Everything posted by Balta1701
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 11:38 AM) what type of play did BA make? I was watching on the CBS.com play-by-play Running catch covering decent ground. Nothing amazing...at least for Anderson.
-
Who is MVP of Indians Series
John Danks.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
By the way, whoever was worried about Hafner vs. Jenks...I'd just like to update. Hafner is now 0/2 with 2 k's against Bobby.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
And that is why Anderson belongs in CF.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
QUOTE(Balance @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 11:35 AM) Is Gameday just being slow, or is it really taking this long for Hafner's AB to begin? Gameday is just being slow. Jenks has a couple strikes on Hafner already. 1-2 count, couple of 2 strike curves fouled off.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
QUOTE(heirdog @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 11:16 AM) Anyone else worried about the Hafner-Jenks match-up? I know you go with Bobby and don't play match-ups but it worries me for some reason. Hafner is 0/1 with a strikeout against Jenks in his career.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 11:12 AM) Not over yet...we still gotta get thru the 9th...although the pitching in this game has been awesome. The 9th inning = Bobby Jenks. If Bobby loses a game, I can live with that. I know what Bobby's going to bring me, and there won't be many games where I have to worry about him. I don't know yet what our rebuilt bullpen is going to give me.
-
Positive Catch All
Positives today already: John Danks. Sub-positives: Rebuilt bullpen works. Dotel, Linebrink both with good outings. Uribe and Crede both hitting a little bit.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
Well, that's one game where the bullpen has worked.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 11:01 AM) I'd like to see Ozzie go with Dotel for 1 batter, and then let Logan face Sizemore, 2nd hitter, Hafner. I don't like the possible Linebrink vs Sizemore match-up. If Boone comes in...He doesn't face Hafner. He doesn't need to.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 10:54 AM) How about John Danks. Awesome stuff. Wouldn't it be funny... all of us worried about the 3-4-5, well, what if the 3-4-5 have better first outings than our 1-2? And on top of that...the lead in this game comes from the other 2 goats, Uribe and Crede.
-
Danks tries to dam the (West)brook..
QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 09:35 AM) I'll take Westbrook At least he hit a ball in the air.
-
Memo: Laws Didn't Apply to Interrogators
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:34 PM) Good men thought they needed to do this to protect America. I find it sad that we believe we need to abandon our freedoms, our ideals, and basic decency to stay safe. I disagree.
-
Chris Getz?
Unfortunately, Richar is out for at least the next month.
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:48 PM) so, what was the difference in todays game from anyone of those 92 from last year? AJ hit well. Crede played. No Erstad. No Gonzalez.
-
The environment thread
I'm surprised I don't post more links to the Oil Drum (excellent energy issue blog) here, but this one I found especially good. Long description of the various solar energy systems that are now coming on line and how rapidly they may be able to take over for the junk we're using now.
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:14 PM) how many runners stranded is that? yikes... Gameday shows the Sox with 7 and the Tribe with 9.
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:14 PM) So how are we so much improved over last year?? Our bench and AAA team are quite a bit better. And Erstad is far, far away.
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:08 PM) Simple Prediction: K You win this round...
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(chisoxt @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:08 PM) This team is a sabermetric nightmare: A. Too slow B. Too many strikeouts C. Too few walks D. Naive GM who refuses to recognize A, B and C When have the sabermetrics people seriously looked at speed as a big advantage? And aren't guys like Thome and Swisher, big strikeout guys, also ideal guys for that style of ball?>
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:07 PM) Yes. And no team will make a good offer for 1/2 year of OC. I could imagine a scenario where a team would do it if they were desperate. Something similar to the situation the Brewers were in when they traded for Linebrink last year. Your SS goes down and you're in a playoff hunt, you don't have a rookie ready, etc. I mean, say Jose Reyes went down for the Mets. Other than giving up that #1 guy they wouldn't give up for Johan, would you sacrifice a shot at the playoffs with Johan in your rotation in exchange for 3 decent prospects?
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:05 PM) So here's a question that hopefully we won't have to deal with, but could be a possible situation: what if the Sox struggle this year, and have the chance to trade O. Cabrera at the deadline.... Do they do that instead of hold out for the arbitration draft picks? Only if some team offers something more valuable than 2 arbitration picks. None of this Willy Mo Pena + a reliever (aka...a hard throwing reliever) garbage like the Bosox tried to give us for JD last year.
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(knightni @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:02 PM) So, they'd rather have him at DH than Hafner? With their recent performance taken in to account, I'd say yes. Maybe not money wise though.
-
May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!
QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 07:00 PM) Well, duh! It just infuriates me so much to think that we can up most of our farm system this offseason, spent a lot of money on relievers, sent down Fields for Crede....and we're still a bad team. The team on the field right now may not be playing well, but I think this team, as constructed, is significantly better than "Bad".
-
DEM Primaries/Candidates thread
To shift the discussion a little...Hillary's on the air in PA with another 3:00 a.m. ad.. This one going after McCain.