southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: FutureSox Board
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
- The BEST start in Franchise HISTORY
QUOTE(BlackBetsy @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:24 PM) Is there an easy way of getting these data - or did you go year by year through baseball-reference.com (or retrosheet) to turn this up. I did this on my blog, and had to go year by year. I cheated... it was on the back page of the Trib.- Sox Music...
I always liked having "runaround Sue" like the used to play after pitching changes. Also a good songs to have on any Sox CD are "My kind of town" and "Sweet Home Chicago"- 6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox
Also don't forget to make your Picks to Click... game starts in about 50 minutes!!!1- AL CY Young
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) Even if you don't want to admit it, there really is something to the "Win" stat - you're putting your team in a position to win the ballgame, and that means a lot to me, even if Buehrle's getting a lot of no decisions. I say Garland solely on the dozen wins. That would be my logic as well. Wins are sexy, and that's what the voters look at.- Time to Stuff the Ballot Boxes
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:02 PM) That is funny. A webmaster with a sense of humor- Boers&Bernstien Are Idiots
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) It probably effects the pitchers more than the position players. But you dont hear Houston, Florida, or Atlanta complaining about hot summers bringing down their players. The Rangers problems still revolve around their starting rotation, IMHO. Houston plays their home games in a Dome, so I knock them off of the list right away. Isn't Miami much more tropical in their temps? I didn't think they get the 100 degree heat daily, like Texas gets in June-September. Atlanta, I have no idea, as they seem to have pretty hot summers.- The Chronicles of Porkchop
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:54 AM) That is really funny. That kid shouldn't be allowed out in public.... I got licked by a stripper once. That was not funny. No way. Send a camera crew out with this kid, it would be funnier than any of that crap they call reality TV right now!- The Chronicles of Porkchop
Wait WinoDJ is a stripper?- Best Sox Pitcher in the Last 25 years
It would have been LaMarr Hoyt if he hadn't have thrown away his career for drugs. Right now it has to be Black Jack, simply because he went longer, but no doubt Buehrle will surpass him if he stays healthy and a White Sox.- Boers&Bernstien Are Idiots
QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:05 AM) You are dead on YASNY. I truly don't expect Texas to be in the playoffs. It seems to happen every year. It would be interesting to see an all-time breakdown of the Rangers record month-by-month to see how much of an effect playing in that heat takes out of the players. I swear it seems like they fade down the stretch every year.- 6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox
QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) Well done, SS2K5... I just heard the official lineups and you are right on. As you said, just swap Dye and Rowand and also Widger and Crede. Eh, I just figured you would put Widgers better OBP in front of Ozuna, instead of Crede. Oh well, I'll still pat myself on the back.- TSN fantasy source on Garland...start by start
That is awesome. The Iraqi information minister must have found new work...- The BEST start in Franchise HISTORY
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:35 AM) They were 30 games over after 40 games. Nothing similar about it. And IIRC 3 of those losses were put on the Kitties by our beloved southsiders... But that is neither here nor there, this thread is all about basking in the glory that has been our first 70 games. B)- The BEST start in Franchise HISTORY
Through 70 games 2005: 48-22 1915: 46-24 1901, 1907, 1919, 1954, 1990, and 2000: 45-25 Something to look forward to, best records after 80 games. 1901, 1907, and 1919: 52-28 1915, 2000: 51-29 1917, 1920, 1954, and 1957: 50-30 [steps back and enjoys the view]- 6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) Here is my line up prediction... Ozuna-SS Iguchi-2B Thomas-DH Konerko-1B Everett-LF Rowand-CF Dye-RF Crede-3B Widger-C Actually the more I think about it, flip Arow and Dye in the order.- 6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox
Here is my line up prediction... Ozuna-SS Iguchi-2B Thomas-DH Konerko-1B Everett-LF Rowand-CF Dye-RF Crede-3B Widger-C- Time to Stuff the Ballot Boxes
The Rich Daley machine has some work to do...- The Chronicles of Porkchop
Not a good one? That is f***ing hilarious. You can't make up stuff like that.- Doobie Brothers
QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:53 AM) Did you meet Joe Vallee, the Doobies guitar tech? He was an instructor at the guitar school I went to. Joe Vallee rocks!! Maybe. The techs/roadies all went separately in the tour bus. I did work with lots of those guys during set up/tear down, but there weren't really any intros.- Doobie Brothers
I was glad to see the Doobies out there, anything to draw more attention and fans to the team, in a positive manner. Plus they still do a pretty good show. I am a volunteer for a local county fair group, and I always help set up the concerts. The Doob's I actually got to drive back and forth to the hotel, and they were all really nice guys.- OFFICIAL SOXTALK TICKET SWAP THREAD!!!
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:05 AM) I agree. Great idea. This is kind of a test for it. If it goes well we might look at a forum for it.- Feel guilty for the polluting SUV?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:06 AM) And we can't forget "Yankee by Birth, Texan by Choice" We need a Texas flag smilie, bad.- Feel guilty for the polluting SUV?
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:57 AM) I sometimes wish it was. It is an extended cab with a full size bed. I need it for my business. Towing a 10 ton trailer takes some muscle. Down the road I may switch to a diesel. 10 miles to a gallon is tough to swallow sometimes. No gun rack. The Bush Farm and Ranch Team bumper sticker fell off when I got it. It does have a Boy Scout and Country music station stickers. And the obligatory "Proud to be Texan" sticker- Suicide By Super Glue
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:23 AM) We can't wait too long on this, now. They might be recalling their product as we speak. You gotta test him to make sure he isn't faking it... Hey Tex, they should close the US/Texas-Mexician border immediately! What do you think? - The BEST start in Franchise HISTORY