Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Sox Claim Maikel Cleto, P
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 03:44 PM) Is this directed towards me? i think he was under the impression that you started this thread http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...t=0&start=0 But, it was Lillian
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 02:56 PM) Though it would have cost them a LOT more than that in terms of salary cap space. Really? One dollar would have cost them considerably more SC space? Honest question
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 02:17 PM) McCown isn't leaving the Bears to be a backup somewhere else. He's only leaving for a starters job, and a starters job is going to pay more than the Bears' can afford to spend on a backup. The only issue is if the team that wants to try to lowball their offer to the point that it isn't significantly more than a backup's salary and then McCown may actually decide to stay put. Otherwise I think he has to take an offer to start somewhere. I guess there's a small chance that he's made enough money and invested it well to the point that an extra $1M doesn't mean much to him, but I think it would be awfully hard to tell your family you are turning down $1M. I agree with this, but there are definitely places in the NFL that could put him in as a stopgap starter immediately. I dont think he wants to leave chicago to backup Geno Smith, but he could probably step in and start in Houston, Cleveland, Jacksonville, and a few others and they can effectively redshirt their drafted QB if they want to. Or, they could sign him to be the starter and he could get beat out by the rookie a la Matt Flynn. Either way, the Bears only had to pay him exactly one more dollar to prevent any handwringing over it, and they didnt.
-
Sox Claim Maikel Cleto, P
QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 02:12 PM) But...but Hahn had a plan. Those two guys at the top of the order could terrorize...nevermind. DID YOU SEE WHAT THOSE GUYS DID IN THE MINORS TOGETHER?!!!?!?! WELL, DID YOU!?!!?!
-
2014 MLB catch-all thread
QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 11:13 AM) If his change up was where it used to be he certainly could. Aside from Rivera's cutter that has to be the best pitch we've seen in baseball in a long time. I actually disagree with this. A huge part of what made his changeup so devastating was the difference between it and his fastball. If he is throwing 79, I just dont think his change would have that much of a effect on the hitter. Moyer threw like 4 different changeups and could spot them whereever he wanted. I suppose if Johan has pinpoint control and can mix up as many pitches as Moyer, he could reinvent himself. I just dont know that he can do that after all of his arm and shoulder issues.
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
the issue with McCown is the bears cant even negotiate with him until every other team gets a chance to talk to him because of how his contract was drawn up. So his heart may be with the Bears, but another team could blow him away and the Bears wont even get a chance to pay him too much to be the backup. It is totally out of the Bears hands right now, McCown holds all of the chips
-
2014 NFL Draft Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 11:35 AM) So...if you're in Houston's shoes, you clearly need a QB but you don't think the QBs on the board are the best players and either Clowney or that OT from Auburn are. Are there any QB's obviously available via trade or FA that could allow them to not go into next season with Schaub as a starter? Vick is the only one that comes to my mind, any other obvious candidates? McCown, if they want to draft a qb late and groom him
-
Spring Training 2014
QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 26, 2014 -> 09:03 AM) He grew up in south Florida. Went to high school with Hosmer, I believe. Ah, I see "Cuban born" and assume he left the country like Viciedo/Alexei/Contreras/Abreu
-
Spring Training 2014
Nieto was interviewed on Comcast yesterday and I was surprised to find out that he has a strong grasp of the english language, to the point where he has a very slight accent. He is very appreciative of the opportunity the white sox have given him
-
Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 01:40 PM) Is Barry Hinson beloved at SIU? I met him. He seems to be a nice guy. Feisty. Once he gets his feet out of the mess that Lowery left behind, he will be fine. His recruiting already has taken a good turn, which is surprising considering the limitations he has had
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 01:52 PM) Hey let's make a Godzilla movie and then make the creature look nothing like Godzilla. I dont know if you have watched Godzilla: Final Wars, but original godzilla fights zilla, and squashes it in like 10 seconds. Its pretty funny, like the director said "Lets just bury this thing forever"
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 01:15 PM) That movie looks awesome. Not as good as the classic 1998 version, but pretty awesome. LOL. Japan doesnt even allow that creature to be called Godzilla. They refer to it merely as Zilla
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 12:56 PM) <!--quoteo(post=2935333:date=Feb 25, 2014 -> 12:42 PM:name=Balta1701)-->QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 12:42 PM) <!--quotec--> I am shocked at how f***ing awesome this looks. Im telling you, the director of it knows how to handle the subject matter. He is going to treat Godzilla like he is supposed to, a lot of things will be destroyed
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 08:04 AM) We can't dare boo Jesse Pinkman, can we? I'll be cheering for the guy but I'm worried for him. You walk into RAW promoting a movie that looks as bad as Need for Speed, and you deserve what you get
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 03:02 PM) 16 inch softball sucks. Not a fan either. 12" is much closer to baseball, which I love
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Taker Brock it is
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 02:03 PM) Jesus Christ that's heavy. yea, 16 inch is a different game altogether. Light bats = lazy flies unless you are built like a mack truck
-
2014 TV thread
It was a table setter episode, but still a lot going on. So far Maggie, Rust, and Marty have all lied to the investigators about a lot of significant happenings over the past 10 years.
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 10:33 PM) I don't think I've ever swung a Miken before. With the new ASA regulations, the new Combat bats are hot as hell, especially last year's Derby Boys. I just swung a Demarini J3 today, almost fresh out the wrapper and it felt amazing. I'm seriously thinking about dropping $250 on it right now. There are a few Jeff Halls in our teams bat collection, those are also pretty fun to swing. Our teams best hitter plays with the local combat tourney team, so he has a few combats in his bag too. Personally for some reason I really like the two piece bats. Maybe it is how they are weighted, but they feel great when you hit the sweet spot. But they seem to fizzle out quicker than the one piece bats, and the sweet spot is smaller
-
Steve Stone to be on the Score
QUOTE (Jake @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 09:21 AM) Isn't that how Hawk reacts to everything nowadays? Hell, one of his eyes is on perma-glaze now GET OUT THE PATCH!
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
I dont think it is possible that the WWE could have miscalculated Batista's crowd reaction worse than they have. From what I read about the match, the crowd was "Goldberg-Lesnar mania" hating on it.
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 10:12 PM) What bats do you guys swing? I'm a big fan of the Freak+
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 08:06 PM) Just wondering where it's going. Yea, the gimmick needs to start showing something. The pop up soapbox is getting annoying without anything else
-
2014 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 05:20 PM) Anybody else ever watch "The King of Kong"? One of the better documentaries I've seen. Fitting for today's video game culture. Yea it is good, the rivalry between those guys is amusing
-
Steve Stone to be on the Score
QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Feb 23, 2014 -> 10:24 AM) You know hawk was right in that whole snafu. Poor guy was set up to look dumb. All he's ever advocated is that stats don't paint the whole picture. He set himself up with TWTW. That was all him, reinforced by him