Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 08:29 AM) Actually, he never did and stuck by his guns the whole time, and I think he has a point. The selection committee chooses the teams with best overall resumes to get in the tournament, not the teams that they think have the best chance to win a game. VCU's run in the tourney doesn't necessarily validate that their resume was deserving of a NCAA bid. (I'm agreeing with his line of thinking, not which team had a better resume at the time) That's a big difference with this NIU thing. The basketball tourney is a subjective decision. The BCS has a list of rules & stipulations that must occur in order for a team like NIU to qualify. Those rules were agreed upon by the major conferences. And all those crazy stipulations happened, so NIU is in the BCS, they weren't just "chosen" by a committee. The human voters had like 9 or 10 non-BCS teams ahead of them, so it's not like they thought they were a top-10 team. You are 100 percent correct, my mistake. There is always someone who just wants to complain in these shows, lol
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 08:01 AM) Or the reaction to VCU in the 2011 Big Dance... Bilas admitted he was wrong fairly quickly IIRC. He was the "Herbstreit" in that manufactured outrage segment. I actually like Bilas, he called the Kansas SIU sweet 16 game in 07 and was nothing but complimentary.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
Herbstreits reaction reminds me a lot of Digger Phelps back when SIU and Creighton started making the tournament with regularity. Phelps completely buried SIU and basically gave the same "You have no right to be here" argument about SIU in 2001 when they opened the 11 seed vs 6 seed Texas Tech. Then SIU went to the Sweet 16 by beating Tech and Georgia and finally losing to UConn. Phelps fidgeted with a lot of highlighters during the tournament that year. NIU just needs to show up and play.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
Rip has spent 90 percent of his bulls career injured. I could care less how pissed he is.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
So the Shield is NWO part 5
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 05:09 PM) Wisconsin to the Rose Bowl is just an extreme fluke. That being said, they did obliterate Nebraska, so I am not really going to apologize to much. Especially as I think there is a hilarious chance they beat Stanford. Nobody should ever have to apologize for their teams being in a bowl, you should just enjoy it. Well, unless you cheated like crazy to get there and got caught. Then you should apologize
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 03:47 PM) I feel like there's very little chance this movie doesn't suck. I dont know, I think Michael Shannon as General Zod is going to be epic.
-
White Sox winter meetings thread...
QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 01:54 PM) I think he would like the Dodgers park though. Sure, any pitcher would. And for the record I agree that he will end up with the Dodgers. But if I were greinke and weighing factors, I would probably end up on the Rangers.
-
White Sox winter meetings thread...
QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 01:37 PM) I dont see how Zack Greinke would pick the Rangers over the Dodgers. Unless the Rangers somehow outbid the Dodgers(not likely) he should be a Dodger by the end of this week. If it is by money alone, then yea i agree with you. If it is by a team that has a better chance,I would prefer the Rangers. If you put Greinke in that rotation, they would be just crazy dominant
-
2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 12:45 PM) Enjoy http://deadspin.com/5439875/ahole-coach-di...majerus-edition Enjoy is an odd way to put it.
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Eagles fired Jim Washburn. So, Andy Reid continues to hack off pieces of the carcass for no reason on the way down
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 12:27 PM) this is funny as hell, but you know Crawford will retaliate
-
2012 TV Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 10:07 AM) Boardwalk Empire - awesomeness. Walking Dead - It's been very good and it kinda ended on a blah note. The Michonne/governor scene was cool, but I feel like the show has royally screwed up both of those characters. They should have been more ambiguous about how creepy/crazy/bad the governor is instead of throwing it out there in the first episode. And Michonne they just haven't done any sort of character development at all, so her motives seem completely arbitrary. For example, why does she go back for the governor? I would understand her wanting to go back and get Andrea, but nothing else she has done makes sense. From what little we know, she should be heading towards the ocean right now, not hooking up with Rick and the Prison Crew and invading the town. Also, new african american guy! 2 was too many apparently. My thinking is Michonne feels that the Governor tried to kill her because he sent Merle and that group after her when she left. Because, well, he did. The new african american guy is a big character in the comic. Not random, just bringing him in.
-
2012 TV Thread
QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 11:33 PM) I can always appreciate a good bad guy, but the governor in Walking Dead really just annoys me to all hell. I know the entire 2nd half of the season is going to be dedicated to a battle with him but here is hoping he is killed in 3 episodes and Andrea follows soon after. I think that is the idea, you are supposed to be annoyed by him. To be honest though, i expected a more openly sadistic character, but it seems like his daughter just flipped a switch. One thing i didnt like, he was rather nonchalant about having a shard of glass sticking out of his eye socket. I understand he just lost his daughter and all, but come on now.
-
Brad Lidge to Retire
QUOTE (Al Lopez's Ghost @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 09:43 PM) I will never forget Pod's walk off, or Dye's single, but that's just me. Of course, but pujols hr basically shook lidge up. Then pods and dye did their thing
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 09:28 PM) Why the f*** are people so upset about NIU? Like Oklahoma & their pristine BCS record are gonna provide better entertainment? How many people actually watch the non-New Year Day BCS game anyway? I'm no big mid-major supporter, but why not give them a chance in a bowl game that means nothing anyway? Florida State lost to NC State. Louisville lost to UConn. NIU lost to Iowa. Does it really matter that much? YOU ARENT ALLOWED IN OUR CLUB STAY OUT
-
Brad Lidge to Retire
i will never forget that homerun he gave up to Pujols in the NLCS at Houston to blow the game. That ball still hasnt landed yet
-
2012 TV Thread
Holy f***ig s*** michonne, you answered my eyepatch question.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 08:13 PM) Let's see... We've got jealous and yellow so far... What's next? Dueling pistols? You sir, offend my sensibilities. Back to back, 25 paces and turn
-
2012 Films Thread
- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
You have to imagine Schwartz gets fired for sure now. 4-8 after 12 games was not what everyone was thinking after last season- 2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread
Majerus sounded like a really good guy. But the whole s***ting in towels thing was pretty nasty- Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 05:17 PM) What a joke. This BCS lineup is now terrible. Eh, we say this every year. And every year we watch, the games are usually good. Rinse, repeat.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 04:50 PM) Yeah, I get that...which is exactly why I am not going to try and pretend as though it was a determining factor in the game. It was in the first quarter, I believe, or very early second. There was 3 quarters of football to be played. If we want to go through the entire game and list every play call that didn't work out or every time we didn't execute well, we could probably be here for the rest of the day. Seems a bit pointless to me to harp on that. What I referred to as "FACT" is that a 245 pound NFL back usually gains 5 inches. This is what Bush was brought in to do. It isn't as if it was 4th and 3 or 4 yards. I mean honestly, Kyyle, if you are of the opinion that you should always kick on 4th down when you have a touchdown lead, that's fine. I guess we'll just disagree on that. Our O line just does not generate enough push for me to confidently say that at any point that they should go for it on a 4th and inches situation. It is what it is, you have to know that your personnel isnt good enough at this point of the year. It wasnt THE determining factor, but the Seahawks defense fed off of that. And yeah, there is plenty of crap that we could peruse through and wonder "WHY THE HELL WAS THAT CALLED?". For example, not one but two draw plays with 3rd and long when Marshall was destroying their CBs.- 2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 04:25 PM) So your argument is that we would have tried to score with 20 seconds left tied at 17? My argument is that they left points on the field. What happens after those points are scored is not guaranteed to be what we saw when they were not scored. I would have taken the points. You would have run the play to get the first down. Its a difference of opinion here, there is no "FACT" because we dont know if the Bears would have tried to score. - 2012-2013 NFL Thread