Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The good news is that he didn't get put on the 45 day DL right away, hopefully that means this isn't serious.
  2. https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/roster/40-man
  3. My guess is that he does in 4 days, but this allows them to get an extra reliever for those days in between.
  4. The big issue is that everyone is carrying extra players on their 40 man roster because of COVID, so there are a LOT of extra roster moves to still to come around MLB. The only team I can think of is maybe the Cardinals, but they would need to think of Basabe as someone they could put on the roster today, like the Marlins had to do to scramble to fill slots. But when all those things clear, they still have to get back down to 40 guys. Its a mess.
  5. I don't think trades are going to be a very easy thing to get done this season.
  6. Miami is currently carrying 58 guys on their 40 man roster because of COVID. They have big problems.
  7. For the record, I would bet that Lail is a temporary call up until the Rodon slot comes around again at which time the team will add another starter, and move someone (probably Lial) out.
  8. Correct, and with Rodon only going to the 10 day list, and not the 45, there is no 40 man spot freed up.
  9. Shocked about Basabe. I wonder if there is more to that story, or they have finally soured on him.
  10. So far I know we have Rodon/Lopez/Lambert from the Sox I saw Roberto Osuna was recommended for TJS, but it getting a second opinion. Other notables I can think of include Mike Soroka, Ohtani, Verlander, and Kluber, and I know I am missing some others. This year might well be decided by guys who are somewhere between 35-40 on the depth charts.
  11. It isn't as much Bo Jackson the finished player that I am thinking of, but Bo Jackson the tool box. Bo had insane speed. The legends of his home to first and his 40 yard times are crazy. 4.13 40 yard, and home to first rumored in something like 3.8. Bo hit the ball further than just about anyone in his time, in a era when just about everyone else was juicing, and still not hitting them nearly as far. His raw power was off the charts. The ASG homer is historic. Bo Jackson's arm was crazy. The clip of his gunning someone down at home from the DEEP OF, is still floating around out there. Mix all of those together, and the similarities from there also include that Luis never got get quality baseball training until the last few years, so he came in RAW, with flashes of those tools just leaving jaws dropped. For me THAT is where the Bo Jackson comp comes from.
  12. Was it in Alvin?
  13. My mom actually took care of his mom when we lived down there at the Pasadena hospital back in like 81 or 82. She came home and asked me if I knew who Nolan Ryan was, and I about had a meltdown when she told me she didn't get an autograph, lol. He lived like two towns over from where i lived when I was down there. Never heard a bad thing about the guy.
  14. Nolan is my all time favorite baseball player, and Robin is my all time favorite White Sox player. Honestly it wouldn't shock me if Nolan could still hit 90.
  15. Nolan Ryan is also a cattle rancher and one of the toughest guys out there, Robin never had a chance.
  16. The walk off grand slam against Goose Gossage is the one I will never forget.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.