Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 12:39 PM) jon greenberg ‏@espnchijon . @OzzieGuillen tells his website: "I have a feeling you might be seeing me on TV somewhere in the future." i didnt know that Telemundo was hiring
  2. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 12:33 PM) Does anyone have any confidence in who will make the Super Bowl? I have no clue. Today I'll say Pats vs 49ers but my picks change weekly. You can never count out the Giants if they get hot
  3. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 12, 2012 -> 12:24 PM) @TyDunne Marshall: I don't like the Green Bay Packers. I really don't like their players. I'll play this like it's my last game. I love it. Hopefully Jay throws it to him this time, and not Woodson and company
  4. @Dbacks: OFFICIAL: #Dbacks acquire SS Didi Gregorius, LHP Tony Sipp & 1B Lars Anderson from CLE for RHPs Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 01:34 PM) I'm going to go ask a Mr. Vilma about this, and I'll get you a statement from his attorney. If there is a ladder of Commissioner bad, Goodell is on the first floor, and Bettman is cleaning the skydeck of the Sears tower. So Goodell pissed off a linebacker, who cares. Bettman has lost 2 1/2 seasons.
  6. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 12:52 PM) So forgive my Superman movie franchise ignorance, are they essentially pretending Superman Returns doesnt exist and rebooting the reboot? Much like The Amazing Spiderman, this version of Superman is following a different Superman origin story. DC relaunched all of their comic titles under "The New 52" where storylines were tweaked and characters were given slightly different back histories and runs. it gives new artists and writers a chance to do their own thing without having to follow previous history to the letter. Similar to how Tim Burton followed a version of Batman where Joker killed Waynes parents, whereas Nolan followed a version where a mere thug kills them.
  7. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 12:30 PM) Yeah Superman looks awesome. It's about time. I love Michael Shannon as Zod. I posted a trailer with him playing the Iceman mob hitman, and that is getting rave reviews at the film festivals. I saw him in Take Shelter and loved it, he really played a man at a crossroads convincingly.
  8. There is going to be a book written about this sometime, and I want to know what happened here. Goodells case must have really been built on a bunch of heresay
  9. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 11:27 AM) love it
  10. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 12:25 PM) Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly Via @gregaiello, Paul Tagliabue has "vacated all player discipline" from the #Saints bounty scandal. paging Roger Goodell. paging Roger Goodell. Please pick up your balls at the lost and found
  11. QUOTE (YASNY @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 12:16 PM) Just a quick question here ... Has anyone heard anything about this Mexican singer that died in a plane crash a day or two ago, Jenni Rivera ... being Estaban Loaiza's wife? I thought I saw it mentioned online while at work, but work interferred and I lost it. Yeah, they were married for a few years, 2010-October of this year
  12. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 12:14 PM) Matt Spiegel ‏@MattSpiegel670 TheBears have placed Robbie Gould on Injured Reserve. Olindo Mare will sign. OLINDO!
  13. Damn, when things go bad, they go bad quick
  14. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 11:39 AM) I remember last season when Bears fans wanted us to throw a ton of money at Mario Williams Or Nmandi Asomghua, remember him? Its easy to look back at that in retrospect and say it was stupid, both of those players were top defensive players when they hit the market And again, a pro bowl LT is gold in the NFL. You have to protect your QB.
  15. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 11:35 AM) Long is still only 27. I think he could rebound from injuries. You just never know. He is probably gonna get a ton of guaranteed money. My only worry is that Miami just is giving up on him. But then again, they drafted his replacement for a different type of offense
  16. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 11:11 AM) I'm not certain of the wisdom of throwing a lot of money at one position when the Bears have many positions of need. The interior of that line right now is not good either, and really hasn't been that good the entire year. Do you recall Jay stepping into a nice comfy pocket much this season? I've seen the middle get pushed back a lot which results in jay having to dance around and throw off his back foot. There is probably going to be a lot of parts moving in and out next offseason, so its hard to tell where the money will be allocated and who will fit in where. But one thing is for sure, if you can lock in a really good LT, you do it. The problem is, can Long remain healthy and get back to being that really good LT
  17. Kids are pretty good drinking deterrants. I hate it when people get all frowny at me when i am s***hammered around my kids and want to drive places. whats that all about seriously though, if I ever have anything to drink, it is usually within an hour before my kids go to bed. I just do not like drinking when my kids are around.
