Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Best con-artist in my lifetime without a doubt.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
There is some anecdotal stuff, but there hasn't been any time for a study of anything yet, let alone a long term study. Remember the first known cases of this are about 6 months old. It will be years before we REALLY know what hit us.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Some day's I wonder if English is his first language.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
And I am sure Washington/NY/Cali would also come in on the higher side, but I think that nation wide, we are probably 3-5% tops.
-
Oscar Colas
Colas and Cespedes are both getting some very high level attention. https://calltothepen.com/2020/02/26/international-prospects-top-5-cuban-players-july-2/3/
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Even some of the deeper dives into broad surveys have ended up with pretty low numbers IU just did a very random survey and came up with a 2.8% infection rate in Indiana total. We need to get to about 70% to have a decent herd immunity. https://news.iu.edu/stories/2020/05/iupui/releases/13-preliminary-findings-impact-covid-19-indiana-coronavirus.html
-
2020 MLB Draft Thread
I hope there is a run on the college players and we get a chance at the top hs talent.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Thanks Trump.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
And to top it off, the federal government and many state governments have been so untrustworthy as to safety, even if this actually disappeared tomorrow, I wouldn't trust them to be telling the truth and still wouldn't change my behaviors back to the old days.
-
July 2nd Latest from Futuresox & our James
https://www.sbnation.com/2020/1/5/21049586/oscar-colas-mlb-prospect-news
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
And eventually they will just stop counting. This is all a part of the master plan.
-
2019-2020 Official NBA Thread
Its hard to argue that this department is doing their job well in recent years.
-
2019-2020 Official NBA Thread
Remember the episode of the Simpsons where Homer bowls a 300? That would be me, but 100 times worse.
-
2019-2020 Official NBA Thread
I'd walk off of the floor at that point. It would never get better than that, so why try.
-
2019-2020 Official NBA Thread
For sure. I don't know that I can think of another player that literally changed a franchise like that since probably Babe Ruth.
-
2019-2020 Official NBA Thread
I saw the Bulls Pre-Jordan when I was young. I remember watching Artis Glimore specifically. I never got to see Jordan in person.
-
2020 MLB Draft Thread
Players will commonly give outrageous bonus demands to artificially push themselves down to teams that they already have deals with. It is a way of saying you have a deal, when you technically can't have a deal.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
While they might be some of our enemy, they aren't exactly the enemy of the Head Appeaser. https://www.opensecrets.org/news/2019/06/trump-foreign-business-interests/#China
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
He either has Covid, or is lying about taking the drug. Either is plausible.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
This reads like a Trump tweet storm in its efforts to deflect blame. Only needs to work in Obama or Biden to make it an A+.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Except that isn't really true. plenty of countries took early action and minimized deaths.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
That's exactly what you just did with the earlier numbers to conclude this wasn't a big deal. Now we are on to China again? Did a billion people in China get infected? Because that's what it would take to get those numbers. Any proof or just more slight of hand?
-
2020 MLB Draft Thread
I think something like this format is very plausible. it think in retrospect, this will be the year that HS cut the worst deals ever for themselves due to complete lack of bargaining power.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Its either that or he lied to all of us, which is also very plausible.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
India shutdown as they were getting their first cases, not 8 weeks later.