Everything posted by Balta1701
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
Really...this commercial is giving me instructions on how to install a toilet.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
I really think I'm going to like this kid.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
Nix that ball.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
3 innings, 9 outs, 33 pitches for MB.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
We have 6 guys in our lineup who are hitting .299 or better. The 3 guys who aren't are batting 2, 3, and 4.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
We've now scored 5 runs off of Galarraga this year.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
We've now scored 3 runs off of Galarraga this year.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
We've now scored 1 run off of Galarraga this year.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
The leadoff walk turns in to a run. Solid.
-
BA update
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:07 PM) Anyone know the day that Brian's DL trip is supposed to be up? It was retroactive to April 30th. May 14th I think that means.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
Leadoff walk for Getzy.
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:06 PM) He said he's yet to pay up but that he'll have to "get creative" in his repayment. IMDB: Indecent Proposal
-
5/7 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox 7:11 CDT CSN
QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:01 PM) Josh gave NoodleArm his number back? GMAFB I'm sure it cost Pods something.
-
The environment thread
Change we can believe in. Specifically...mathematics.
-
The Economy, stupid
Link
-
Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread
Derek Fisher and Rafer Alston receive suspensions, no time off for Kobe or Artest. Kobe's was moved to a Flagrant 1.
-
Manny Suspended 50 Games
QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2009 -> 03:20 PM) Who's a bigger name than Manny? I'm thinking only Pujols, Jeter, Griffey Jr., Ichiro and Feldman. Ortiz, Johan, Rivera I'd consider that level also.
-
Manny Suspended 50 Games
QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 7, 2009 -> 03:13 PM) I was shocked to hear this. Manny what are you doing? Your rookie cards that I own are going to take a hit. In all seriousness, this is another blow to baseball, the question is, what big name is next? One can only hope they're running out of big names who'll test positive.
-
Draft Profile - Tanner Scheppers - Pitcher
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2009 -> 02:39 PM) I believe that was before he made his debut. His fastball was popping. I wonder where Aaron Crow will end up going. He's supposed to make his independent league debut shortly. I want to see Washington take him with the 10th pick.
-
Arlen Specter to switch parties
QUOTE (bmags @ May 7, 2009 -> 02:41 PM) The fact that he's over 50% is a little discouraging for trying to whip him into shape. The fact that he's so close to it though, after a big bout of what should have been good press for him, should be a major worry. Which direction is he going to go from here? It's like the President after the inauguration, it's bound to drop a little bit, the question is what happens a few months later...either people are happy with how he's performing then or they're not.
-
Manny Suspended 50 Games
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2009 -> 01:44 PM) I guess there are some questions surrounding how quickly and completely Alomar went from one of the best players (and fielders) in baseball history to "just hanging on." Ryne Sandberg also faded quickly in his 30's. That's sort of what's supposed to happen in your mid to late 30's.
-
BA update
QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2009 -> 01:38 PM) No, it's a big deal because I think the Sox would rather keep Podsednik as the everyday starting CF. With Wise coming back in a month or so, there's going to be a tough decision to be made. I'm fascinated by your use of the word "Tough".
-
Achoo! - Oink!
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2009 -> 01:37 PM) My girlfriend got a call when I was with her yesterday informing her that a student showed up to her class after testing positive for the Swine Flu. I of course, having just started feeling sick yesterday, freaked out for 15 minutes, and than later on in the day they called and retracted the statement saying that the student had actually only had the regular flu. You're probably better off getting it now than you would be if it comes back later this year.
-
Manny Suspended 50 Games
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:32 AM) I'm not saying one thing or another, but you can spin it many different ways. He was also hampered with injuries most of his time in Minnesota and he was playing for an organization that tended to frown upon the hr's. I'm not saying the Twins didn't want Ortiz hitting 50Hr's a year, rather they look for more complete hitters and when he went to Boston he was entering his prime, was healthy, and was able to actually swing away and was allowed to drive the ball more. There were a lot of people around baseball for a couple years when Ortiz was with the Twins talking about how good he could be, but injuries led to him getting DFA'd and the Red Sox took a chance. No one thought he'd be as good as he was, but people thought he had ability. Even Sammy, the guy hit for power well before he was roiding or at least well before his body was super huge. Going to pull the Bill Simmons article on you for this one.
-
Manny Suspended 50 Games
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 7, 2009 -> 09:20 AM) Well I was going to guess that it was an erectile dysfunction drug because most likely it contains some sort of steroid to "get it up." We will see what baseball says if he has a valid prescription. You don't take a women's ED drug to get it up if you're a man. Ever hear the warning in those commercials that women shouldn't handle the drugs? Same reasoning.