Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
"Spamalot" wins 3 Tony's
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7434-1643498,00.html
-
France Rejects EU
Now the UK is dropping its referendum on the EU consititution as expected. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...8&refer=germany
-
English music scene jumps the shark
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4611757.stm
-
Computer question
Thanks CC, that is perfect
-
Computer question
Our computer at home instead of opening Acrobat automatically to view a PDF file has taken to opening Word instead. Where do I go to switch this back for just this format of documents? Now I have to copy and paste anything, and then reopen it using acrobat if I want to view something, I can't simply view it online. Help please
-
Amazing story of a Cubs fan
That's a great story. I hope he makes it on both accounts also.
-
Brooks Boyer letter
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:43 PM) Kinda off topic, but Brooks related....did anyone hear him in the booth with DJ over the weekend? He was talking about some kind of Go-Cart race event coming up at the cell. Anyway, he said the idea came to them because the Sox fan demographic is the same as NASCAR's? Any idea what the specs of that demographic might be?....and is it the same as Sox fans? File this one under too easy... Drunken redneck hillbillies?
-
Time to revisit the attendance concerns
QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) the sox have s*** attendence learn to live with it... what difference does it make??? the only thing that matters are the nine guys on the field... if you ever end up going to sox park you will find out it is a great place with 20k... if the sox started drawing 40k a game I would probably stop going... and if you think the $$ that 40k a game would bring in would go toward new "talent" you're nuts.. those profits are going into jerry's and his investors pockets...... All of the numbers indicate 180 degrees the opposite of your line of thinking. The Sox have operated for years at putting all increases in revenue into attendance the next season. Go back and compare their profit numbers in Forbes magazine for the last few years, and then compare their increases in payroll. They are almost dollar for dollar exactly the same. The myth of the money pocketing Reinsdorf needs to go away like the myths of the Unicorns, and intelligent Cubs fans... None of them actually exsist.
-
40-40 Club
QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:34 AM) theres currently is no fifty fifty i believe, if anyone is going to do it its abreu I'll go out on a limb and say that we won't see 50-50 happen in our lifetime.
-
To Upgade at the deadline, who would you trade?
One of the outfielders. It is much, much easier to get OFs vs Pitching, and I don't like giving it away.
-
Supreme Court rules against medical marijuana
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0600666_pf.html
-
Time to revisit the attendance concerns
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:38 AM) Wow! 14 more pages of attendance talk. I hope there's som new information in here somewhere. :rolly Hey Jerk, quit hijacking the attendance thread.
-
White Sox looking to deal Thomas or Everett
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:41 AM) Time to cut thru the obvious hate-Thomas bulls*** in this thread. For all Jurassic lovers (I like the guy as well) he's probably more of a health risk than Thomas. Let's look at their TPA since 2002-2004: Everett 1330 vs Thomas 1601 lol. I literally got that far, when I noticed that he intentionally left out the years that would make his numbers not work out in his favor. Way to bias the sample.
-
No MVP next year but
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:15 AM) Recruiting, as in NCAA 2004, 2005, etc. football, could be awesome in the baseball game. However, it's still awfully disappointing and I doubt I'll drop the $40+ on it. If it is $30 and a combination of MVP and the other NCAA games, I will definately pick it up. I am kind of excited actually.
-
Paris leads way for 2012 Olympics
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8091451/
-
Time to revisit the attendance concerns
QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) Owned because attendance is up 11%? Let me do a little bit of math here... The Sox drew just under 2 million people to the ballpark last year. If you add 11% to that, you add about 220,000 fans for a season. I don't know in reality what the average spending is at the ballpark, but a solid guess in my mind is $50 a person (factor in ticket, parking, food, beer, etc) If you multiply those 220,000 people to $50 each you have just added $11,000,000 in revenues to the Sox. Sounds to me like another big line salary. An 11% increase is huge for the Sox.
-
61st Anniversary of Normandy Invasion
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:46 AM) My great uncle, who passed recently, was on Normandy. Some very scary, but interesting stories about it. I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been. He said that the initial invasion was supposed to be the day earlier, but the weather prevented it. He also said a few people went ahead the day before, before it was cancelled (intelligence, front line types)--sounded like most didn't make it. Hats off to all of those who fought in that one. :uk I know the death rates from some of the groups was near 100%, it was suicide for many of them.
-
Pregnant woman arrested after refusing jury duty
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4572110/detail.ht...994&dppid=65172
-
Texas student found after missing for 7 years
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/06/woman.found.ap/index.html
-
White Sox vs. Rockies 6/6 game thread
Its friendly reminder time.... Play Pick to Click http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16 And YNOT http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34802&st=0 remember contests are open to all, and require no sign ups. Just read the rules and post your picks for each.
-
What would you rather have?
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 01:14 AM) I stopped reading right there. I was thinking the samething. One essential problem with that statement is that NONE OF US HAVE THE ABILITY TO THROW THE WORLD SERIES!!! But other than that...
-
Jose Contreras the All - Star?
Contreras's periphrals are awesome. His walks are way down, and he is working deep into most games. If he had half of the run support of Garland, Contreras would have 8 or 9 wins too.
-
Notes: Harris' days numbered?
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:34 PM) Maybe it's just that he's old now and his skills have diminished? Its hilarious to hear you say that about Griffey, but when it comes to Thomas who is 37 and has suffered 2 season ending injuries in 5 years, you totally block that out as a possibility
-
Joe Crede Piece
QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 08:16 AM) Chances are, Ozzie would back his old manager over a ballplayer. No Mota. Did Guillen ever deal with Mota? Wasn't Mota traded to the fish last year in the big deal with the Dodgers that included Brad Penny?
-
GO GO WHITE SOX
I have an idea of what you are talking about, but only from the stories from my dad.