Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Carl Everett this year
Out of curiousity, after watching Scott Pods play in LF, and get some of the worst reads ever, are there any people who would almost rather see Everett out there than Podsednik... strictly on a defensive basis.
-
Cleveland is a growing threat
QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) Better than White Sox vs Cub? Not for me. I hope to live to see the day we sweep them in the World Series. Not a chance. The Cubs going 0-162 would be the only way that would improve a STL/CWS world series. The Cubs getting into the playoffs, let alone the World Series, would take attention away from us, and that is the last thing I want to hear about. I believe this smilie said it best when he said :fthecubs
-
46-22 7 1/2 games ahead
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:47 AM) The only title I'm looking forward to is: White Sox Clinch AL Central Title Hey, you, get offa my cloud!
-
Cleveland is a growing threat
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:56 AM) I gotta admit a St. Louis/Sox World Series would be mighty nice!! That would be the ultimate WS
-
46-22 7 1/2 games ahead
Sorry, I just wanted to see this as a thread title on the front page. It makes me happy
-
Pyramids
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:16 AM) You're probably right, the mystery continues. Yeah continental drift tore apart Pangea 10's of millions of years ago.
-
Pyramids
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:33 AM) I know, that's what I mean. There is one in Mexico that on a certain day and certain time each year the sun casts a shadow on it and it looks like a serpent climbing up the wall. The Aztec God is represented a serpent. The stones weren't just randomly dropped somewhere. Every stone was probably moved a bunch of times. I wonder if with all the know how and modern machinery we have today, if we'd be capable of building one like those? The margin of error was less than a 1/4 inch, and this was with millenia of time to settle. There is no way we could do it any better even with GPS and all of the fancy technology we have today.
-
Good News for Our Out of Towners
QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) The Score is announcing that they will start on line streaming tomorrow, so next year our out of town friends will be able to hear the 16 spring training games as well as the regular season of course. I can hear it now: "The World Champion White Sox are on the air!" They can't stream the games. The internet rights to MLB belong to MLB exclusively. AM1000 streams live right now, but they have to blackout the games.
-
Pyramids
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:49 AM) I've seen the pyramids up close and I can't imagine how men could have done that. It's difficult enough to imagine the sheer brute force it would have taken to move, let alone stack the stones. But when you look at them up close, the stones fit together so perfectly, they're air tight. Every last, small crevice is sealed with a stone. The alien theory is interesting. Has anyone seen the rock carvings of the alien in Peru? http://www.ufoarea.com/aas_nasca.html The exactness of the pyramids is what gets me. The shafts that pour light into death chambers perfectly align with a certian star (the star that was where they were supposed ascend to after death) on the summer solstice. The length of the base of the great pyramid is the exact distance that the sun travels accross the face of the earth in one second. There are more of these, but I can't remember them off of the top of my head, I have a couple great books at home.
-
Happy Father's Day
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:58 AM) Here is a pic of my son...we are so proud He looks just like his mom
-
El Duque
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:56 AM) Like when Ozzie visits the mound and the pitcher tells him, 'yeah, skip, I'm feeling pretty tired, I think you should pull me now'? Isn't this what pitchers do? They say, oh, it's a little tight, but it's not too bad, I can pitch through it. They lie to themselves more than to the manager. That's why you have to rely on your coaches so much to detect those mechanical flaws that come with health problems, and why you never leave someone in b/c of anything he says. Duque's getting his $8 mil no matter what, and in all likelihood it's the last money he's gonna get as a pitcher. He was hurting somewhat, nobody knows how much, but he still thought he could contribute. I'm not gonna blame someone who wants to play hurt, especially when he's got nothing to gain from it personally. Big, big difference between being tired and being injured.
-
Attendance numbers...