  18. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:06 AM) I was talking to an NFL head coach this summer, odd circumstance, and he was pretty candid about the Bears. He was not a fan of Martz, Tice or Lovie. He also said that they had Shea as a third round talent and without a position in the NFL. His thought on the OC position was that Lovie really did not knwo what he wanted and could not make a decision on that position to save his life. Teams were not letting him interview guys anymore for that position which is why Tice was handed the job. Some things on Lovie. He is abysmal at evaluating and developing talent. My feeling is that he has a say in the draft and roster moreso than we are lead to believe. I find it odd that after Lovie got his deal after the Super Bowl all of a sudden Jerry Angelo could not draft any longer. I also think the McClellan pick has Lovie written all over it to replace Urlacher at middle linebacker. Lovie inherited three pro bowl defenders and was handed a DE with hall of fame talent and he is incapable of building on that. If that is the case, then why has Lovie been so stubborn and insistent on keeping McClellin at DE? Right now is the time that McClellin should be moving into that spot and he is still a spot rusher
  19. QUOTE (Sox1 @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 09:17 AM) Mark Gonzalez wrote on sunday, that the Sox were looking at a left handed hitter thats plays on the right side of the infield for the Mariners. How about Beckham for Ackley? It was a total guess by Gonzalez http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-12...ox-jordan-danks Nothing concrete there. And I doubt they would just flip Ackley after his first full year
  20. QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 03:46 PM) In regard to radio retreads Steve Dahl was pretty decent and was paid by 104.3 to sit home for two years and do podcasts. In regard to space until I was helping my 11 year old son on a project, I had never heard of Voyager 1 and Voyager 2. that sound you just heard was Balta exploding in white hot rage
  21. QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 08:54 AM) Bettman has to be the worst commissioner in sports, right? hard to argue for a guy that has lost 2 1/2 seasons(most likely 3) in 20 years. He has also led an overexpansion of the league that has really hurt the overall profitability of the league.
  22. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 10:35 PM) I can't imagine Deb risking her life to get Dexter to break up with Hannah. I mean, she was hanging upside down in her car in a ditch for christsakes. Yeah, I get Deb setting up Hannah, that makes sense, but not in such a dangerous fashion. She could have drank the bottle right as she got to Dexters, collapsed, and then she'd be in the hospital either way, making a claim against Hannah. Doesn't make sense to risk your life for that. Also, why the hell wouldn't Dex just KILL Hannah? She knows everything about Dexter. She could easily get back at Dexter by telling everyone his methods, what he does, etc. Love. The same reason why Deb would do a crazy thing in order to get hannah out of the picture
  23. QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 11, 2012 -> 06:51 AM) "might be" carries a very wide probability range. I could say I "might be" fat and I "might be" sleeping with Kate Upton tonight, yet the likelihoods of both statements are vastly different. This part of the probability range does not apply to reality. AJ returning to the Sox isnt farfetched
  24. QUOTE (RZZZA @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 07:08 PM) For all the people complaining about the Shea pick, let me just remind you that Emery also took alshon jeffery who before his injury was leading all rookie Wr's in yards and tied for most TDs with Stephen Hill. He may well be the BEST rookie WR in the league. So I'll take that. And who knows, Shea might still be good. The problem is that is a wasted first round pick in a year that is considered within a "window". Shea could end up being good sometime, but that doesn't help now and the first round pick should be able to help now.
  25. QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Dec 10, 2012 -> 06:50 PM) As nice as it would be to land Long I think the chances of him ending up actually hitting FA are very unlikely. For whatever reason people are saying the dolphins plan on letting him walk. Strange, but the talk is getting louder

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.