Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. It isn't really flexibility if you won't use it
  2. If we are out there lowballing players again, it isn't hard to put 2 and 2 together.
  3. It aligns with what this team does too.
  4. And top prospects to go for a pitcher who won't live up to the players we deal away.
  5. I mean every scout knew, which is why he was projected as a concensus 1st round pick.
  6. Thats the vibe I get.
  7. Someone will give Rodon a major league deal.
  8. He's not my first choice for sure. But that boat has probably sailed.
  9. With the tone from Rodon's wife, I would be kind of surprised if we re-engage him, I wouldn't mind a cheap deal for Mazara.
  10. If they were to spend big on a starting pitcher, I would be 100% in favor of running Engel/Leury out in RF on a daily basis.
  11. If the team isn't targeting top level guys, they are pretty clearly telling on themselves and how they plan on spending this winter.
  12. If the Sox aren't willing to spent on front line free agents, they are acknowledging that the window is still down the road.
  13. That makes a lot more sense. If the Phillies lost 2 billion dollars last year, they would literally be bankrupt.
  14. In terms of resource allocation I would MUCH rather see RP, SP, and real RFs spent on, versus a guy like Schwarber. If we really are going to be cheap, a move like this one wouldn't move the bar nearly as far as some others.
  15. I've said it over and over again, but with Eloy out there already, the last thing I want in RF is another garbage fielder. I would rather run Adam Engel and Leury Garcia out there daily, knowing full well that Adam Engel will probably regress to his .550 OPS days, but knowing that they won't trash the pitching staff with their defense than run another Eloy clone out there in RF.
  16. I think you are mis-remembering. The team is probably worth about $2 billion on paper. They probably lost $100-150 million last year.
  17. Last year he would have. But if Vaughn is your DH and Eloy is your LF, you literally have no where to put Schwarber.
  18. The Phillies did not lose 2 billion dollars last year.
  19. They can say it all they want, but unless they are willing to engage top free agents, they aren't actually showing us that they even believe it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.