Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 08:47 PM) "The Republican party has become masters of cut and run –- cutting from the issues so that they can run for re-election in november. --Rep. Carolyn Maloney D-NY: Sure because the party in charge has never looked at poll numbers and dumped an issue right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_health_care_plan
  2. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:48 PM) Don't patronize me, Mike. Sadly, my hiatus proved my recent-Soxtalk sentiments correct. You will no longer have to concern yourself with my wild disregard for board rules or disrespectful posting habits--the first such alligation I have ever come across. I'll make you a deal. I won't patronize you, if you don't use this place as your own personal litter box to show up at when you need to take a dump when you have a bad day.
  3. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:19 PM) Being critical of calls from the dugout or play on the field--especially play against a far inferior opponent--and needing to back off the ledge are near polar opposites. Use some baseball acumen here, folks. It's a shame because guys like Anthrax--who between incoherent ramblings had some very appropriate critcisms of a ballclub that went tailspinning before marching on to a title--get run out of here. Intelligent baseball discourse has reached record lows on our belov'ed site. Just because everyone isn't running to embrace you upon your triumphant return, doesn't mean the conversation is lacking. Its too bad to see your time hiding away from here didn't help you to learn to take the good with the bad over a 162 game season, or that showing up to throw a temper tantrum isn't going to make you many fans of what you have to say. Yeah the team didn't play well over this series, we all watched the same games that you did. But I am not sure what how you expect people to react when we are in a stretch when we have won 16 of 20 games, including 8-2 in the last 10, yet only show up after a loss? Did you expect people to shower you with roses? Maybe even if you were hear respectfully discussing things that were wrong during the winning streak, you would have been met with a little more respect, but seeing as you really didn't show anyone who disagreed with you any respect, I don't get why you are so upset at people's reaction to your posts. And finally its a 162 game season. Over the course of that season I'll bet there are 10 games this team loses, that they should not have lost. Guess what, it happens. I don't get the point about getting all mad about it. Yeah it sucks, but learn something from what Ozzie said a couple of years ago when he said, go out, get drunk, and come back tomorrow. If, there is no sense in brooding over a loss for the players, why should a bunch of nothing message board posters have a worse reaction?
  4. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:04 PM) You as well? The beat goes on. This is disappointing. I wouldn't have expected this sort of talk from you Steve, or Rock, or SS and even Tony. JimH, TQ, check your PMs. Please. People don't show up for weeks, then we lose a game and an extra 50 people show up to throw a temper tantrum who we haven't seen forever. I really wouldn't have expected that from you either. You are right, this is very disappointing.
  5. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:02 PM) No, no, not from you too. I can't believe some of the rhetoric I'm hearing from posters that really ought to know better. Disappointing. Guilty concious ey? I was just thinking the samething... I guess its all perspective.
  6. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 03:00 PM) Boy, the Sox have been on such a hot streak, I starting forgetting how fast the wheels fall off around here... Good to see everyone back. So true. Interesting to see some of the names at the bottom of the page that have just shown back up...
  7. Did we get back underway again?
  8. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:15 PM) Mike, if loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I just can't quit you...
  9. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 11:52 AM) I'm sure you all are drop dead gorgeous / handsome, huh? I know she's brought most of it upon herself, but lay off the girl. I speak from experience when I say Mreye is indeed a hot redhead who would catch Sir MixALots eye.
  10. I did forget to list the Gary Railcats.
  11. I love stories like this
  12. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 08:24 AM) Same here. Not the Larussa teams though. Guess I'm dating myself. Me too.
  13. happy Birthday
  14. Awesome story. Glad to hear your day is OK.
  15. In their last 20 games the Sox and Twins are 17-3, while Detroit is 16-4. We talked before about who would be getting more stressed about the other team being hot between the Sox and Tigers, but how must it feel to be the Minnesota Twins today. They have gone 17-3 in their last 20 games and gained exactly zero games in their push for the playoffs.
  16. I don't know if it meant anything or not, but Mitsubishi's last two outings were very impressive. I was scared when he came out for the 7th last night, but he looked damned good. Hopefully that means we found yet another diamond in the rough, but I am glad to see Cliff back at the sametime.
  17. All righty, the thread has been sanitized and the problems resulting from it have been handled... Carry on as you were.
  18. Sending dry thoughts your way
  19. QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 11:57 AM) The sox 5 years ago took the approach to market to the younger generation. My generation 18-25, and the older generation i really lost in terms of totally converting. The most joy i get is watching teenagers walking around with sox clothes on, this is the lifeblood of our team for years to come. Little kids are always going to remember a white sox world series. Not 5 years ago, 15+ years ago, the Sox decided to go for the family enviornment. I don't think JR was ever comfortable with some of the crowd that inhabited the old ballpark, and he really wanted to make the New Comiskey Park much more of a place you could bring your kids to with some confidence.
  20. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 11:59 AM) Bayh voted yes?! Damn. First strike. And I was beginning to like him. If I had to guess... It would be because Indiana is about as Repub of a state as you will ever see, and he knew he pretty much HAD to do so if he ever wanted to get reelected here.
  21. Here is how the vote went in the Senate
  22. QUOTE(WCSox @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 11:31 AM) The vote didn't go straight down party lines. Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid, for example, dissented with their respective parties. I really don't think that this will be a rallying issue for either party in '08. The border, terrorism, and Iraq/Iran/N. Korea are much more important issues to voters. 14 dems did vote for this amendment as well.
  23. Because of Lawrence Summers getting run off... http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n.../f165339D57.DTL

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.