Everything posted by kev211
-
The Debates!
QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 09:31 PM) He called him Joe, thats pretty disrespectful. I believe he is Senator Biden. I think that's fine. Biden referred to Ryan as his friend the entire time. Friends can call each other by their first names. Also it would be Vice President Biden and not senator
-
The Debates!
The hypocrisy from Ryan when he says Obama is painting them as someone to run from is ridiculous. It's like he has not even paid attention to the campaign.
-
The Debates!
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 09:21 PM) very Biden-like. anger, but a lack of intelligence. That's all I needed to reinforce my point. Your lack of respect the last few months for anyone who has a differing viewpoint from yours has been disgusting.
-
The Debates!
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 09:17 PM) he's not beating Biden that bad, not like the Romney Obama debate. sure, Biden has looked like an idiot but that was the expectation. You are just trolling here. I've never seen you add anything to a debate on this forum other then ridiculing Obama and/or the person who posted it. You are the worst poster in the fillibuster.
-
The Debates!
O yay another personal anecdote from Ryan. STFU and answer the goddamn question.
-
The Debates!
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 09:12 PM) Ryan is winning, but I want a debate with the candidates making points, not some unusual old woman arguing with Paul Ryan. You're clueless and beyond Bias if you actually believe this. He is getting beat so bad right now, that I actually feel sorry for him.
-
The Debates!
Shocking. You guys could just admit your boy is getting his ass to handed him tonight, like we did when Obama did the last debate. The moderator is asking him to be specific, she'd ask Biden that too but he already is.
-
2012 ALDS Athletics vs Tigers
QUOTE (OsweGo-Go Sox @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 03:50 PM) We all know that the 2-3 ALDS format, while terrible, is only for this year, right? Tried to force the new playoff system into the existing schedule; so had to minimize travel days. All they had to do was push the entire playoffs back one day to allow for the travel day. Or get rid of one of the like 4 days off that happens in the LCS or World Series.
-
2012 ALDS Athletics vs Tigers
It's an absolute travesty that MLB couldn't find one f***ing day in their 7 month schedule, 8.5 if you count spring training to allow these series to be 2-2-1. What an absolute joke. A's are only the first to be f***ed by this.
-
2012 ALDS Athletics vs Tigers
QUOTE (kev211 @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 01:29 PM) Looks like the A's are going to be the first higher seed to get absolutely f***ed by the stupidity of the first round setup. Ignore this for the time being.
-
2012 ALDS Athletics vs Tigers
Looks like the A's are going to be the first higher seed to get absolutely f***ed by the stupidity of the first round setup.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 6, 2012 -> 10:14 PM) Notre Dame absolutely took it to Miami. 5-0 baby! I was there and it was glorious.
-
9/26/12 GT Indians @ Sox 7:10pm WCIU
The lack of urgency and heart this team has showed the last 3 weeks or so is sickening. Its hard to watch a bunch of guys with no heart playing scared. f***
-
Obamanation Re-election MegaThread
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 06:37 PM) i'm fine with California paying less federal taxes. i'm fine with everyone paying less federal taxes. 2+2=5
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
Why is Tuesday's game randomly a day game?
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Miracle for Detroit. Trying to win me back the money I had already accepted I had lost.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:39 PM) I'm not high on the ND coach since that poor kid died in the tragic accident with the tower.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:55 PM) ND is boring. Good defense but we'll see how good it is actually is when they face a legit QB threat. I'd say Denard Robinson is a legit QB. You must mean a legit throwing QB. And the "irrelevant irish" have now likely moved into the top 10. f*** you Rick Reily.
-
Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread
Some really good games going on right now.
-
CTU is Going on Strike
QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 04:50 PM) they have raised taxes so high that most people do not buy that particular product in the city anymore. typical dumbass politician move. just wait for the solution to make up for the lack of tax revenue; raise taxes on cigarettes again. I honestly think it mostly has to do with a whole lot less people smoke nowadays then 6 years ago. Literally no one from the younger generations smoke anymore.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 07:37 AM) Google's maps is still superior, but not by as much as I expected it would be at first. For a launch version of this magnitude, they've don'e a really good job, you can tell Apple cares about this. This is a good thing for all, as it will give Google some actual competition in this area. Tested side by side in the real-world uses that I've used Google Maps for, Apple Maps returns mostly the same data, but Google's database is still more robust, however, for my specific uses, both do the job just fine. Most of the same functionality exists, including 2d/3d mode, real time traffic, turn by turn directions, searches based on names (self correcting if you type the names in wrong), driving/walking directions to/from, contact information, areas of accidents/road construction, etc. Apple also included the Yelp database, so you get instant reviews to any of your searches, an added feature I find quite nice, but nothing Google really "needs". What's different: Street View - Apple has an alternative called 3D maps, which is very cool visually, and does the job for the limited purposes of what this is, but it's much the same as Street View IMO, it's cool to show it to people...but not very useful in a real world setting, especially considering the data is often well over a year old. I'd still give the edge to Street View for it's limited function, but visually, in bigger cities where it exists, 3D maps is amazing eye candy. Public Transportation Directions: Apple is not building this into their maps application, which will open up opportunity for 3rd parties, however, this is mostly "business political" as even Google has been running into problems with this function as of late. In many areas, private transportation companies own this data and give it to the GTFS database for free, but have been becoming unwilling to share it now that they realize they can build their own applications. Google has lost data for this in a few areas around the world because these companies decided they'd rather make their own apps to do this, which is unfortunate for everyone. Still, the data they do have gives Google an edge in this area in the short term. 3rd party apps can hook into Apple Maps through an API and add this functionality. That said, at the moment for people that rely on this function of Google Maps will find Apple's maps of no help at the moment, however, this will be temporary as huge projects have been launched to accomodate and you can always use Safari to go to maps.google.com for this information in the short term. Bottom Line: Aside from the Public Transportation information, Apple's Maps is up to the everyday tasks I've used Google Maps for in the past. I've had Apple Maps for the past 5 months, and haven't missed Google's. You can also still browse to maps.google.com if you need too...but I haven't had the need. I've also tried Bing Maps (available through the app store), but it's downright terrible in comparison to either, however, given Microsoft's foray into the mobile phone business, I'm betting that Bing Maps will suddenly make some huge leaps. In a few years, I'd bet there is little difference between what Apple, Microsoft and Google offer in terms of maps. Disclaimer: I've never used Google Maps for public transportation information, so this is a feature I do not miss/care about...mostly because I do not use public transportation. Thank you for this very detailed post. I'm excited to try it tomorrow.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Y2HH @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 06:55 PM) This Wednesday. you have it now right? I want an honest assessment of their maps app compared to the current google one.
-
Technology catch-all thread
When does iOS 6 release?
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 01:39 PM) :lolhitting :lolhitting It's just too easy. I wonder how many people realized it was a 4s.. funny they don't show that. You seriously posted a video from a late night show to prove your anti apple agenda lol
-
Technology catch-all thread
My upgrade is December 6. I will be buying the iphone 5 that day. Note: I posted this to upset Joe.