Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:04 PM) Let's just remember one of the biggest reasons why Ozzie is the manager in the first place...the "2 out of 3 ain't bad" mentality in September 2003 against the Yankees. After an off day...we had Mark Buehrle on 4 days rest and ready to go, and instead, we pitched a Rookie in Yankee Stadium after winning 2 games. The rookie got shelled. I still think our stumble out of the pennant race started with that game. I can't complain about saving people and getting the subs some time this early in the season. Hell, I wouldn't complain if we put El Duque back on the DL for another 15 games here at the end of June just so he gets some extra rest. But when August and September hit...there can be NO more screwing around. Our toughest stretch of the season will hit in August...Yankees, Bosox, Twins, Yankees, Twins over 15 games. After that...it hits September and the sprint to the finish. Those series are the ones that you save people for, and that's the time you give it everything you have. Right now...sure, give people some bench time. But if we get a chance to sweep one of those series, and Ozzie plays the bench....that's when we should mutiny. If the Twins are within 10 games in August, it won't happen. That is why you rest these guys now, so they are ready for the stretch run. 162 games is a long, long season.
  2. Check out the futuresox board, right underneath Pale Hose talk. Plenty of info about him and a lot of the other draftees.
  3. QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:49 PM) are you drunk? do you really think chris widger's playing time is more important than having an eight-game lead in june? i'm pretty sure the yankees of the late '90s weren't winning titles because they got luis sojo steady at-bats. When the Sox fall apart in August because guys like AJ hit the fall, you would feel differently.
  4. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) His right leg is key, since it is his plant foot...that leg wasn't injured. He drives with his other leg.
  5. QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:12 PM) SS2k5: Thanks for your help. No, I do not share my PC with anyone else. Next question, what do you use for internet access?
  6. The thing is with having only 1 pick in the first two plus rounds, we HAVE to make sure they are signable. This was the smart move.
  7. QUOTE(ptatc @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:12 PM) This goes so fast is it an option for the chat room? Good idea, I'll meet ya'll there.
  8. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) I can't believe what I'm watching right now. I have a call into Paul Tagliabue its funny what no trades and no TV do to the speed of a draft.
  9. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 12:07 PM) He looks good so far. That injury was in his arm, which would be a big part of his swing. Watch Franks swing and tell me how much of it is dependant on his legs.
  10. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) I think Widger should be El Duque's personal catcher and than AJ can catch the other 4 guys... reason is El Duque and Pieryznski dont seem to have the same chemestry as he does with the other pitchers and El Duque likes to call his own game a little. They talked about this in Duque's last start. It sounds like it doesn't matter who his catcher is, he has an idea of what he wants to do, and it is never the same as what the catcher is thinking. Hawk actually talked about then needing to use a signal system when Duque essentially calls his own game in order to speed things along.
  11. If its a boy, I guess that makes it Mother Nature's Son?
  12. QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:15 AM) Contreras still leads the league in opponents BA, .200. If he keeps his walks down, he could give up 3 runs or less. That is the key. At Coors you are going to give up the deep ball, you just can't compound it by having guys on base.
  13. QUOTE(S720 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:45 AM) Page cannot be displayed. I'm wondering whether my IP is being blocked! Do you share a computer with anyone else?
  14. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:24 AM) It's who you're married to/related to? Man, with my college gpa I guess I'm over qualified for the presidency. That's what I keep telling myself.
  15. QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:25 AM) I believe this is something that Ozzie learned from Cox. He understands that as important as it is to win early in the season, that typically the team with the healthiest roster and specifically the healthiest bullpen down the stretch will tend to run away with things. Ozzie treats his roster in the same way he would a Little League team: he plays everybody. This gives the everyday players a break and valuable at-bats for the bench. I think my dad said it best that it seems like Ozzie has a role in mind for each of his players. I would take that last thought, and take if forward a step. He also likes to see what potential roles they could fill if needed. I think a great example of that has been Neal Cotts over the past 10 days or so. Ozzie has basically been using him as a set up man, instead of middle relief, or against lefties. Right now he could be discovering that Cotts can handle being a set up man, whereas if he played it by the book, he would have been using Marte or Politte in those roles. Now he might have a new weapon for the late innings, that he would have never known about if he didn't experiment.
  16. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:19 AM) Great choices for president. lol With both of them, it just goes to show you that its not what you know...
  17. QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:11 AM) South shore... El.... whichever... I don't ride any of those so I have no idea... Careful where you tread... that's like saying Cubs/Sox whocares, its all Chicago baseball. But thanks for the idea.
  18. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:10 AM) I'll take a D for any of my subjects any day of the week. D's are a step above failing in the US. Grades go A (90-100%), B (80-90%), C (70-80%) D (60-70%) and F (under 59%) BTW this was my favorite paragraph He got a 69 and 79 in Poly Sci, and got a 77 in French of all classes
  19. Happy Birthday Gash!!!!
  20. What message are you getting?
  21. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:35 AM) It's a good point. I just want this team to go for the kill when it has the chance. But Ozzie doesn't always do it. In Game 3 at Wrigley, he did put his best line up out there behind BMac. Hopefully our B team can get a sweep soon. The point is then you get to September and fold because your starters are burned out, and your bench is rusty. Samething goes for the pen.
  22. http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washingt...student?mode=PF Seems that John Kerry wasn't too much better of a student than W was.
  23. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:48 AM) Yeah, I know. It should have been green. My cousin works for the railroad, so I know what pantagraphs are, and yes, I'm Catholic. Clever, but how many know what "those electric thingys on top of the train" are called? Me I probably should have gotten that, but you never know. Personally I liked the obscurity of the name, and the joke that as a South Shore commuter, you get to skip pergatory because you have already been there. If anyone has other cool name ideas, feel free to contribute. And mreye, if you are interested, I would love to have you as one of the posters to the blog. Nothing big, just when you see something funny, ironic, or entertaining, post it. It doesn't have to be an everyday thing or anything.
  24. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:43 AM) I'm from Indiana. I don't know what those words mean. The Pantagraphs are the metal things on top of the SS train that connect the train to the overhead wires. You're Catholic right? You should know what Pergatory is...
  25. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 08:40 AM) Sounds cool. BTW, what do you all think of the name "Pantagraphs to Pergatory"?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.