Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 03:07 PM) That really worries me... gload really had to of done something bad that the orginization does not like. Like cheat has said before gload is the sox version of jared reiner. Only difference is gload is actually good and produced some what in the majors. As it stands we don't have a legitimate back up first baseman on this team. So how the hell does ozzie expect to keep konerko rested for the entire year? His silly ozuna, widger, timo options are not comforting. I think Jim is eluding to the fact that he is pretty seriously hurt. The only reason he wasn't called up already is because he shoulder was still so bad that he couldn't throw from the OF. If he is even worse now, I get the feeling he might need surgery or a long rest.
  2. QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 02:55 PM) Hey, I'm just repeating what Farmer told me. If you talk to Farmio again, tell him to put on some socks!
  3. BTW I just wanted to throw this out the for the reactions... Since Paul Konerko got his two days off while Timo played first, Pauly is hitting .368 with 2 Hrs, 3 RBI, .478 OBP, 1.215 OPS, .737 SLG.
  4. I doubt we do anything. The roster is full as is, another move would require getting rid of someone we don't want to get rid of.
  5. All you want for this season is a series victory over the Cubs? Who cares about the Cubs... We have the best record in baseball, I want to win this thing. I could care less about the damned Cubs.
  6. southsider2k5 replied to Balta1701's topic in SLaM
    And you wonder why they don't do anything about ID theft... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8145393/
  7. QUOTE(3E8 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:39 PM) I guess the calendar curse is for real. Can we put the Minnesota Twins on our July 2005 edition? Good idea. Or do a coach or something...
  8. QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:21 PM) Wow, Sox pick a guy and two minutes later there's his picture in the thread. And Cerb already has his phone number
  9. QUOTE(Reddy @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:11 PM) im not gonna complain about a 2.70 era damn 2.53 after last night, but who is counting...
  10. Where do you anticipate the Sox sending you after you sign? What is the one thing you have always wanted to buy, that you are going to run out and buy after you get your signing bonus?
  11. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:52 PM) So he made a big deal about it just so he could accept the original offer? To me it sounds like the Bulls called his bluff, and he realized it before it was too late.
  12. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:50 PM) actually After Clee's hitting streak Walker went up to him and showed him how to add some more power to his swing... Arow, Kong, and Gooch I think dont use Walker too much. Rowand works out all season long and im certain he has a personal trainer that he works all that stuff out with, Konerko changes his swing by himself it seems every other game and i doubt Walker is involved with that and Gooch is using his same swing from Japan thank god. Now Walker might of worked with SPod and if so he has done an awesome job but really the only guy we know that Walker has worked the most with is Crede and he has been one of our worse hitters along with Uribe.... Although a hitting coach can only do so much and really he prob has little to do with overall teams success.... I rather us hire 2 hitting coaches... Walker would be the power one and than get a guy that teaches the hitters to use all parts of the field and everything. Rowand has always given full credit to Walker for fixing his hand position from up high where the used to be. He also credited Walker for helping him get going again when he got demoted to AAA for a while.
  13. For those who are interested... wish us luck. If the baby feels like cooperating, we should be able to find out the baby's sex tonight, along with how it is developing.
  14. QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) When are we going to rename this site timotalk.com? Good lord, the obsession with Timo Perez on this site is mind boggling. We should have a one week moratorium on Timo threads, positive or negative. We could OMIT TIMO. I like it
  15. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:01 PM) I'm with ya on that. Calculated risk--let's hope it pays off. EDIT: Would Borchard money get it done? $5.3 million? Isn't that pretty insane? The guy isn't THAT good is he?
  16. Lance do you put a lot more pressure on yourself to succeed early, with as far up the draft boards you shot up in the last few weeks? Mike Michigan City, IN
  17. I loved this response....
  18. If he had said he wanted to be drafted, what kind of money would he have recieved?
  19. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:46 AM) You don't have to bet. Everyone out there is certain of it. Well at least one person thinks it is Mariotti
  20. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:34 AM) A couple girls I know would say their going home to bob tonight or I'm meeting bob later. Which we found out to mean BOB...Battery Operated Boyfriend. Damn, and all these years I just thought Kap was a stud.
  21. QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:33 AM) A local kid just got picked by the Indians in round 19. Timothy Dennehy, LHP, Oak Park-River Forest HS. White Sox select Jordan Danks Round Rock HS! f*** YEAH! Now we have to sign him. For those who didn't know, Danks is rated as a top prospect this draft (37 by BA) with major signability issues. He was committed to Texas. The Sox will try to throw some money at him to lure him away from college. So essentially just make a second round draft pick if things workout?
  22. It is funny to hear everyone jump on people who discredit certian media for their views, but as soon as a "conservative" columnist gets mentioned, everyone comes out to discredit them. Irony.
  23. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) Mike, when your kid decides its time to try his hand at baseball, you make damn sure he throws with his left hand. I'm serious. Whenever he goes to throw the baseball with his right, slap it. I don't know jack about the MLB draft, but isn't this pretty par for the course? You always hear that pitchers, especially lefties, have a future in baseball. However, with the exception of Anderson, Sweeney, etc. a lot of our starting position players in the future would appear to come from either free agency or via trade, so if Kenny is looking to promote home-grown pitching talent instead of position players, I suppose I'm on board with that. The joke all along is that the kid is having his right arm tied behind his back until he is 5.
  24. QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:18 AM) Yeah, I'm sure Carl is a master manipulator of the media. Anyway, you guys are obviously close, since you saw him at Soxfest, so you would know better than anyone. You are so adorable... don't you have the MLB or ESPN boards to be trolling?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.