Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:58 AM) Obstruction of justice is obstruction of justice. Period. Too many people get wrapped up in "it was just a blow job vs. Watergate - waaaay different". Yes, that part is true, but they both tried to conceal illegal actions as a result of an investigation. It doesn't matter what was going on, they both obstructed justice. Exactly. The spin on both of these is ironic IMO.
  2. And actually this is something else I hadn't heard before. An Italian government official wants to drop the Euro Currency and go back to the Lira. http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050603/...LY-EURO-DC.html
  3. QUOTE(techgeekxp @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 06:38 PM) I was sick and tired of one of the other Sox boards... and someone wanted me to continue the game over here... so I obliged. They were spamming and trolling, with 100 posts in 2 days, so I migrated. Ah abandoning that ship. Now I understand. Welcome over with the rest of them.
  4. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:29 AM) f*** that article. It must be a f***en slow ass news day in sports. All he did was grab parts of old articles and bunch them together for this story. Give me new quotes you piece of s*** writer! I dont care what happened in 2001. I can't believe I wasted 50 f***ing cents on that pos paper this morning. What a waste. We all know franks situation. All this s*** he wrote has been read before. By all of us. Frank will retire a white sox. Jr won't want to see him get his 500th hr else where. I'm so f***en tired of the media bashing frank. Its been 10 f***en years now since they started. Leave the man, the f*** alone. Why can't they just let us sox fans have are modern day icon? Let him have a legacy. He is not perfect. No baseball player is perfect. Let us enjoy are last years watching him play. I am cherishing every damn ab of the big guy. Here's to frank retiring a white sox! Getting in the hall, and hitting his 500th hr at comiskey f***en park, with half the people who read , lurk, and post at this board at that f***en game! I can't believe anyone wastes 50 cents on the Sun Times, but that is just me
  5. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:15 AM) Money might not be the most important factor, though Frank has always equated money with respect. It's impossible to say what kind of choices Frank will have. Unless Frank has been lying to the fans when talking about winning being the most important thing to him now, things have changed. With the way this team is playing, he would be hardpressed to accept more money to go somewhere else that wasn't a team like the Yankees or Red Sox.
  6. How are the White Sox a fit for Preston Wilson? We are already trying to figure out what to do with Everett when Frank is actually healthy enough to play, what would we do with Wilson?
  7. QUOTE(rafacosta @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 08:01 AM) It is my computer or this poll was hijacked? It is saying that Timo has 100,000 votes... Whatever, my vote went to Timo. I said one million votes for Timo, and I meant it
  8. QUOTE(ptatc @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:24 PM) He's what 21 or 22. He shouldn't have too much more "filling out." Remeber Jack McDowell? He still hasn't filled out. BTW, Stick Figure rocks Brandon has put on 20 pounds since they drafted him FWIW.
  9. This is from yesterday's Trib http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columni...ll=chi-news-col jskass@tribune.com
  10. QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 07:42 AM) I disagree, the Euro has a pretty strict set of guidelines and its own Central Bank. In time, the political independence of these states (especially as the newer members become more stable) will be seen as an asset and one state's actions will be less able to shake the currency as a reserve force. Those aren't the politics I am referring to. I am looking at it in a much broader sense.
  11. What a piece of s*** article. He totally forgets who Frank Thomas's biggest fan is, Jerry Reinsdorf. Frank Thomas will get a reduced deal done after he is bought out, book it.
  12. FWIW. Scott was on MJH earlier and really sounded positive a deal would get done sooner than later. His whole demeanor was upbeat.
  13. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 03:33 PM) An admitted non-neutral Washington Times accusing a group of not being neutral. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Times http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insight_magazine All that doesn't matter! Isn't that great. It doesn't matter who you are paying off, it doesn't affect your nuetrality.
  14. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:36 PM) I think you mean Cheney's hunting buddy Scalia, not Souder. Yes Scalia, not Souder. Thank you.
  15. QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:56 PM) Morneau, Punto, and Mauer all got hurt and probably won't play against the Yankees this weekend. [swallows pride] Go Yankees
  16. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 05:00 PM) One question - who do you think will trade for Kendall if the As do go on a firesale? He is making tons of $ too and I doubt Beane keeps him around while rebuilding.... Thoughts? Unless AJ breaks his neck... NOT A CHANCE.
  17. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:52 PM) Then, I'm just going to have to come out and ask: what point you were you trying to make? Was that taking a shot at the A's fanbase or, in some werid way, ours? I'm deeply vexed. Both actually. We are obsessed, and they could care less.
  18. Without a doubt, mreye
  19. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:44 PM) 20-32 35-18 ...could have something to do with it. If we were 20-32 and their were rumors that Frank Thomas wanted to be traded, we would be hanging on his every word. When your franchise player wants out, you listen, no matter your record.
  20. The funny thing is trolled over to ESPN and MLB's Oakland message boards to see what they had about the Chavez interview, and they both had all of zero threads about it. Here we are as a Sox board with a near 100 post thread about it. That's funny
  21. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:32 PM) Hmm... anyone else get the feeling he's ripping on Beane indirectly..? If he is ripping on Moneyball, you can drop the "in".
  22. Wow, Chavez is really making the sell job now. Hopefully everytime he opens his mouth the Billy Beane asking price drops.
  23. Can I change my vote to eleventeen?
  24. QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:14 PM) i think the eric is the one who started this rumor and is keeping it going That's why I threw the "if there were anything to it" in there. Personally I don't think anything is going to happen on this front.
  25. QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) I'm looking at the print edition of the Daily Herald right now. Scott Gregor wrote a column this morning that this rumor exists. There is no mention of how and where the rumor got started, nor are there any comments from Oakland or White Sox sources. I doubt they would say anything in the preliminary stages of a negotiation, if there were anything to it. Kenny doesn't like ANY info to get out, so you know no one from the Sox is saying anything. And judging by the shock of some of his deals this winter, Billy Beane seems to operate in the same manner.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.