Everything posted by kev211
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:07 AM) And to also make the relationship seem much, much more serious than it ever was. You're not manti. You have no idea how serious he thought it was.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:02 AM) Schaap was about the last credible guy espn had left. Hell, it is why he was assigned to the story. But yeah, he's lost all of his integrity tonight. Yeah ESPN has lost their credibility because they're telling Manti's side of the story. Theyve not really offered an opinion on it yet. You guys all sound ridiculous right now. Sorry schaap isn't saying this loser manti is lying so there no reason to report what he said.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
If you guys can give me one logical motive as to why Teo would be in on this hoax ill listen. And don't say media attention and heisman votes, he was not a heisman canadite when this fake GF died. Not even close. And like I said he lied to the media avoid looking like a loser with an online girlfriend. If there was a coverup some anonymous source absolutely would have come out by now
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
You guys are ridiculous. I cannot comment in this thread anymore. There's no evidence what so ever Teo was involved. None after 48 hours. And there's tons of people and stories coming up saying he was duped.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:06 PM) Whoa, calm down there killer. I think most people agree he got scammed to some extent. However, there are reports (the one from his teammates comes to mind) that he needlessly exaggerated it because he loved the attention. And what is he suppose to do? Not make up more BS as he goes along. Not keep mentioning his "dead gf" after he found out he was scammed. Multiple people have also linked to comments he made HIMSELF about his gf's death motivating him, and this is after he found out he was scammed. Shut up, don't make it worse. I am a ND "hater", but this isn't about ND. This is a kid who did this to himself. You find out you get scammed, you try to let the story die down, you don't add flame to the fire. You don't keep bringing her up. Do you have specific numbers on how many times Manti went to the media with this? And how many times the media went to Manti? Maybe this girl truly was the love of his life, maybe he truly was devastated by this but didn't want people to find out it was online. This death that was real to manti at that time could still motivate him and he'd still have the right to say that. I'm pretty sure she was mentioned 4 times after December 6. Forgive manti for not wanting to create a media circus before the two biggest events of his life (heisman ceremony and NCG)
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:56 PM) Oh, so now we are the idiots...gotcha. Yes because of your anti Notre Dame stances. There's not a single piece of evidence that points to Teo being a part of this. There's also not a single piece of evidence that this is a giant Notre Dame coverup. Look at the facts and just accept that Teo was incredibly naive and stupid. But keep thinking this is a giant ND coverup if it makes you sleep better at night.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:00 PM) Well at least we can all agree on one thing: If you have an online girlfriend for years that you've never met, you are a f***ing loser. Which explains why Teo lied, but you idiots keep thinking that Teo is a scumbag for lying and milking it for sympathy. As far as Teo knows he dated a girl for a year she died and the media picked up on it. Of course he's not going to say he only knew her online because he knew everyone would think he was a loser. This explains the contradictions in all his stories. P Then he finds out that he was duped before the NCG, what's he supposed to do tell the media that no that never happened I was tricked and create this huge media fire storm before the national championship game? No you f***ing play along and hope it goes away after the game. It's pretty clear now that Teo was duped and its clear why he lied to the media(so as to not look like a loser at first, and then after finding out to avoid a media firestorm that would distract the team from the national championship) Take off the anti Notre dame glasses and see this is the only way the story makes sense. Every other explanation has at least 1 part that doesn't make sense except this one. I was with you guys the other night I thought manti was scum and a liar, but it's clear now he got conned and I feel bad for him for that and how the public views him now.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 06:50 PM) The SI writer expressly asked Teo how he met her. And he went out of his way to avoid that as saying it was online would have been embarrassing the SI writer even said he didn't ask him more about it because he figured it was online. What I meant in my original post was that he avoided it at first like in the SI interview but then probably eventually realized he'd need to make stuff up to not look like he only knew the girl online and had never met her.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 17, 2013 -> 06:17 PM) Yes, but it was clearly a false implication. An indirect lie, but a lie nevertheless. That's all that matters. I know its your thing to be contrarian, but whether he's a "victim" or not, he's still clearly a liar, which is the only thing those of us you seem to be challenging are really saying. Or was he afraid of the backlash that would come if he told the media that oh I never met her we just talked on the phone and online? And then the media kept going with it and at that point he was in too deep to say, wait this went too far I never met her. I think the media went to manti at first and in the interview with the SI writer manti never once said he met her, because he wasn't asked. Once it comes about then you have to say you've met her and make up a story how so as not to look like a loser who only knew his GF online.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
I think it's pretty clear at this point that either Teo is gay and things spiraled out of control. Or he was actually conned and fell for this s***, but if this is true he still embellished the s*** out of this story. The option of him making this up for his own gain doesn't really work anymore, with no motive it'd be pointless and as others have stated Teo doesn't seem smart enough or like the type of guy to attempt that.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:46 PM) I believe it was stated on the Boers & Bernstein show. Not sure what their source was. I can't blame ESPN for sitting on something like this unless they were absolutely sure
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:41 PM) Also, ESPN should be ashamed of themselves. They had this for 10 days and did nothing, they just wanted to protect a narrative. Where did you see this?
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2013/0...-it-up/#respond Well it's pretty clear the Manti lied and milked this for all it's worth with the media there seems to still be a real possibility that he was duped. Either way though he lied at some point
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
People seem to forget that Teo was the furthest thing from a heisman canadite when this happened so I don't think the motive could have been to help him win that award
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
This story just keeps getting more f***ed up.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
Only way for Teo to save face is for him to be gay and just come out and say he was scared and didn't know what to do when it blew up but go along with it for fear of being shunned for being gay.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
As a Notre Dame fan it's sad to watch them crash and burn with him.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
Why would ND even get in on this? There's literally no reason for them too. Nothing good can come from it.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
The simplest answer is usually correct. And the simplest answer is that he's gay and this was a cover up that spiraled out of control.
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 15, 2013 -> 09:06 AM) Where did you go to get yours? And what kind of deal did you get? I'm still debating whether to pick up a new one or just wait. The cheapest I can find is 269.99 with uncharted 3...a game i already have. Picked up Far Cry 3 for the PC this weekend. I've played about an hour the last two nights and so far so good. It's basically Assassins Creed meets Just Cause 2. I got it from best buy for the price you listed with uncharted 3. Haven't played it yet so I was ok with that bundle.
-
2013 Video Game Thread
So I went out and bought a super slim ps3 to replace my dead ps3 and I like the look and size of it a lot but I hate how cheap the disc loader feels. Also I must say the my team mode in nba 2k13 might be the coolest game mode in a sports video game ever. Edit: f***ing autocorrect
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
Hickory you're nuts for not wanting Kelly to continue coaching the Irish. Not only is he a good coach, but him leaving now would destroy everything ND had built the last few years. Who else would replace him? And please dont say Meyer or Stoops because it isn't happening
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:13 PM) Wait a second...nope, Notre Dame still f***ing blows donkey balls. Norte dame didn't lose to Oregon tonight so your point is worthless
-
2013 Video Game Thread
I had to do surgery on my ps3 to get my disc out. Kinda fun taking that thing apart. Now I just need to buy a new one
-
2013 Video Game Thread
Sad day my launch PS3 finally died today. It had one hell of a run though. Now I just have to figure out how to get my nba2k13 game out of the system.