Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Kenny Williams a possible GM for Dodgers?
There is not enough Hollywood in Hollywood for KW
-
**Official 2014 NLCS Games thread**
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 12:34 AM) #cardinalsfatigue #cardinalsgiantsfatigue
-
Official NHL 2014-15 Thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:38 PM) I don't live in Illinois. Balta does live in Pittsburgh, so they cant nail him for being out of state and try and jack up his price. It really sucks that these teams do that though. If your teams cant keep opposing teams fans out by having their own fans actually use their own seats, then you shouldnt do the "keep the red out" campaigns, thats just bogus. You never see the Bears preventing Packers fans from coming into Soldier Field, or vice versa. You would think St Louis and their greatest fans evar would show up and not sell their seats
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
you know what i found interesting, B&B read off the Pro Football Reference list of players most similar to Cutler, and George wasnt one of them. I see the comparison as well, which is why i found it interesting
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 01:38 PM) Man the bears injury reports have been ridiculous this year. Wasn't McLellin supposedly gonna come back with the broken hand because he's a linebacker that will never intercept a ball anyway? McMuffin seems like he may have quite an injury problem. The guy has been an unmitigated disaster
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 01:17 PM) I had no idea Briggs was even hurt. What happened? I think shoulder. They have been really secretive about it. Get ready for Sharpton and Jones, everybody
-
Official NHL 2014-15 Thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 02:21 AM) This may not help much since Nashville has a "Keep the Red Out" campaign to keep Hawks fans from buying tickets, so the prices may have been inflated beyond normal Hawks away games, but we paid like $104 a seat to see the Hawks play Nashville in April and we sat in the upper deck near the top, lined up w/ a blue line I think. i think Balta should be able to skirt around that campaign because he doesnt live in Illinois. Unless they somehow force you to reveal your team loyalty before you buy a ticket
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 10, 2014 -> 08:16 AM) Plus they are horizon league not MAC, early morning brain. Not in football, Youngstown St is in MVFC
-
Ray Rice Cut and Suspended Indefinitely
The NFL is closing their ranks against Angelo, the Bears and other people that worked with him are all denying what he said. They arent a fan of this whistleblower
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 10:38 PM) I think he's the best defensive player I've ever seen. I'm a touch too young to remember LT, but only other candidates off the top of my head are Ray lewis, Reggie white, maybe champ bailey Peppers is in that discussion. In his prime he was unstoppable
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:30 PM) Yes. Nobody was saying "ugh I don't want to go to a crappy stadium to watch football", people went because the bears were playing. People aren't going to the Rams games because they don't care about football. The bears also were coming off a playoff season. When the Rams were the greatest show on turf, they cared enough to go to that dump. In other NFL news, Adrian Peterson just admitted that he smoked a little weed and will probably fail the court mandated drug test he had to take yesterday
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 02:20 PM) I find that to be a crap argument. Bears fans filled up that crap ass Memorial Stadium which was 2 hours away. Most cities have a safe base of 70k fans each week eager to watch football. You are citing one season where the bears were rebuilding their stadium as proof? At a university full of students from the chicagoland area? That is even more of a crap argument
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 12:30 PM) The Edward Jones Dome is f***ing awful. I saw a Bears game there a few years ago with my Dad (Rams fan). The Bears slaughtered them, and it didn't even feel like an event. It was like a half-empty stadium. You could hear crickets. St Louis is just trying to maximize every dollar opportunity out of that concrete dumpster before it is declared unsafe and leveled(and by leveled, I mean sits there unused for 10 years before someone finally detonates it, like the Silverdome is right now). I honestly believe if St Louis built a outdoor stadium, they would get fans back. Nobody wants a dome anymore
-
2015 Steamer Projections
QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:44 AM) inb4 "What are Cleveland's Steamer projections?" YOU CANT DO THAT TO YOUR OWN POST! YOU CANT TRIPLESTAMP A DOUBLESTAMP!
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
IIRC the NFL wanted to go cheap on expanded rosters because they didnt want to be paying these extra players insurance and stuff like that. Easier to play the practice squad carousel game Which is totally mindblowing when you think about the money that they make
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:32 AM) There are tickets for the Rams game available for 10.00. Ten bucks and still no one goes. I can't imagine L.A could do any worse. I think the Rams screwed up first by locking themselves into that terrible dome. There should be a sister stadium right near the new Busch stadium. St Louis fans would be there if it was a competitive team and worth going. Unfortunately they combined to have terrible teams and a terrible stadium all at once, and now they look to get out. If any team needs to leave their current place, it is Jacksonville first. There is no reason to have a team there. At all.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 9, 2014 -> 09:07 AM) I can't remember the last game the Rams sold out in St. Louis. It's the 2nd biggest market in the league, it should have an NFL team. LA has proved multiple times that they really dont care about the NFL.
-
I need help from an internet tech genius
You know, just through googling i see there is a site that looks like a middle eastern news site called marqaan.com. I wonder if your site is blacklisted because it was put in as a variation of the spelling. Still pretty weird that it works for Y2HH and not you, steve.
-
2014 Catch-all Anything thread
My wife and stepdaughter moved in with me and my roomate when I was in Carbondale, and we changed the rent situation so me and my wife were paying 2/3. I offered though, he didnt ask me.
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Punk isn't dumb. It is WWE or nothing for him from now on, he had a taste of it all. No need to settle for less if he comes back
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Two teams that won't have fans show up. Good move NFL
-
2014 Catch-all Anything thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 05:18 PM) Fun story of the day... So my roommate met this girl on tinder about 2.5 months ago, they were officially dating 2 days later. She's been living with us ever since and when I say that, she's literally been in our apartment every minute of every day as apparently she doesn't work and he works from home. Anywho, I get a text from him a couple of hrs ago saying "Miriam and I got married!!!" With a picture of them wearing their new wedding rings. WHAT. THE. f***. You gotta move
-
Ventura unlikely to be fired this off season
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 04:07 PM) Really, wait a second, didn't someone post in the NLDS thread that Mattingly was fired? D'Oh. And anyway, no 2014 is not the season Robin Ventura deserved to be fired for, 2013 was. Since that didn't happen when it should have, the next time he deserves to be fired is when the Sox spend money and the team fails. If they spend a boatload of money this offseason and they aren't a playoff team, then there better be a darn good excuse for why, because that would mean something went very wrong. lol yea I said he was fired, two seconds after Matt Adams hit his homerun
-
2014-2015 NBA thread
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 04:13 PM) For some reason I was thinking you were confused about the extension. I just said they could have watched him this season and see how he reacted. Him getting to the conference finals was the East sucking more than Indiana dominating.
-
2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 03:48 PM) Maybe a "back room" deal for Aroid dropping his lawsuit against the Yankees. More like "We dont want to create a precedent for teams that want to get out from under large contracts when a player tests positive"