Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 11:28 AM) Growing up I was a huge MJ fan, the man was a sports god in my eyes and I really resented the way the NBA and the media presented Kobe right from the get go as the "next MJ". MJ earned his place in the GOAT debate with achievements, he EARNED it and I felt the NBA wanted to hand Kobe the mantle of the next GOAT just because his game was somewhat similar to Jordan's. Then Kobe got 3 rings in his early 20's (thanks to Shaq) and I thought it would be inevitable that Kobe would surpass MJ and give fodder to his foolish fan base and some ignorant media types that Kobe>MJ. Today with Kobe being in the twilight of his career and still stuck on 5 titles, it's looking more and more like he isn't going to get that sixth ring and surprisingly, I can't say that I'm happy about it. Sure, it's funny looking at the Lakers team that on paper look stacked and seeing them struggle so bad but I've become a bit of a Kobe fan (regardless of his moronic fans) and yeah he sometimes shoots way too much and he's a bit of a prick but he's also a throwback NBA player, the last of a dying breed. With all that said, though it may be impossible but wouldn't he look great in a Bulls jersey right now? He's the elite scoring option we need at SG! I know it ain't gonna happen but crazier things have happened before. I discussed this very subject with a friend last night. It would be awesome, but the Bulls would have to cut off a leg to make it happen. The way it looks right now, the Lakers are going to have to tell Kobe it is time to rebuild. This team aged out quick, and I cant imagine Howard wanting to stick around after this experience. I cant imagine Kobe is going to like hearing that.
  2. QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 09:54 AM) People were talking about Jo's big play last night possibly giving him a push into the AS game... ...and of course SportsCenter decided the Bulls-Pistons game would be the one NBA game they didn't cover today. Nobody will even know that play happened. Hey, people need to know that the 8 games under .500 Lakers are having childish locker arguments. THis is important
  3. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 07:31 AM) Gotta like when this happens right when people were complaining about Nate again. Nate almost blew it at the end just as much as he brought it back. With less than two minutes in consecutive possessions he took extremely quick shots that led the Pistons to score and bring it back to a tie.
  4. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 07:30 AM) Someone let me know when that is on the soundboard. I would check now, the score has been running that soundbite all morning
  5. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 08:29 AM) from pooping and masturbating to this - you're a sick man. the story made him think "bananas"
  6. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 24, 2013 -> 08:17 AM) I don't care about any football/ND stuff anymore with this case, I'm just kind of intrigued about the weirdness of it all. I was intrigued, but I have already become tired of it because people are treating it like it is the most important thing in sports right now. It isnt even close.
  7. At this point, I just dont know if I really care anymore. Laws werent broken, it is ridiculous in itself and self aggrandizing(my opinion of him, of course), but nobody was really harmed except for Te'os reputation for the rest of his life. We all want the "GOTCHA" moment, but once we get it, then what? He moves on with his life, gets drafted, and plays football for the next 10 years(maybe) with fans of opposing teams ridiculing him. This Katie Couric interview doesnt really change anything for me. It still looks like a stupid backstory created by his PR team.
  8. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 09:21 PM) Not on the GameCube, which is honestly the one I remember most But I feel like there's more of it with the WiiU so far. GameCube was the skip. The 64 had a few, Wii had a lot, WiiU is continuing it. I'm really excited to see the gamepad Conversion for Aliens: Colonial Marines. I think it is gonna be awesome. Some of the stuff I do with the gamepad already with just Nintendoland and the ZombieU demo is really cool.
  9. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 02:07 PM) Why is every game titled WiiU or U. Dear lord. Have you never seen a Nintendo game? They have been putting the console name next to the game forever.
  10. QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 12:40 PM) So the NCAA f***ed up the Miami investigation through improperly hiring Shapiro's lawyer and illegally interviewing witnesses. Awesome work guys. I like ESPNs article title Miami allegations to wait as NCAA probes itself
  11. that boy was smokin something
  12. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 12:54 PM) Houston has been pretty entertaining. GS when Curry is healthy. Other than that, it's pretty obvious: Miami: Peak LeBron, 'nuff said. OKC: How do you trade Harden and somehow get better? Clippers: Paul Lakers: just for comedy, I guess. I dont know, I see it more of a unintentional bad movie like The Room
  13. QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 11:16 AM) OK, wasn't it just a few years ago, when we acquired Flowers, that everyone was down on his defense? He was a potential 1B/DH candidate? Now he could be a top 10 defensive catcher? Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for the kid, and I hope it's true, but where did the terrible defense stuff come from then? Or has he just worked that hard to improve? I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that he was converted to catcher so everyone doubted his ability. From all accounts he has worked very hard to learn the position, and he obviously has the arm
  14. Kyyle23 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 09:56 AM) Wii U looking really good after Nintendos press conference today No kidding, I have NEVER read an IGN article that praised Nintendo as much as the one released today. MarioKart WiiU, Yoshis Island, Super Smash Bros WiiU, Mario Galaxy WiiU, Zelda, and a WiiU Zelda Windwaker is a pretty awesome bunch of announcements though
  15. QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 23, 2013 -> 08:57 AM) I thought he was just "tailoring" the truth? They do altering at tailor shops
  16. brief lies huh? So, "brief" means multiple years?
  17. IIRC Pitta is an RFA
  18. QUOTE (Lamar Johnson 23 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 04:10 PM) I have a question...at some point today I posted a presale code for single game tickets, it has since been deleted. Why? We are talking with the Sox ticket office about whether it is appropriate or not to post those codes. There was a complaint so we are following up on it. If they give us the ok, we will put the thread back up
  19. I think Omer had two issues that made him look slow to catch up with the Bulls, injuries and the lockout. Remember, last season he was coming off the broken leg in the playoffs, so his conditioning wasnt at top form. IIRC he also had a broken clavicle in his final season in Europe. THis season he was healthy and hit the ground running
  20. It is nice to look at that list and see Greg Olsen with 69 catches and only 4 drops
  21. Kyyle23 replied to SoxFan1's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 12:28 PM) Most cars today won't even start if the belt is broken. Plus, if your belt is going, that is something you will hear. Usually from a mile away
  22. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 02:33 PM) Yep, Kellen Davis was every bit as horrible this year as we believed him to be. PFF TE Drop Rate. Most useless player I've ever seen. Lovie Smith disagrees
  23. QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 02:20 PM) Why fix any problem? Why create more problems to fix one
  24. Phillies sign Delmon Young, 1 Year 750K edit: YOU'RE KILLIN ME SMALLS!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.