Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Does Konerko not like Uribe or something?
QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 08:20 AM) Only on this board can a comment like that be construed as Konerko not liking Uribe. This is a total non story, it's amazing how people here read into the simplest remarks by a player. Exactly. And because of who it is, everyone assumes the worst. Read the papers everyday and you will see this kind of stuff. Players praise other players everyday.
-
Does Konerko not like Uribe or something?
Yeah Pauly should have just said that this team wasn't as good as another team he played on instead...
-
Fucking Earthquakes....
QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 08:01 AM) I read another one happened this morning. Hope everyone is ok. WHat the hell is going on? God is warning the sinners not to vote democratic again.
-
technical geeks out there
QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 01:30 AM) soft hand, eh? They don't call him Blisters for nothing
-
Schiavo autopsy reports due out today
He should have just called her a Nazi...
-
Fucking Earthquakes....
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 07:50 PM) Is the New Madrid one that one that was in Missouri where they had like two magnitude 10 quakes in like a 2 year period? That was back in the 1800's if I recall or early 1900's. One thing to keep in mind is that the ground is a lot softer, and the shaking in an earthquake tends to be felt much further away than in a place like California. A magnitude 8 quake on the NM fault would probably cause big damage in places like St Louis and Chicago, according to what I have read.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:00 PM) I'll need to call you to figure out how to get there from the hotel. Once Jason makes it to the hotel I'll call you. Hey Alex if you see this, I drove to work today, I could pick you guys up after I get off of work if you like. If you guys are downtown, I am not too far away from you all. Or we could meet somewhere closer. If you are interested, let me know.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 08:25 PM) I'll show off a nice little frisbee. Oooh, some ultimate and some softball? Sweeeeet. I have beer and a cooler in the trunk of the car as we speak... 3:30 can't get here soon enough.
-
New Admin
QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:00 PM) I have a question, do people actually say mate in austrailla? Or is it just some made up thing. I don't mean for it to sound bad or like a dis to austrailla, i'm just curious if people other than the Crocidile Hunter say it. Working directly with a couple of futures desks in Sydney, I can attest to the usage of "mate" It is just like dude here. But they keep asking me for Fosters and Vegemite, and it is really pissing me off
-
BIG FRANK MUST STAY!!!
QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 05:50 PM) oh well there I can't help you out. unless you want to start a fan club. that can be done quite easily, as I have started my own. no other members, though. Put me in it!!
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:25 PM) Yes. But you're meeting me at Jimbo's.. Oh yeah. When are you getting down there?
-
Paulie is on FIRE!
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:23 PM) Tripped an elderly lady and stole her cane, too. And then he beat me with the cane!!!
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:22 PM) Lot E, near gate 2. I'll post before I leave tomorrow.. That's where we always meet right? The lot with the closest entrance to the BP Sportsbar?
-
Paulie is on FIRE!
Aboz kicked my puppy too. And he stole a kids lollypop, I swear I saw it!
-
Paulie is on FIRE!
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 03:09 PM) Power tripping conspirast! One of these days, I'll have to get there when you're there again so I can buy you a PBR. But it's not this weekend... One word. Soxfest. That is if we can find a way to go this year... but that is a different story.
-
Paulie is on FIRE!
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 02:59 PM) Did I mean it? Was it the same as calling Frank the "Big Skirt?" It's completely different situations. Crede hasn;t proved a thing to me yet. Frank has proven that he can be an elit player in the MLB. It's like Ted Williams getting injured and calling him a derrogatory nickname because he got injured late in his career? It isn't different. Its your opinion of one player, and its Aboz's opinion of a different player. Just because Frank is a bigger named player doesn't make it any less hypocritical for you to get pissed of for calling him names when you are doing the exact samething. Its namecalling no matter who it is.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:26 PM) Hey gang, Have fun. And no conspiracies. Please. No conspiracies. Hey that wasn't OUR fault.
-
Pac-Man celebrates 25 years
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:24 PM) Dont date yourself, SS2K5 . I still remember playing PacMan, Joust, Defender, Ms Pacman, all those fun games at Pizza joints. they were all even cooler back then because they were the table design that you look down at, instead of the standup models. The ones that had the speed buttons were my favorite... The story that blew my mind was the guy who had the "perfect" game of PM. I wonder how long that took him to get that good?
-
Pac-Man celebrates 25 years
Damn am I old http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/06/...5.ap/index.html
-
New Admin
QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 01:05 PM) Damn admins and their power trips You are sooooo banned
-
Vote for All-City team 2005
QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) Can this years voting be in it's own thread? I couldn't find the voting link for this year. I was looking at the first link and then I realized that it was a bump from last year. Not a bad idea [splits]
-
front page of the wall street journal
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:37 PM) But those discounts are still related to just the price of admission. It's not enough. The best deal at the park remains kids day on Sun where kids get in for a $1. There is simply no better entertainment value for your $ in that regards & yet they still can not sell out kids day. I had another idea that would help raise the consciousness of the White Sox with fair-weather fans. Credit card promotions. All major CC's are doing it especially Discover. You earn either dollars or points & with special purchases your points & dollars are worth much more. As for kids day why not expand it to include a food & drink deal? Charlotte's doing it & I think if the White Sox really want to grow the attendance past 2M every year kids day is a great place to start. They should concentrate every effort on trying to sell these days out. As for the credit card deal, the basis is already there... You have those people hawking MBNA White Sox credit cards at the games now. Tell them they have to give a one percent return, to be redeemed with the White Sox, either towards tickets, or gift certificates for merchandise etc.
-
Vote for All-City team 2005
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:25 PM) *BUMP* It's that time again.... http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-whitesox-promo Hell yeah, flood this baby again. Vote AJ, vote often.
-
Sorry fantasy GM's, Sox not ready to deal
QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:19 PM) May I add a few more: 1. Timo sucks 2. Why is Timo playing? 3. See, I told you Timo sucks 4. (Name any other player) would have gotten a hit there, Timo sucks 5. Oh, Crede sucks too 6. Where are all the optimists now??? 7. I HATE this team ... ummm ... no wait, I LOVE this team. 8. I should be manager, WTF was Ozzie thinking there??? 9. A particular player isn't hitting in the correct spot in the lineup. 10. Cheap beer (oh wait, this IS a good topic ) 11. Why does Quickman have a secret man-crush on MVP-Willie?
-
Sorry fantasy GM's, Sox not ready to deal
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:19 PM) well im sure the payroll had something to do with that as well. But whatev Not according to the boss. JR has said repeatedly there is available payroll for the Sox.