Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
2013-14 off season player movement thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 08:43 AM) The Yankees pretty clearly weren't going beyond $175 million and Seattle upped their $200 million offer anyway. Thats my point, Choo cannot go to the Yankees and say "Well, someone out there is going to offer me more than you" because more than likely, that isnt true. Cano could go to the Mariners and say "weeeeell the yankees are going to offer me 25 million more" and it would be believable. If I were the Yankees I would go hardline on Boras/Choo. 7/140, take it or leave it.
-
Sox agree to 1 yr deal with Scott Downs
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 08:58 AM) Not sure that he does. Only connection I see is that they're both from Kentucky. Everybody knows everybody in Kentucky. It is true
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
Ginger Zee is f***ing hot. The end
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 19, 2013 -> 02:35 AM) <!--quoteo(post=2907445:date=Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:14 AM:name=KyYlE23)-->QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:14 AM) <!--quotec-->Got the Disney Infinity starter pack for my kids. Don't know if I am prepared for the financial drain those toys will provide You can play in Toy Columbia from BioShock Infinite. I just don't know that my 3 year old will have the same appreciation lol
-
Sports Media Discussion
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 10:26 PM) Where is that suicide emoticon when you need it? I don't even know what channel Fox Sports is in Chicago so I am not even gonna worry about it
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Bargnani is a hilarious player
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:53 PM) The league needs to investigate the Seahawks. Browners suspension is supposedly from weed, but he is the teams 7th player suspended for drugs since 2011, not counting Sherman's overturned suspension. Somewhere Pete Carroll is chomping gum, giving no f***s
-
Sports Media Discussion
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:45 PM) It's so ridiculous how these radio stations just keeping recycling the same old talent. Danny Mac, Eddie & Jobo, why do these people keep getting new jobs? Mike North is doing a morning show for Fox now http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/...lineup-released
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
Ian Rapoport ✔ @RapSheet Follow #Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has been suspended indefinitely for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, per source.
-
2013-14 off season player movement thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 07:40 PM) Wait, you're right, Canos deal wasn't boras. Doh. Anyway, that's how Canos deal went down. I just don't know how that would go down with the Yankees though. With Cano, he could use the Yankees as leverage. Choo doesn't get that luxury here
-
2013-14 off season player movement thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 04:43 PM) Let's not forget that in the last Boras mega-deal, they turned down the offer, the team pulled its offer, and then the team came back with $25 million more to get the deal done. Arod?
-
Bruce Levine
QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 05:03 PM) in other words he doesn't think Tanaka will be a frontline starter. That is his argument, sure. That's not the words you put in his mouth
-
Bruce Levine
QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 04:51 PM) What was it? well, it had to do with declining velocity, strikeouts and league strength, as well as scouts perceptions but why bother explaining, you wont read it anyways
-
Bruce Levine
QUOTE (Marty34 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 04:45 PM) You're argument must be that Tanaka isn't a top-of-the-rotation starter because the idea that the Sox couldn't absorb a 7yr/$150M deal given their their payroll obligations going forward just isn't a good one. That wasnt his argument at all
-
Sports Media Discussion
QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 04:31 PM) That's always the feeling I get. He's a Chicago guy through and through. Just biding his time. I think CBS moved him to Atlanta to get his feet wet, and when Boers retires, Goff slides in. Goff and Bernstein are actually really good together, Goff is not afraid to call out Bernstein
-
2013 Video Game Thread
Hyrule Warriors could be very interesting. Dynasty Warriors meets Zelda, i hope they knock it out of the park. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze looks pretty fun too
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 03:04 PM) I think you missed his lol emoticon Nah, I saw it. Im just expanding my previous thought a little bit.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 02:53 PM) Hide my posts. It's not that difficult to do. Why would I do that? I am just giving you s*** about your hot dog stand, i wouldnt hesitate to try anything you eat. Im one of the few in this discussion that enjoys people on FB. Some of my friends and family are absolutely hilarious, some people post thoughts on music and videos that make me curious, i like watching news unfold on it. The only thing i truly do not enjoy on FB is political discussion.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 02:50 PM) It's not all that much different than posting things in this forum to a bunch of strangers. Why should we care about the concert you went to or your thoughts on George Zimmerman? I like your pictures of your Mountain hikes, FWIW. Your vegetarian hot dog stands, not so much
-
2013-14 off season player movement thread
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 12:59 PM) So he thinks he can get more money? EDIT: Choo is not in Ellsbury's league. That seemed like a good contract for him. Boras always thinks he can get more money, and he will always have stats that show players worth to the bidding teams. Im sure he has his own "proper" figure in mind. Im sure Choo is sweating a little bit, because I agree with you, that seems like a really nice contract for him. He is somewhat challenged vs lefties, no?
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 02:07 PM) Bear fans are following Aaron Rodgers closer than I am. LOL, wouldnt you if the situation was reversed?
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 01:57 PM) Following his scan today, Aaron Rodgers was not cleared to play. It is unknown whether he'll have another test later in the week, but the Packers will likely decide on their starter on Friday. Very interesting. Gotta wonder if it healing slower than anticipated, or if they see something they dont like, or if he is still experiencing pain.
-
2013-14 off season player movement thread
QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 12:36 PM) What is Choo doing? Boras
-
Sports Media Discussion
Seriously, Mac can go wherever he wants and I dont care. The guy has taken off the better part of the past year for depression, addiction, and various vacations that always seem to be the same endgame: fishing in Canada. He wants a part time gig and a full time paycheck. I feel bad for Spiegel because Mac has more or less hung him out to dry
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:12 AM) Is that kind of like the Disney version of Skylanders? It is exactly that. QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 11:10 AM) We looked into it but the cost is what really turned me off about it. The kids were kinda/sorta interested in it but not really enough to justify it. We bought them a bunch of UB Funkeys when they were popular and they lost interest in those after a while as well. At least they were only 7 bucks for each new character. Plus we’d end up having to buy another PS3 so that I could still play my games. I found the starter kit at the store for 75 bucks, but I got it on Amazon for 60. Considering games cost anywhere from 50-60 bucks, i thought it was worth it with the little pod and three figures. Those figures are like 7.50 each. sigh