southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: And that's a playoff series winning White Sox winner!!!
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
NOT FOR WORK TOPIC!!!!
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:05 PM) Out of habit, I always try and get my hand drunk first . . . BTW I just went back and read all of this, and this is quote of the year material.
-
6/7 Games
QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) I think nobody is willing to get excited or think it can happen consistently until it does. I think it would take 12-16 months of consistency for me to be convinced, if that gives you any idea of my mentality on Honel right now, LOL... And it is going to take at least that long to convince the Sox as well. How many guys are in front of him now? 10? He has a long way to go.
-
MLB has it in for Sox
One thing... Carl is a funny dude. It wouldn't surprise me if he was just screwing with the reporters. This is right up his alley with the sense of humor he has. I watched him about make a girl cry at Soxfest by telling her that they had told him not to sign for her. He thought it was hilarious.
-
Scott Skiles
QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:30 AM) Did not see this mentioned elsewhere....not even in the thread which announced SKiles had closed negs with the Bulls... http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines =========== Guess which f*** tard Skiles was referring to here.....yup Cotex boy it seems "I just wanted to bare my soul a little bit and have him do the same. I don't like to pick up a morning paper and see people bashing the owner of my team. That makes me feel very uncomfortable—let alone bashing me at the same time. It was clear to me it was a situation that was potentially getting very bad that really didn't need to be." I'd bet money it was Sam Smith he was talking about...
-
6/7 Games
QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:33 AM) I was wondering if anyboby was, Kris had good control and not just the walks but hitting his spots. Those Breaking balls he threw were old Kris Honel then come back and hit 90 on a Fastball which is the best I seen him this season. That is great news. The old softie in me hates to see kids fail. Hopefully he is getting back to full strength and can make a run at the bigs still.
-
Iguchi's having back trouble.
If Iguchi goes down, you might get a surprise call up. We need someone who can play 1B, so my guess would be the Greatest, Greg Norton. It also helps that he plays 3B too.
-
Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread
QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 12:14 AM) The bullpen was handled properly. If Cotts has control, he's probably more effective than any of our other relievers. I am getting sick of our awful base running/bunting. When's Ozzie going to learn that Crede can't bunt, and Uribe can't run the bases? If Crede is going to hit .230 he had better learn how to bunt. Ozzie should keep making him bunt until he gets it.
-
Sox @ Rockies 6/8/05 Game Thread
QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:56 PM) So? Does that mean that we can't question a move that we think is questionable? In the words of Herm Edwards "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! HELLO?!" Sometimes it seems that Ozzie hands the third game of a series to the other team by playing players in situations where they should not be playing seemingly because we already have the series. There are so many times that has happened this season that some of us have come to expect it. That's called observation, not criticism. You don't play to win the game. You play to win the World Series.
-
MLB has it in for Sox
I hear Carl Everett is next in line to manage the Cubs if Dusty ever gets fired.
-
Neal Focking Cotts
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:52 AM) I've noticed a different approach in Cotts, he seems to be rearing back to throw his fastball, instead of aiming his pitches. He is being more aggressive and challenging the hitters, somewhat like he did when he was pitching well in the minors, I like his new approach. Its a product of Ozzie giving the guy regular chances. Instead of pitching every 10 days and thinking he has to be perfect, he knows if something happens he will pitch again soon. Regular work has given him confidence.
-
New Contest for Soxtalk
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:32 AM) Just don't tell me you did a regression analysis or anything like that Nah, I did some figuring in my head, that's it. What do you think I am, some nerdy quantitative analyst?
-
New Contest for Soxtalk
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:27 AM) I got the same access and you know damn well there is no way in hell I'm gonna actually get off my ass and look at the stats to come up with my guess So Mike, just do it the Jason way, be lazy and pick a random day, haha. On a sidenote, talking in 3rd person rules. I looked when I set up the contest I'll post my guess for fun when I lock the thread on Friday.
