Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:21 PM) Any math geeks here who can tell me how fast that is in MPH? Just curious. IIRC when Michael Johnson obliterated the 200m record in 1996, it was something like 30 mph, but I am not positive.
  2. Looks like things are starting to even up a little bit. Glad to see Nomar knocked out.
  3. Damn, hurry up and put up more Porkchop!!! BEST BLOG EVER!!!
  4. Did they have the decency to say why?
  5. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/more...ex.html?cnn=yes
  6. So when did Frank get onto a Firemans schedule? One on, two off, one on, two off...
  7. QUOTE(Paco @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) Hey, We have 3 people going to the Sox game tonight.....Since it's Pepsi 2-for-1, is that essentially half price? Or do we have to claim an even number of tickets per Pepsi can? Its 2-1 so you either get 2 or 4 if you want the discounts.
  8. How do you balance signability, cost, and player potential when deciding who to draft with your top picks? Also do you think not having any supplemental or 2nd round picks will help you in signing difficult signs such as Jordan Danks? Mike Michigan City, IN
  9. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
  10. QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) I just sent this to Kotex boy Chances of getting a reply? It'll be a snarky simplistic two sentance reply implying what an idiot you are.
  11. Thinking about the Bears is depressing.
  12. QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) He's already logged 110+ innings this year. I'm willing to bet the Sox will be very careful with him and limit his innings pitched in fear of overworking him. And Kenny Williams has public stated this.
  13. soooo is anybody about to trade in MVP who would be willing to sell it off?
  14. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) I taught AP bio, Junior. OH ITS ALREADY BEEN BRUNG!!!
  15. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) Wow, for this guy to top the crackpot list even above Alex Chiu and Jack Chick... most impressive. http://www.insolitology.com/topten/index.htm I am surprised the guy who claimed to be from the future and came back for an old IBM computer part wasn't on there.
  16. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) And to think Steff, I'm gonna have to sit next to him in a few days Just a word of advice, if you calls you a "PYT", kick him in the nuts as hard as you can and RUN!!!!
  17. Hopefully they have Vazquez refusing to play for the Sox in the back of their heads, and take it out on him.
  18. Great, one of the few public education tools that actually works is being taken out.
  19. Have fun in that cesspool Phil...
  20. This is must read material... well as long as you can make it through it. http://www.timecube.com/
  21. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:39 AM) I was just going to make some snarky remark about what it must have been like posting waaay back then, until I looked and realized that my registration is only 5 people behind you. Like Indiana Jones says, it's not the years, it's the milage. A well oiled machine I am
  22. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:45 AM) Yeah, most of everyone around me wanted him pulled in the 2nd. The worst was this gem... "Jose Contreras sucks and he has sucked all year, I have no idea why they keep him" Me: "Did you know he leads the league in BAA and his ERA was a hair over 3 before tonights game?" "So?" Wow, sounds like Cub fans to me...
  23. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) I think a lot of admins, Mods, and veteran members agree with that, but do not like the idea of setting some mandatory minimum number of posts before a newer member can start threads, etc. Most members have doen a good job of self-moderating, and most lurked for several weeks or more before diving in. But each member has to be allowed to decide when he/she is ready to begon posting, start threads, enter into heated debates with some of the old guard, etc. Not a perfect system, perhaps, but I don't think it's broken by any means. Well said Jim. I lurked and read for a while, and even when I made my first post, it was a question for someone who had written an article. It would be nice if people laid back and learned what the style of the board was like, but there is no way we want to mandate anything like that.
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:12 AM) Wasn't Widger catching for one of MB's absolutely brilliant outings earlier this year? I can understand if you pick a pitcher or two to not let him catch, but he's seemed like he worked well with the other guys to me. I think the big difference is that Contreras needs to be bullied to both work quicker and to throw his fastball. AJ isn't afraid to go out and remind a pitcher of what to throw. Widger probably calls a great game, but it doesn't make any difference if he lets Jose wave him off and lets him slow down.
  25. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:11 AM) Griffey is at this point in his career nothing more than a quality DH who keeps getting hurt every time he plays the field. Wow where have I heard this before...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.