Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/06/30/...s.ap/index.html
  2. QUOTE(Chisox_10 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:58 AM) spidale? or blakely? I am guessing he is referring to Daigle
  3. Shingo just needs to pitch regularly. That is all.
  4. If Aaron Rowand played CF last night, Brandon has his first ML win.
  5. That is laughable for a guy whose arm could fall off at any second.
  6. QUOTE(IndplsSoxFan @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:31 AM) Would it be possible to retire Shoeless Joe's number? Well, did they even wear jersey numbers back then? They didn't have numbers then. The mid 20's Yankees were the first to have numbers on their backs, and even then the number on their backs were corresponded to their spot in the batting order.
  7. WHITE SOX, f*** YEAH!!! Wow what a game. Even the next morning my heart is still racing...
  8. QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:51 AM) Yes please alex cintron ..please! As for jeff, again if he was so good he would be here. How much did he play in Spring training? Was he invited to the Big league camp? To me, there is something not right. His numbers are good but nobody except people on this board talks about him. There are pieces missing. hopefully he is great trade bait. It isn't that complex, he didn't pitch much because there wasn't a spot for him. At the time Adkins and Walker were both ahead of him, and that was with a full bullpen at the major league level. He was in the big league camp with the Sox, and got optioned to the minor league camp about halfway through the spring. And as for trade talks, who knows if his name has come up or not. The names that are going to get talked about are the big sexy names like McCarthy, Anderson and Sweeney. Every team that calls us is going to ask for one of those guys first, but no one really is going to pay attention when you start talking about B level prospects, because outside of people like us, no one really cares.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:23 PM) Collateral was surprisingly good. ^^^ That is pretty much what I thought too. I didn't expect much and came away pleasently surprised... it was a little cardboard and predictable at spots, but not too bad.
  10. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:49 AM) Thats possible, but I highly doubt they move a guy like Marte. Could they move Viz or Shingo in a bigger picture deal for a guy like Schmidt, sure, but I don't know why in god sakes the Giants would do that. If I'm the Giants, I'm asking for Bmac, Marte or another reliever, and one of Sweeney/Anderson/Young. If I'm Kenny I'd counter and do what I could, but thats if he's interested. Speaking of relievers though, I still can't see it happening and if he were to ever deal one of Hermy/Politte/Marte than he'd be getting someone else in return as well. However, dealing one of them to open up a spot for Brad Lidge is another story. You are right about having those guys waiting in the wings to replace a Viz or Shingo, but there are no options along those lines at replacing Hermy/Politte/Marte (when Marte is healthy). And to add to this, they are mentioning Arizona. Why are the Sox going to deal with Arizona? Are they going to give us Chad Tracy or someone like that (he could play 3rd along with Crede) cause unless they are going to do something along those lines, I just don't see anything that makes sense. I guarantee you they are looking at one of the Tigers relievers (Farnsworth may just be the guy). The one big name I could see the Sox wanting to get from Arizona is Alex Cintron. He is out of a job basically, and he plays 2b, ss, and 3b.. which would be nice for the Sox to have in one player. It would make Willie Harris and Pablo Ozuna able to be sent to the minors when Ross Gload comes back from injury. As for Jeff, look at the numbers he has put up his whole minor league career. He has had one stop in the minors where he had an era over 4. That's it. Last year his minor league era about about 1.50, this year its back lower than that. His numbers are awesome. http://tsn.ca/mlb/teams/players/bio/?id=51...e=mlb-white_sox
  11. With the way the pen is set up now, we really don't need either of these guys. We either need a 2-3 inning guy, or a flamethrower at the end of the pen. Neither guy really fits IMO.
  12. I call it the "Support the corrupt mayoral administration" Tax.
  13. QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 03:21 PM) Maybe this is why there is one gigantic trade thread, because the main board gets cluttered up with stuff like this ^^^^^^ OMG KEN GRIFFEY JR HOMERED, LETZ TRADE FOR HIM
  14. Sorry but this always kills me. We are talking about drugs made in the US, imported to Canada for cheaper than they will sell in the US, but they don't want American's to buy them.... They should just charge the Canadians what they do American's and see how long that vaunted health care system lasts. http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/29/canada.drugs/index.html
  15. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 03:08 PM) Did Houston win the WS that year? Could anyone guarentee that any trade will guarentee the Sox a World Series? Its all risk/reward. Houston as a middleish market team had to take a chance on the best pitcher in the game at the time to try to get into their small window at winning a title.
  16. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 03:04 PM) I read earlier that the rosters were possibly expanding to 14 players instead of 12, is this true? If I understand it correctly it will be more like hockey where you can dress 12 players out of a 15 or 14 man roster (I forget which) You won't have the faux injuries to keep 3 extra players around.
  17. QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:49 PM) I bet they bring Bynum in for a try out. He is a Chicago guy so I bet they at least look at him. Really do not need any gaurds but we'll see Looking at the Bulls roster, the last thing they will bring in is a point guard.
  18. QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) Makes perfect sense, but sorry I,ve no idea how to do it. Thanks anyway... Anyone else? Does it sound like something that is even possible?
  19. QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:29 PM) NEVER Just promise me that I get to be there if you ever tell Willie he sucks in an off the field setting. It would be so worth it to see his ego deflate like a needle through a balloon.
  20. QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:21 PM) can I come can I come! Please please! Oh I am so excited, a real ball player. Maybe we can all get a picture together. Be Willie Harris
  21. QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:00 PM) I noticed on a few blog sites that they had a counter with a link to this, Hit Counter Does thst help? We have a hit counter on the site already. Basically a group of us created a blog for people who all commute on the same train. We are kind of obnoxious sometimes and we routinely drive off tourists who sit next to us, but don't care for the conversation so they get up and leave. What I want to be able to do is that everytime we drive someone off, add another person to the counter total. Does that make sense?
  22. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:29 PM) Morality is subjective, and therefore there can be no standard – de facto or otherwise. There are some companies that believe it is good business ethics to insure that people get the same rights to employment, wages and benefits regarless of sew, race, orientation etc. In the case of the Disney theme parks, you are correct – it is a case where they are ensuring equally crappy wages for all low-level employees. morality is unquantifiable? That's unpossible!
  23. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 01:16 PM) Contreras: 3-4, 4.15 ERA (in the AL), 91 IP, 69 k, 1.25 WHIP, 1st place. Overall, better numbers than Loaiza except for ERA, which probably would be better than Esteban's if he was in the NL (rule of thumb - subtract .94 to convert from AL to NL). Do you think Contreras is an all-star? You could also throw out there his baa which was around .200 last I knew...
  24. QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:47 PM) What art package have you got? I have no idea to be honest. Its on blogger.
  25. I don't know if this is possible or not, but I want a graphic of a counter for my blog, that I can change myself relatively easy when I want to add more to it. Anyone?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.