Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Offseason Targets
Pass. Or just drop the P from Pass.
-
Pro Tony La Russa Hiring Poster Here
Only if he backs it up with cash to push the roster over the top.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Who has been back here plenty of times..
-
Pro Tony La Russa Hiring Poster Here
Especially non-white players.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
I resent that. I am very representative of weirdo Sox fans.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Need to see one in the wild before I believe they are real.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Honestly it is waste of time. It can be 1 billion, 2 billion, or 3 billion, the net result is the same. MLB teams are going to be looking at major cuts. You can keep whining about the number, but the end result is how teams react to that loss.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
https://www.bleachernation.com/cubs/2020/10/28/did-lance-briggs-just-tease-tony-la-russa-landing-the-white-sox-managerial-job/?fbclid=IwAR3Ts9TKrbPuj08mewSbzW2-sskoTrqE7ynVzIkajL8NkRKUIegM4thhL6I
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Do you honestly believe they are going to be firing chunks of front offices, screaming about losses, and then spending record numbers on contracts? I know you think the numbers are wrong, but do you think they are wrong AND they will act like they are wrong? I don't, which is all that really matters. Teams are going to be looking to cut payroll. It isn't a conspiracy there. If they really want to make headway with the PA, they have to act like they are broke too, which furthers my point.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
The one thing that has changed big time in the last 7 months is the value of cash. While I think the DeGrom stuff is no go with the new ownership. SPs with big contracts are probably a lot cheaper in terms of prospects than they were a year ago. MLB just took $3 billion in losses, with a high probability of more losses on the horizon.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Bat flips, excessive celebrations, kneeling for the anthem, BLM patches on uniforms... etc.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
I am.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Bingo.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
They would either love each other or f@cking hate each other. No in between.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Great so now we are cutting payroll too.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
I'd rather have Ricky. At least we know he can relate to minority players.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
He seems to have his eyes set on being the President of an organization versus a GM.
-
2020 Election Thoughts
The dirty tricks campaign that worked in 2016 is utterly failing in 2020. Even if it were actually true, because it is a Trump product, 2/3 of the country won't believe it.
-
2020 Election Thoughts
For what? More business loans?
-
2020 Election Thoughts
I think there are a fair amount of scared Republicans who also want Trump to lose. They can't say it out loud for fear of having the Trump Cult aimed at them, but they are there.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
I will put it this way, I would rather it be Ozzie than Tony.
-
Today is the 15th anniversary of the White Sox championship
But I do...
-
Offseason Targets
Like it ever goes out of season. Rookie.
-
Trevor Bauer Thread (Mazara Free Zone)
Have we signed Bauer yet?
-
FS: White Sox interested in 16-year-old Cuban OF Luis Pino
Plus they are also older and have way more experience at higher levels of baseball, and more success at those higher levels.