Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Jas actually closed this thread, but I am going to split out all of the other stuff. There is no need to tear at scabs now, I think we can all agree on that. If people want to talk about stuff, feel free to do it with PMs and emails. It was plain to see that we were going down a road of trouble, and I for one have no interest in that.
  2. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:32 PM) what can i say i just like arguing my point If the point is that the thread is crap, then the post is crap, and we are trying to get people not to post stuff like that. All it does is muck up the threads. Just passover the thread if you don't like it. thanks
  3. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:26 PM) who cares what lead we will have, nobody wants to see crap like this posted or a thread made about it, This is part of the problem around here lately. If you don't like the thread, there is no reason at all to post in it. None. If everyone else feels it is a bad thread, it will drop off of the front page quickly. If you don't like the topic, there is no need to post that, as it only takes away from people who might want to discuss something.
  4. I don't really have a summer reading list per se, but I did read about this book in the Trib yesterday, and am going to check it out. Its called Freakonomics by Steve Levitt a UC economist. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearc...06073132X&itm=1 here is the Trib article http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi...1,3746749.story
  5. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:59 AM) Throw-back day. The picture of Marte with the afro-wig was awesome from that game
  6. QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:45 AM) I agree. Hence, my screen name. I was just making a joke. I was pissed when Dye took #23. Do you know why Nossek took #23? So no player would wear it. It was his tribute to Robin. Actually I had not heard that before. That is really cool.
  7. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:35 AM) we're all far too lazy to even think about doing that You might be... but there are some pretty committed, er, dedicated people on here
  8. Personal I am waiting for the ban[inserthatedposterhere]com websites to start popping up.
  9. QUOTE(marsh @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 10:06 AM) I think they have deep fried candy bars now. Snickers, Milkey Way, with a dusting of powder sugar. Deadly. :drools Sounds good, but I love my corn on the cob, brats, and foods on a stick. BTW eye... today is a Mike's day
  10. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 10:01 AM) I understand that there is a lot of pressure to be out there and perform, but why can't the players use the same logic?? Especially for a guy who is proven, I'll never understand why. I guess it is the competitive nature of these guys.
  11. The best part of a carnival is the food.
  12. Friendly reminder time... DK has the YNOT contest for the Padres up and ready http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...15entry721864 And the Picks to Click are up for the whole weekend, and the Dbacks series, as well. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16
  13. The funniest part would be if it was rained out, all the people who paid $500 a ticket would only get back face value
  14. Google news search=awesome http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/pa/index...&storylist=penn Try the 4th or 5th story down.
  15. Being hosted at photobucket, it might be a problem over there?
  16. QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:39 PM) Ss2k, your sig keeps disappearing. So, I thought I would upload it here if needed. Thanks good Sir Knight
  17. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:51 PM) Beltre's contract isn't exactly "Huge"...it's large, but not like $20 mil or anything. I still think Beltre will find his swing. He was absolutely amazing last year. He will pull it together. Didn't he get something like $65 million for 5 years?
  18. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:14 AM) Thank you. I live by the rule that if the title doesn't interest me - I stay out. I don't get the whole thing about the NFL draft. I don't really care. But, when there's multiple draft threads I don't go in and post how boring the draft is and how idiotic everyone must be to give a crap about round 8. I stay out. More people should do the same. Theads about mods are stupid
  19. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:48 PM) Another one stealing my catch phrases. Lets go down to SD and pound the hell out of the surfer dudes with the rediculous camoflauge uniforms. RIP EM!!!!! You know what they say Nuke, immitation is the sincerest form of flattery...
  20. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:55 PM) Yes, they did. The way I did the numbers...Garcia and Dye were bought with Ordonez's money, while El Duque, A.J., Pods, Hermanson, and Vizcaino came from El Cabayo. The way I saw it, Maggs money was pretty well spent before 2004 ended. Pretty much Garcia+Contreras=Maggs.
  21. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 07:43 AM) http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_a...0054.shtml?5day Tex think you'll be effected by her..? Its rare for a hurricane to catch a straight west course. Usually at some point they catch a jet stream north and strike the gulf coast. It does happen occasionally though.
  22. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:02 AM) Looking for a Beatles refresher course, are you? There is always time for more Beatles... QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:04 AM) did you catch both references? Absolutely. And any analogy is better with a Beatles reference, for anyone looking for tips on how to be a better poster
  23. And something like this is the EXACT reason why GMs and MGRs don't overreact to players who have bad games or even prolonged slumps. In a professional major league baseball player, the margin of error for Neal Cotts was the position of his eyes during his delivery. Think about that for a second.
  24. QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 03:03 AM) Meaningless posts with no content make me angry...and you wouldnt like me angry.. OK, besides the "Incredible Hulk" reference...c'mon guys, if you are gonna take the time to make a post, SAY SOMETHING IN IT. This is the perfect time to steal a Hawkism... HE GAWN!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.