southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: FutureSox Board
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
AAP: Carlos Lee-Winston Salem Warthog
QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:18 PM) All of them are named George, but i can never remeber his daughter's name. Magglios kids are named Magglio Jr and Maggliana.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:30 PM) sorry i missed it. stupid addison and krush and keith all you whores. What's wrong, you can't catch a train or drive by yourself
-
Summer Concerts
QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:43 AM) i'd kill to go to one of his concerts. It is worth the big bucks, and I don't say that very often. 2 1/2 hour show with no breaks for Sir Paul, and none of the concert version songs. He played tons of music from all of this eras.
-
Summer Concerts
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:34 AM) I got tickets for Mac in September. I'm taking my kids to see him because they're already pretty hardcore Beatleheads (now how did that happen?) and they'd murder me if they grew up to find out they had a chance to see him perform and I didn't take them. Its either Paul or a house downpayment... Now you know how I voted, but lets just say I got vetoed
-
D-Backs
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 07:21 AM) No, their bullpen is really that bad. They have the worst bullpen in all of baseball... http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...128&season=2005 You know how many people here pray for a trade for Joe Randa or another good 3rd baseman? Well, I have read some D-Backs message boards and they pray for trades for mediocre relievers like Shingo or Vizcaino. That's how desperate they are for bullpen help. Too bad we couldn't get a Cintron for middle reliever deal done. That would be perfect for both squads.
-
Pitcher Brendan Donnelly of the Angels was ejected
QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 05:34 PM) That was quick: Its an easy black and white rule. Not a big surprise it was so quick.
-
The Cleveland Indians
QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 05:19 PM) 8.5 is how far back the Twins were at the All-Star break in 2003. That was also when the biggest fluke ever, the Kansas City Royals were in first place.
-
Post your Desktop
QUOTE(Tmar28 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 06:53 PM) I am using the same pic at home. I love that picture.
-
Summer Concerts
Paul McCartney is coming in November. Best concert I have ever seen.
-
Vince Vaughn at yesterdays game
It is cool to see a "celeb" at the ballgame. This is another step in making the southside "cool" again.
-
Forget about Guardado
QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:07 AM) Thanks for the link I forgot Eddie opted not to have rotator cuff surgery. That he only throws in the high 80's, and being such a health risk, certainly wouldn't make sense for the sox [financially, taking on his contract, or for trading any decent talent] Google news search is a beautiful thing
-
Forget about Guardado
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews...ts/11887711.htm
-
Draft Signings
QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:09 AM) Today's paper said we have signed 14 of our top 15 draftees. Who's holding out? Does this lessen the chance we throw a bunch of money at Danks?
-
Sox v. Dodgers Game Thread 6/17/05
QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 09:13 PM) Pierzynski is really struggling. They mentioned he's a .294 career hitter, he's sitting at .250 right now. He's not taken a lot of criticism here but he needs to pick it up. And as long as he continues to keep the pitching staff in order, he could hit .150 for all I care.
-
White Sox vs. Dodgers 6/18/05 Game Thread
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:16 AM) I'm looking forward to this game, with the retro jerseys and all. Let's take the series tonight! This is the game of the series that when I saw the promotional scheudle for 2005, I wanted to go to the most. Have fun guys, and bring us a winner!!!
-
And That's a White Sox Winner!!!!!!!&#
Damn this was a fun game to see. The boys were breaking out the lumber and the top of the order was flying around the bases, while Mark was on cruise control. It was a thing of beauty.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:40 AM) Ok, you guys better let it out now. How bad was Jason with those so called "Fastballs" of his. Lets just say Rangers 14 year old sister had a better arm
-
Queen plugging into iPod
Damn I thought this was a queen prawn thread
-
Ozzie has plans for All-Star break
That is really cool. Congrats to Ozzie Then again he might fail the English exam...
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 01:08 AM) You missed a hell of a time. Steff, Jason, Alex, and mike were a riot! Great to talk sox baseball with awesome people and fans!! Yeah we ended up in a funny spot today, basically in the stadium club parking lot. Sorry to anyone else who tried to look for us. But it was nice to meet you and your sister Ranger, and it was a great time to see everyone and tip back a few.
-
Does Konerko not like Uribe or something?
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:42 PM) When someone says, "_____ is the best at something," that means he is better than everyone else. I don't care if Konerko didn't say that word for word that that Clayton is better than Uribe, he said it. You don't say that someone is better than your teammate, you just keep your mouth shut. It doesn't even matter if it's true. So if we insert Frank Thomas there and this whole team instead of an individual player, like Frank said last week, why does everyone jump to Franks defense? That is the part that makes no sense to me.
-
Jim Rome
QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 06:58 PM) I look forward to the day that someone actually says they like a certain sports columnist or TV host. There are plenty of Chicago writers I like. I know the Trib better because I read it everyday, but from the Trib I like Rick Morrisey, Mike Downey, Sam Smith, Phil Rogers, Paul Sullivan, and Sox beat writer Gonzalez is growing on me. Out of the Sun Times, I pretty much like everyone but Kotex-Boy.
-
Phil wants Scottie as an assistant
QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 03:08 PM) Hopefully he doesn't advise the young guys on tipping practices Here is someone who seems to have learned from Scottie... http://www.benmaller.com/archives/2005/jun...a_1_tipper.html
-
"Will work for wife"
Man takes his hunt to the billboards http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/4616560/d...382&dppid=65192 In a couple of years the billboard will read "free to good home"
-
Inside the numbers...
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 02:12 PM) There is 1 more set of split lines that we shouldn't forget with El Duque: ERA wins losses innings games Postseason 3.59 16 9 223.0 35 And I am sure that his August and September numbers are pretty similar. Hernandez is money when it counts. Period.