-
Neal Focking Cotts
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:18 AM) Who? Ozzie or Neal? Both! Actually I was going for Ozzie, but it works either way. People are so quick to point out when Ozzie's style flops, but when it works out no one saids anything. If Ozzie managed by the book, the 7th and 8th would have belonged to Marte and Politte in one order or the other, and we would have never seen Neal. Oz has done this a few times in the last couple of weeks. Now he knows he has another guy who can accell in a pressure situation with the game on the line in the late innings. How valuable is that?
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#
QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:22 PM) Me and DBAHO were first in this Neal Cotts is the s*** club for the record. I've been there all along as well.
-
New Contest for Soxtalk
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 09:58 PM) Unfair. ss2k5 should be excluded -- we're pretty much just guessing how much he'll want to post, after all. I'm not playing. I have access to all of the statistics, and I didn't think that would be fair.
-
Neal Focking Cotts
You are watching the emergence of a set up man now, and it is due to Ozzies "terrible" bullpen management and willingness try guys in different roles. You may all praise him now.
-
6/6 Games
QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:21 PM) His Fielding is his only weakness but that is getting better. Has the tools to be a succesful Major Leaguer, makes the outstanding plays but sometimes struggles to make the routine plays. The hitting is there I would like to see more power but I believe that will come with time. I like the kid hopefully he can get the job done. Josh has started to hit the Low and away breaking balls to the opposite field and with power that now gives him pitches on the inner half which he can use his natural power but the key was hitting that breaking ball on the outside black and laying off the the pitches out of the zone Sounds like he is already ahead of Joe Crede in that last respect.
-
BUSH OFFICIAL EDITED 'GLOBAL WARMING' EVIDENCE
QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 01:05 AM) Who thinks the mainstream liberal media is going to expose this one? http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/08/politics...agewanted=print much more mind blowing info at the link Can anyone tell me why someone who used to lobby for Oil companies became the chief of staff for the White House on Environmental Quality? :headshake The funny thing is that it took that damned conservative Drudge to break the story.
-
Attack of the ants!
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:48 AM) Yesterday, I was getting some stuff out of my truck and was standing on a fire ant mound wearing sandals. Those little bastards are nasty. Thankfully I had some rubbing alchohol and some fire ant itch relief gel handy. In less than a minute, I must have had 30 bites. Funny, yet not so funny fire ant story. My brother and I were born and raised here in Michigan City, in the shadow the Dunes National Lakeshore and spent many a days up at the beach playing in the sand. We moved to Webster Texas when I was 9 and my brother was 5. The first time he went out and played in our yard, he plopped down in a anthill thinking it was a sand pile. He was almost covered in bites up to his waste. Now as an adult he hates the beach.
-
Boras: Are teams hurting themselves?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 07:43 AM) And you blame that on Boras? If they spent $40 million on a different agent's players, they would not have been handcuffed? The decision to pay that much for two players was flawed, regardless of who the agent is. Look at the Sox of 2005 and 2004 and think about that question. You need more parts than 2 studs if you are going to win. You have to be deep. Unless you are the Yankees and Red Sox, it doesn't make sense to spend that much money on one or two great players, when you can get 5 good players for the same price. Teams are hurting themselves wasting so much money one so few players.
-
Official Draft Talk Thread
Is anyone worried that we lack position player prospects and we took 13 pitchers in 17 picks?
-
Boras: Are teams hurting themselves?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 06:55 AM) Boras' clients are a virtual all-star team. The best players all eventually find him and he finds them. How much of a disadvantage is it to any team that will not deal with him? Ask the Rangers and teams what is it worth to have spent $40 million a year on two Borass players and be handcuffed in adding complimentary players. There are bads to go with those good players.
-
List of Sox Draft Picks
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 07:13 PM) Four position players through 18 rounds (17 players chosen). Wow. That shocks me too. Our system really lacks position players, yet we drafted all pitchers. Wow.
-
New Yorkers, or anyone else in the know
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 01:50 PM) Not bad. Oooo, them nasty colors. :puke If you want to be able to post stuff, send me an email address to send you an invite to, and I will get you hooked up. After that, tell all of your south shore buddies about it.
-
New Yorkers, or anyone else in the know
Here is the initial blog. http://purgatorywithpantagraphs.blogspot.com/ There might be a little tweeking done, but overall, I love the color scheme as it matches the old train and seat colors.