The Sox average attendance today (24,206) is right at what they ended the season (24,437) at last year. Keep in mind this is without having the 3 Cubs sell outs, and the 6 Yankees/Red Sox games to go. Not to mention that we still have 5 half price Monday's left to go, and 6 pennant race games with the Twins. The Sox could push 28K average this year, by the time all is said and done. Even if you are looking at just a 12% increase (which would put us at about 26k) we are going to go over 2.2 million fans. Things are looking good on the southside.
-
El Duque
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:41 PM) KW and Ozzie are overreacting big time. They knew what they were getting themselves into with El Duque and the plan was for him to have 4 "rests" in the season. He's one of our big game pitchers and we're going to need him for when we face the Twins. They knew what they were getting themselves into, so just deal with it. I disagree fully. The whole team is built on trusting each other. If Hernandez isn't being honest with the team, we might be giving away games, that we could be winning. That isn't going to sit well with him teammates. This isn't about Hernandez being hurt, its about him lying to his manager and GM.
-
Lee - Pods a rare win - win trade
They talked to Kenny about this deal over the weekend, and that was exactly what he said about the deal. Supposedly he talked to Bob Melvin over the last week, and said it was a rare win-win, and that when Kenny made the deal he told Melvin that he was getting an All-Star in Carlos Lee.
-
Tailgating is my new hobby
QUOTE(drowninginflame @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:11 AM) We tailgated for the first time today and it was awesome. Got Drunk on our own beer and cooked up some burgers and dogs. We didn't spend a dime inside, I am tailgating any chance I get from not on. Speaking of which we are tommorrow and friday Tailgating is the best. Do yourself a favor and get to know the people around you, as it will make your time exponetially better.
-
Frank as a PH
Frank is a perfect pinch hitter right now. Heck as a DH he essentially has been pinch hitting 3 to 4 times a game for years now anyway. Plus as slow as he is running right now, it makes sense to PH him in a situation where you could put in a speedier runner late in the game anyway.
-
Happy Father's Day
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:15 PM) He already did the hardest part, founding someone that would breed with him I kid, cause I care Founding someone? How do you establish a person exactly???
-
Happy Father's Day
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:52 AM) My girls! I love the look on the older girls face
-
Pyramids
After the aliens got flooded out of Atlantis they built the pyramids in Eygpt.
-
Is Canadian health care all it is cracked up to be
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:01 AM) I disagree that waste and inefficiencies are unique or even more so in government programs. Listen to posters here rant about their employers. Look at the front page of executives going to jail and paying record fines. Look at the lawsuits against HMOs, private insurance companies, etc. Be one of the millions of Americans that cannot get health insurance, and see how great the current how much profit can we make based system is. The incentive to keep costs down is their budget is voted on every year. Unless we build a system that requires citizen A to only go to Doctor A, I don't see how the government would be the only choice. It would be the only choice in guaranteed payments to the Doctors. I would also envision people being able to spend their own money and visiting private Doctors as well. Insurance companies have profit as one of their primary responsibilities, tell me how that helps patients get the best care? If we cannot trust the government to cure a cold, should we trust them to execute citizens or what types of health care should be available and to whom? Its not really opinion, but economic law. Ineffeciencies are always more present in fields where their is monopolistic pricing models. There is no incentive to reduce cost, because of lack of competition, there is no pressure to keep prices down. They can put whatever price they want on it, because people have to have it, and there is no one to undercut their pricing.
-
White Sox vs Dodgers 6/19/05 Game Thread
I am soooo glad to see AJ in the lineup.
-
New user delurking to say hello
>Welcome to Soxtalk
-
Why is Hillary Clinton doing well in New York?
QUOTE(bmags @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 02:39 PM) thats how you become a conservative talk show host duh... You can leave out the "conservative" part. How many talkshow hosts are worth a damn?
-
Happy Father's Day
We have our ultrasound pic from last week, but we haven't gotten it on the computer yet. Sorry guys. Friday was the halfway mark for us. 20 weeks down, 20 weeks to go.
-
Priest unrepentent after crucifying of nun
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 11:06 AM) Good point. I was trying to point out that every religion gets perverted by mankind. I definately won't argue you on that point.