Everything posted by Balta1701
-
White Sox draft thread: Day Two
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:51 PM) Dykstra http://www.perfectgame.org/players/playerp...e.aspx?ID=69399 That has him listed as an OF and they called him a RHP above?
-
White Sox draft thread: Day Two
QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:50 PM) Sox 6th Round Pick: James Dykstra....RHP 6-4 above average fastball. Any relation to Lenny?
-
White Sox draft thread: Day Two
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:35 PM) Which is exactly why the idea of value in a pick based simply on his draft position versus where he was actually picked is so absurd. Things have changed. Overdrafting one guy, can lead to the ability to sign another guy that you might not have been able to sign under the current rules. It worked for the Sox last year in picking up someone like Ayala who probably would have gone to school instead of signing for slot. Things are more complex than they were even a couple of years ago. It isn't as simple as "value" anymore. QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:36 PM) Overeaching on early picks has to stop with the scouting department. This is an impressive contrast in posts.
-
White Sox draft thread: Day Two
QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:13 PM) Oakland takes Bobby Wahl. I have seen him as high as 30. He may go back for his senior year. (Do teams get a compensatory pick in these rounds if a guy doesn't sign? Thanks, don't remember how the rule changed).
-
White Sox draft thread: Day Two
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:08 PM) It also means a low level of wear and tear on his arm. I like it. Is that really a concern for most guys at this age? Like with actual data, something that quantifies pitches thrown at a young age = injuries?
-
White Sox draft thread: Day Two
QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 03:02 PM) Let's ignore Marty and continue with this good thread. Please everyone else listen to this statement, I was enjoying the information in the thread.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 08:48 AM) I think time off benefits and older team. Maybe creates rust for more athletic teams. If that makes sense. Heat got the passive Lebron last night. Not gonna work. Hy was Bosh on the floor the last few minutes? He added nothing. Time off defintely will help the Spurs in the long run, but man, I've seen so many teams come out rusty in the NBA after a week long layoff I just sorta expect it.
-
The Democrat Thread
I wonder whose servers know me better. Google or the NSA?
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
Game 1 shoulda been a good chance for the Heat. The Spurs with a week+ off, rusty, in Miami, Miami on 2 days rest so their legs are a little fresher than they'll be the rest of the series. Miami will start feeling the lack of rest more every game this series.
-
2013 MLB Catch-All thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 02:12 AM) http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dodgers-5-bra...36394--mlb.html Puig game story. Can you imagine if he was doing this for the White Sox, how crazy everyone would be going? Haven't had that level of excitement about an individual player for at least four seasons now, since the Beckham rookie year. I was pretty excited when Sale came up. That at bat against Mauer Hawk still refers to ought to go down in history. Joe Mauer walked away from the plate awestruck.
-
Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
Link Good.
-
Make a crazy trade idea
QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 05:38 PM) I think we'd be winning that trade too much but Flowers is a catcher if that helps. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Smoak and sticking him in AAA and see he puts it together. I wonder what the Sox FO thinks of Smoak. IIRC we were between him and Beckham in '08. Yeah, we'd be winning that trade on talent, but the fact that Smoak is extremely likely to be non-tendered at the end of the year means that they'd be getting a player that could stick longer. He'll be readily signable this offseason if we just wait a little.
-
Make a crazy trade idea
QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 05:07 PM) If they deal Smoak they'll want some ceiling though. What about Smoak for Flowers right now? You do that? Phegley lovers would I imagine. Change of scenery on both sides. Yes. I'd go for that, I think.
-
Make a crazy trade idea
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 04:42 PM) If he were on a better team, I'd have no problem with it, but because the Mariners are so bad, you almost have to wait for them to DFA him to try and acquire him, unless you can seriously get him for song. Like, I'd trade Jesse Crain for him because I don't think resigning Crain is a good idea, but the Mariners would not do that. I'd also give someone like Omogrosso for him too, but the Mariners wouldn't do that. The middle ground there is a guy like Nate Jones, and while I'm sure there are some on here who'd have no problem trading Jones away, I don't think I could do it. I would not give Jones away for a guy like Smoak. Jones is no where close to being let go, whereas Smoak is; Smoak will be arb-eligible next year and probably will be non-tendered if his current production holds.
-
Peavy to DL, Omogrosso to AAA
QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 04:06 PM) That is all it is. No more, no less. Well that and Jake Peavy fracturing a rib...
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 03:29 PM) Oh I understand that he has had to go against some great teams, but he has been bounced out of the first round so many times. I think he's a very good coach, and I agree that he gets a lot out of his rosters, but if I were to call a coach amazing I'd hope he would be able to get out of the first round a bit more often. He's made the playoffs each of the last 10 years, but only got out of the 1st round once, which was when they lost to the Lakers. He doesn't control the roster. He has to do the best he can with the hand he's dealt.
-
Buttersnitch! These blackout rules are malarkey!
MLB and FOX TV have been getting at least 3-5 emails a year (each) from me demanding that they allow extra innings subscribers access to the out-of-market broadcast games on Saturday. That is the rule I know for certain is finally changing next year. Andy Dufresne'd those MF's.
-
Peavy to DL, Omogrosso to AAA
QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 02:27 PM) This. He'd been looking better, pitching well two outings in a row. He isn't anything special at this point, but he didn't deserve a demotion. Just a casualty to the dead bullpen. Savvy move. I wanted us to bring up Johnson for today, give him all the relief innings, and then send him back down tomorrow and bring Troncoso. No reason Heath + Troncoso can't get shelled for 4 innings if it comes to that.
-
Peavy to DL, Omogrosso to AAA
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 02:17 PM) More like the culprit of giving up too many bombs. He'd still have been on the roster if the game had ended in 13 last night.
-
Roster Changes Coming?
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 02:10 PM) Hopefully neither see much time on the mound. There's a good chance both pitch tonight. Hell Troncoso might have to close.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 01:34 PM) I don't understand the massive love for George Karl. Is he a very good coach? Yes, but the man has never won a ring. He had Melo and Billups and didn't get to the finals. He got upset this year. It seems like he can help his teams exceed expectations in the regular season, but doesn't seal the deal in the playoffs. Maybe it's time they mixed it up. Take a look at the teams he's been up against though. He had Melo and Billups up against the bloody here have Gasol Lakers. He had the Supersonics up against....well. He's basically gotten about as much out of every roster he's had as any coach in the league for the last decade+.
-
White Sox draft day one thread
Don't forget that once guys are drafted they're available as Adopt-A-Prospects!
-
The Democrat Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:53 PM) I thought Bill Daley running for gov was common knowledge. They have been talking about it for weeks. Unless he's running for Tennessee Governor I have this habit of not knowing about it.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 08:14 AM) Good article, but if the Sox end up being sellers, there's more here than Rios to trade. I liked the tirade over what Selig likes more. Hit the nail on the head there. (Not until its rib heals)
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
(Reaches out to hit the snooze button...)wait...what happened?