Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
It will be interesting to see Peppers in a 3-4, he has been a 4-3 DE his entire career
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
@JosinaAnderson: Filed to ESPN: Agent Carl Carey adds Julius Peppers' 3-year deal to Green Bay is "for $30M max, $7.5M guaranteed & $8.5M in tot 1st yr sal."
-
Missing Malaysian Airliner thread
Now CNN saying that it is likely crashed into the Bay of Bengal or near it. So in an hour they will be back to having no idea
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 05:13 PM) Hometown discount or realized he is 33 years old and wasnt going to get the kind of money or contract offers he may have been hoping for? Probably a little bit of both. Peanut has been on the score a lot in the last couple months, and he keeps saying he wants 2 more years and then wants to retire. considering how this season unfolded with his injuries he is probably going year to year.
-
Missing Malaysian Airliner thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 02:50 PM) Here referring to "in this case", a perfectly valid use of the word "here". I see, i thought you meant "Why didnt the US know this happened", to which i would think "not their problem(at the moment)"
-
Missing Malaysian Airliner thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 02:19 PM) But take a look at how this plane behaved. The transponder went off and no alarm bells sounded here either. Maybe this would be different over the United States, but it's also possible that "sounding the alarm bells every time there's a problem with a transponder signal" is a huge expense that we don't deal with until there's more reason to respond. I dont see why alarm bells should have sounded in the US over a foreign airline disappearing off radar, outside of the united states.
-
Missing Malaysian Airliner thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 09:00 AM) Gru. I will steal.......THE MOON!!!!!!
-
Missing Malaysian Airliner thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 07:17 AM) Not necessarily. Could just be some deranged genius wanting to become infamous. It still baffles me that a country as developed as Malaysia is so bad at dealing with airline security. Dont you think by now we would have heard about this genius though? That is why they have pretty much ruled out terrorism, nobody is claiming anything, no demands. The amount of information that is coming out and being refuted back and forth is just mind boggling.
-
2014 ♪♫ Thread
QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 11:36 PM) It's already March and there's no music thread?? Am I missing something here? Thread have to be shut down? Anyway, I present to you the Martellus Bennett mix tape. https://soundcloud.com/martysaurusrex/1-yea...orange-dinosaur I'm not that big into rap, well at least what I hear on the radio, but I actually think this is really solid. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0 lack of use and it got buried
-
Missing Malaysian Airliner thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 14, 2014 -> 07:08 AM) If this plane is intact, hidden in some jungle somewhere, then this is the greatest heist in the history of the world. If this was a heist, then there was something valuable on that plane besides the people. No matter what, this is some crazy stuff. Poof, gone.
-
Your favorite charities/most sympathetic causes?
My cousin lives at Misercordia, so our family does a lot of work there, summerfest and the sort.
-
Lindstrom suffers set back
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 02:09 PM) Crain missed a lot of spring last year but then was outright dominant for 3 months. and after the three months, what happened then
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Man, Hixon makes a tall WR corps even taller. Long gone are the days of the midget corps, hopefully forever and ever
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 08:52 AM) The way Cutler's med history is going,that guaranteed money might end up flopping, I understand they're almost in like a transition/hybrid rebuild mode but they can't let this amazing WR core go to waste, it won't hurt to draft a 3rd/4rd QB,First 2 rounds are gonna be DL anyway, so that should immediately boost the D because Houston (hopefully allen and a healthy melton/ratfliff) plus someone like jernigan will already help out the secondary SUBSTANTIALLY. With that said, I don't think a QB in the later rounds too far out of the question. It very well may flop, but it is still spent. and when the defense had so many problems last year at every level, they really need to fix it. Drafting a QB late is really a luxury, and right now it is a luxury that isnt needed
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 06:37 AM) I'm really interested to see what Emery and Trestman have in mind when it comes to drafting a QB and how high in the draft they'll reach for one. For sure the first 2 rounds are 100% defense, but i'd want to find out who they have in mind for the later rounds because as already mentioned, Trestman is a guru and I really hope he finds someone in the later rounds that might eventually really work in his system like he envisions. Personally I think he's using Cutler as a stop gap and IMO he's not the answer to winning a Superbowl. I think Trestman will end up drafting a quarterback to his liking and mold him into a mobile,accurate,efficient,and definitely smart football IQ QB (ala RW3,CK7,AR12) I wouldnt hold my breath for a QB in this draft. Emery needs to think all defense all day, especially after just breaking the bank with Cutler and resigning Palmer. I think they will start thinking about grooming a QB when Cutlers guaranteed money goes away
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
@670TheScore: #Bears GM Phil Emery confirms interest in DE Jared Allen. Now the Bears wait for market to settle, writes @AdamHoge: http://t.co/sZjyirql3t
-
Lindstrom suffers set back
why does this feel like Crain part 2
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
He is resting the Mullet for a while
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:59 PM) @RapSheet: The #Bucs deal for Josh McCown: It’s two years for $10M. He gets $4.75M this year, $5.25M next year. The meatheads will be so mad that the bears didnt do this deal
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 01:03 PM) I'm guessing MD Jennings is far from the presumptive starter, just a cheap value with experience to add some competition One year deal, so definitely a depth add
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:43 PM) Here are some numbers for Bears new safety. Allowed 5 TD passes, 148.8 opposing passer rating. Defensed one pass. Zero INTs. I expected this exact post when I heard he was signed, lol
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 12:02 PM) Are any of the Bears' offensive starters not under contract for next year? Marshall Edit: if you are asking about after this upcoming season.
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
Seattle cut Red Bryant and Chris Clemons, bryant already jumped on with Jax
-
2014-2015 NFL Football thread
QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 12, 2014 -> 09:39 AM) I would say they will find a way to give graham some weirdly large contract that nobody thinks could work but works because the NFL salary cap is insane. I think the Saints tagging him as a TE and costing Graham 5 million dollars is going to make Graham look elsewhere for a big payday
-
2014 TV thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2014 -> 02:16 PM) Agreed. Dexter was great for about two seasons. After that, meh. The ending? Blah. 2 seasons? 1-4 were pretty awesome. 3(Smits) was a little slow, but at the time it was pretty good because Dexter was out of character teaching Smits to be like him. 1(icebox), 2(english chick) and 4(trinity) were pretty awesome