Montero sent down

fathom

Thank God.

My heart couldn't take another Montero outing.

Politte hasn't been much better for my circulatory system's centerpiece, but I like him better, as a person and a pitcher.

Here's to hoping he's not throwing like someone who needs to be put to sleep, though.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jun 28, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Thank God.

My heart couldn't take another Montero outing.

Politte hasn't been much better for my circulatory system's centerpiece, but I like him better, as a person and a pitcher.

Here's to hoping he's not throwing like someone who needs to be put to sleep, though.

I for one think Montero was just starting to pitch a heck of alot better. I would say Cliff better do something to earn this move, or bring Montero back up. Montero really started to show alot of life.

Edited by JDsDirtySox

Im excited to see Politte round 2 this year. If he really was just hurting a little, and all he needed was some rest (afterall, it was a short offseason for him, he might not have taken it as well as some others), and he is even close to as effective as last year.... man, we have one hell of a bullpen on our side.

almost to the point that our opponants would have a 6 inning game on their hands.

Hopefully the bullpen's surprises (Thornton) continue to do well, b.c he will be very important even if Politte is better this time around

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:40 AM)
I thought Clifford got knocked around a bit in AAA, no? A little down there translates into a lot up here.

I'm pulling for him, but until he gets his shoulder operated on I don't see his problems going away.

In 3 games at AAA Charlotte, Politte pitched 4.2 innings, giving up 5 hits and 1 ER with 5 K's. His ERA was 1.93 and WHIP was 1.29.

I'm not expecting 2005 Politte to return to the club, but I'd expect he'd still be a significant improvement over Montero if that injury was the root of his struggles this year.

I don't know if it meant anything or not, but Mitsubishi's last two outings were very impressive. I was scared when he came out for the 7th last night, but he looked damned good. Hopefully that means we found yet another diamond in the rough, but I am glad to see Cliff back at the sametime.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
I don't know if it meant anything or not, but Mitsubishi's last two outings were very impressive. I was scared when he came out for the 7th last night, but he looked damned good. Hopefully that means we found yet another diamond in the rough, but I am glad to see Cliff back at the sametime.

Either way, it's really good to know we've got 2 guys in AA in Tracey and Montero who could probably be in a lot of other major league bullpens right now.

QUOTE(Spiegle @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
man, we have one hell of a bullpen on our side.

The bullpen is showing some very positive signs.

In the last 6 games, 20.2 innings of work, the pen has allowed only 1 run.

QUOTE(mu mu @ Jun 29, 2006 -> 09:16 AM)
The bullpen is showing some very positive signs.

In the last 6 games, 20.2 innings of work, the pen has allowed only 1 run.

That's why I'm concerned to see Cliff back in the pen. I don't have a lot of faith in him.

The negative commenst about Politte are off base when you consider the guy was hurt. I think we will see a sharper Cliff Politte and hopefully he will deliver like last year.

Montero didn't do poorly at all. A bad game here and there, but lately he has come through. He showed he can be a set up man or a long relief dude. I watched the game last night and saw Roberto Hernandez, who could be a possible pick up, but why pay the money and trade talent for a 42 year old pitcher when we obviously have farm talent? The only reason I could see is the experience at the big league levels that Roberto could bring to the team.

I'd love to see Cliff phased back into games where he's never facing the tying run at the plate. But, knowing Ozzie, I wouldn't be surprised if Politte were inserted into today's game even if were tight late. Ozzie doesn't coddle players (other than to rest them if they're dinged up). He wants to see what guys are made of right away.