Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 11:35 AM) If Martin has indeed tried to kill himself before, it is unreasonable to expect him to start being a tough guy and self-advocating against one of the biggest douchebags in the world. Martin may not have the best psyche in the world to handle the rigor of the NFL, but nobody should have to deal with what he was getting and I'd imagine he would have been fine without antagonists like Incognito and whoever else was involved. Incognito Sr putting those suicide attempts out there in the public is pretty low, if they are in fact true. And if they are in fact, true, then Jr and the entire Dolphins coaching staff that suggested he needs to be toughened up need to get suspended. What happens if it comes out that Martin has had head trauma and is suffering from CTE, leading to some sort of depression that leads to suicidal thoughts/attempts? That would be a collossal PR clusterf*** for the NFL
  2. QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 09:47 AM) Wow, I am blown away by some of the comments in here. It is a hot button topic to say the least
  3. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 09:24 AM) ? He has had anger issues dating back to Nebraska. Probably high school if someone dug it up. His dads messageboard posts pretty much reaffirm Jr's line of thinking
  4. QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 6, 2013 -> 09:17 AM) This all happened in the off season though right? I thought those voice mails were from April. And again, it could be that this was all after-practice stuff. Apparently Martin has been getting the treatment since he has been there, and then they asked to toughen him up. I think it will all come out eventually. Im guessing that Incognito is going to have more than a few hazing trophies on his mantle
  5. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 09:35 PM) How? The NFL is a billion dollar business and a vast majority of its employees are entirely dependent on 16 opportunities to prove their value in millions. Millions they're going to need later on when they're eating from a straw. The stakes are ridiculously high, weak links cannot be tolerated and someone's feelings are not important at all. There's no time for political correctness or any of the other symptoms of the pussification of the American general public to creep in. All that matters is the guy you are on the field. Its cutthroat, we the fans demand it be that way. Take a look around the sports world, these crazy analytics and hyper scrunity... this is the culture it creates. Incognito did nothing wrong. He's clearly crazy and definitely an asshole, but in the context of his world he was entirely within bounds. He's the better player, he helps the team more, and that is all that matters. Extorting 15k and threatening to kill a guy is within bounds on the NFL? Interesting
  6. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 03:48 PM) I think three weeks is extremely optimistic, but who knows. IIRC Charles Rodgers broke his collarbone, and came back really early and then immediately broke it again. I think the second time it was against the Bears
  7. Favre cannot remember how to get to Wisconsin. Thank you Corey Wooten
  8. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 05:14 PM) I can't believe they are ending the series again after only 1 comeback season. Pump another 2-3 out of this show, it's riding real high right now. I think they would rather go out on top. Everyone was pretty disappointed in season 3 when they thought that was how the series finished out
  9. Javy was always lights out until the 5th. Then...boom
  10. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 11:11 AM) I bet Skip Bayless has suggested that. Nah, he is suggesting Vince Young.
  11. i am sure it takes a lot of intellect/IQ/EQ to send Ortiz and Manny to PED providers that wont get caught. Manny left the Red Sox and it all fell apart
  12. QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:43 AM) Don't forget about Steltz; although he did look good holding for Gould on that kickoff. I will ALWAYS forget about Steltz
  13. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 10:07 AM) I now have to watch Seneca Wallace play QB for the next three or four weeks. That being said, Eddie Lacy is sick. He had over 97 yards rushing after contact. I doubt that. I bet Flynn is already packing his camo parka and long underwear
  14. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 09:54 AM) Would the Bears have won if Rodgers played? Probably not, because GB would have scored 35 points minimum. But who cares? If the Bears beat Detroit Sunday, they will have a major edge in the divisional race, as the Pack have to play a few games without #12. This isn't the NCAA tournament, they won't take injuries into account come playoff time. The best records make it, the Bears are tied for first, enjoy a victory at Lambeau, it has been a while. I completely agree that Rodgers would most likely have won this game for the Packers, im not disagreeing at all. All players being healthy, I really dont know how it would have shaken out, to be honest with you. But they have to keep playing. I just dont like the "We shouldnt enjoy this..." sentiment. f*** that
  15. QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Nov 5, 2013 -> 09:41 AM) Do you honestly think that Packers wouldn't have made up that 7 point difference with Rodgers playing? The Bears are not more injured than the Packers, that just ridiculous to say. The Packers were Rodgers, Lang, Bulaga, Matthews, Perry, Finley and Cobb. That's 7 starters. 3-4 of which are Pro-Bowl caliber. Im not saying that at all, I just think the "Well their starting QB is injured" excuse is lame when the Bears had the exact same issue, plus more. The fact is, both teams were throwing out their B team, and the Bears came out on top. It doesnt make the victory tainted or get an asterisk. It was still a fun game to watch. The Bears are missing a pro bowl Defensive Lineman in Melton, a pretty good backup in Collins, 2 probowl linebackers and a pro bowl QB. It isnt like they were better off
  16. good god the meatheads calling the Score today. "I just want to say, well the Bears wouldnt have won if Rodgers was playing. But I am a Bears fan" "They didnt have their QB..." "Lets not get excited about this" STFU, the Bears are just as injured if not more injured than the Packers at the same positions, as well as DL
  17. Marshall Martellus and Alshon is a scary set of Receivers for a QB to play with. Forte is just icing on the cake
  18. Awesome win, I don't even care that Rodgers got hurt, they earned it
  19. My favorite Jon Gruden story tonite "I was a coach with Trestman...I don't know where or when"
  20. Everytime something like that happens, you see wright out of position and conte on the ground after missing a tackle
  21. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 08:55 PM) Rumors going around that Rodgers busted his collarbone. That is what it looked like. He wasn't moving his arm much
  22. I'm sick of the sad Aaron Rodgers injury music
  23. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 4, 2013 -> 12:19 PM) Here's hoping that in 2 years the Tigers look exactly as sloppy as the 2013 White Sox. The Tigers have been a sloppy team for a long time, they are just able to hit and pitch over their errors
  24. Kyyle23 replied to kwill's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 3, 2013 -> 06:06 AM) It would be kind of neat to have a probable hall of famer on the roster. However, it doesn't seem to make sense for a team that A. Has a pretty strong rotation already and B. Has faint hope of competing next year, to sign Halladay. Maybe the Royals or Angels will grab him. I dont know if he will make the hall of fame, i think more in the Hall of Very Good

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.