Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:37 PM) That's a good point, I still hope we don't pitch to him. We need to bury a fastball in his hip in his first AB. Get him uncomfortable up there.
  2. QUOTE(TheHammer @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:34 PM) I would argue that our 5 starters, Cotts, Politte, Hermy, Konerko, Everett, Rowand, Iguchi, AJ, and Dye have all been more important to this teams success than Podsednik. I think someone pointed out that we are like 7-3 when he doesn't play. No single position player is really that important to this team this season. Especially one with a weak bat and defense And almost half of the guys you listed there were aquired as a direct result of the money freed up from the Carlos Lee trade.
  3. This was just flashed on CNBC breaking news... links to follow.
  4. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:17 PM) Sacramento has a nice airport. I like what they've done in Vegas. Vegas was nice. Easy in, easy out, no problems.
  5. QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:07 PM) Shingo Takatsu. Its always the guy you'd least suspect. Why you don't f*** with Shingo Takatsu
  6. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:53 PM) I read the case and (parts) of the opinion by John Paul Stevens and I just about died. I'll give you that the parts may have been the juicy parts and out of context, but I don't think so from what I've read. I just can't see how property tax considerations gives a local government the right to excercise emminent domain, which is what this boils down to. The big problem I have with it, is that it can be used for private gain. Public good is one thing, profit is another. If someone doesn't want to sell, they shouldn't have to for a new business.
  7. QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:38 PM) Should have sent Heath Phillips up, he was on schedule and dominating AA since he got demoted. Of course he ended up getting rocked last night too. Has Jim been in the rotation since he got back from injury? Maybe they didn't want to disrupt the Bham rotation??
  8. QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:18 PM) Why the hell is this game during the day???? Stupid cubs influencing our game times...... some people have jobs, y'know!!!!! Too many people can't handle their alcohol so they try to minimize the time they have to drink before the games.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    You liked Detroits airport Soxy? By the time I got out of there I was ready to blow that place up... Damn I don't know if I have a favorite... MDW was easy to get in and out of, but supposedly has gotten bad. DFW I did like, but it was freakin huge. ORD is a disaster.
  10. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:32 PM) Remember when that guy called you a dick..... He was right
  11. QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:29 PM) Two pages on Schmidt, then three pages on Randa, then nine pages on Chavez, then one page on Schmidt rehashing everything said on previous Schmidt pages, then three pages on Randa rehashing everything said on previous pages about Randa, then three pages of people b****ing about reading the entire thread. Repeat ad nauseam. Which is better than a thread on Randa, a thread on Schmidt, a thread on Chavez, a thread on Castilla, a thread on Lidge, a thread on Oswalt,a thread on Moyer, a thread on Guardado etc ... to where there is nothing on the front page but "[insertmediaoutlet] hates the Sox" and trade threads, to go along with the day's game thread. The board will be much more user friendly like this, in the big picture.
  12. My big pet peeve is when you get to the groundfloor and people try to shove onto the elevator while people are still trying to get off of it. I am not sure what the hurry is because you aren't going anywhere until I exit the elevator anyway.
  13. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:18 PM) After looking at that, we are 1 behind Minnesota...that is due to change in the next 3 days. If the Sox average 39K a game, they will go over 1 million fans this weekend, and their average will jump to 25,718, virtually identical to the Twins attendance average of 25,720
  14. QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:16 PM) this thread is going to get way too unruly to sift through after about three days. Better one thread, than the whole front page of Pale Hose Talk. This is for the greater good.
  15. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:03 PM) I hate that as well, but in our building, you can get out on a floor, but can't get back in (unless it is the first floor than you can get in and out there). Our building is all security badged at each floor, so to get off at a floor, you have to be "allowed" to do so. The stairs are the sameway, except instead of only openning in the lobby, they open to the outside, and are impossible to get into to use going up.
  16. It is absolute bulls***. Property tax roles are not enough for preeminent domain. This ruling pisses me off to no end. Its one thing for an interestate, it is another for a business.
  17. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    I will say, during the trading day, I do like watching CNBC
  18. After seeing Pale Hose Talk littered with tons of trade threads, both real and imagined, we have decided to minimize the clutter that has come with it, and start a thread for all of the trade talk in one place. From now on all trade rumors and why don't we trade for so-and-so talk will belong here. Any new threads will be merged into here. The one exception will be is if the Sox make an ACTUAL deal, then we will have other threads about it. Until that point, please keep all trade talk in these confines. Thanks
  19. Too bad Nolan Ryan still doesn't pitch. Any guy who raises longhorn steer isn't to be messed with :
  20. That's a great preview. I mean you could have talked about the rivalry, or the players, or the injuries, or the history, or the best team in baseball, but attendance... yeah that makes a difference. I sure hope one of these years we win the World Series of Attendance. That trophy is priceless.
  21. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 03:01 AM) How does a guy with an era over 6 "probably much higher now" get promoted? It was a doubleheader and they needed an arm, Bull was on the right schedule. It happens.
  22. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 09:26 AM) He's trying to make the point that it's good news for Sox fans unless we end up royally choking,. Yeah, I know. I was just saying that baseball is a funny game, and things that you think are safe, might not be. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 09:26 AM) You're such a dick! See if you get a beer on the train :finger
  23. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 09:27 AM) It'll be too hot for beer. Looking at Monday's forecast, it might be too hot for anything more than one beer. This is going to be a brutal stretch of days.
  24. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 11:08 PM) I think I know why. Is it because... De-troit Sucks! ? QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 11:14 PM) Thank God, I can't stand anything about Detroit, the city, the team, the people..... Any heartbreak their fans suffer is great to see. These two posts said it best... f*** Detroit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.