Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:03 PM) I'm waiting on confirmation for this. No releases from the Barons or the Sox. I'm almost hoping for Baj to get traded to get a shot. I'm willing to bet if we do make a deal that he is involved, if this Jenks thing is true. I agree 100%, as much as I would hate to lose Jeff, he deserves a real chance to pitch at the big league level. If the Sox aren't going to give it to him, they need to send him somewhere that will.
  2. Bastards, this should have been Baj's call up. :fyou What more does the guy need to do to get a chance at the bigs? Hopefully he gets included in one of the deadline deals so that he can go somewhere that is willing to give him a real chance.
  3. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws
  4. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 06:13 PM) And before him, Reagan and Rumsfeld (not to mention US multinationals) Plus the US knew about many of the illicit oil sales -- so if they wanted to do something about that they could have. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/02/02/iraq.oil.smuggle/ Documents obtained by CNN reveal the United States knew about, and even condoned, embargo-breaking oil sales by Saddam Hussein's regime, and did so to shore up alliances with Iraq's neighbors. The oil trade with countries such as Turkey and Jordan appears to have been an open secret inside the U.S. government and the United Nations for years. The unclassified State Department documents sent to congressional committees with oversight of U.S. foreign policy divulge that the United States deemed such sales to be in the "national interest," even though they generated billions of dollars in unmonitored revenue for Saddam's regime. Which is the only country to procecute people for their involvement in the illegal sales to Saddam?
  5. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 03:34 PM) Who is WeibSocken?? I just offered them a trade..... I think that is Wite, IIRC
  6. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 05:13 AM) checkout the newest poster ( possible troll) screen name : CUBSRULE!!! Now check out his profile
  7. QUOTE(farmteam @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 12:17 PM) When's game time again? 6:05 first pitch
  8. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 12:21 PM) It would be so awesome to get him in but I would bet a lot that Jeter wins. The one thing the other 3 have going for them is that Jeter and Matsui could split the vote, and there are zero Red Sox on there.
  9. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 12:18 PM) That ESPN poll just discouraged me...alot Why waste your time on the ESPN poll? Vote 4 Pods, not a worthless ESPN poll.
  10. Come on Brandon, what better day to get your beershower than on Independence Day?
  11. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 11:31 PM) any chance i can change "benchwarmer" to "Member of PK Fan Club" or "Dynamite poster" Pick one.
  12. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 02:21 AM) It was worth a shot. Can't hate on a guy for wanting to go to school. Not at all. I wish more kids had the guts to choose education over immediate gratification.
  13. Happy Birthday gentlemen!!!
  14. Come on guys, this is much more important than those stupid Chicago team polls vs the Cubs. This is the All-Star game. This gets recorded in MLB history.
  15. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:47 AM) I just saw Clerks for the first time tonight. It's really incredible how good the writing was when considering how low budget this is. Kevin Smith really is a genius writer. Wow, you just saw Clerks? Have you seen any of the rest of the Kevin Smith movies?
  16. Just saw War of the Worlds last night, and will be seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory when it comes out.
  17. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 01:39 PM) Thats the thing, they don't need 2 lefties. Teams can go without them plenty of times. Walker is useless so why have him up just because he's a lefty. Ozzie is just sticking to someone he saw in Tuscon and thats not the best approach in this case. Wilder and Kenny both must know that Jenks/Baj are better options, even if they aren't lefties. Walker is absolutely pathetic and doesn't deserve to sniff a major league roster. Get up someone like Baj or Jenks who can at least help the club in this type of game and at the same time get their feet wet. Both of them are lightyears better than Walker, even if they aren't left handed. Hell, Arnie Munoz is struggling, but if the Sox want a lefty I'd rather see Arnie than Walker. Arnie has better stuff and well frankly he's not Kevin Walker. Arnie Munoz also has a ceiling where he could get better and learn something. There is a reason that Walker hasn't been pitching much in the majors.
  18. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:46 PM) Saw it last night! UNFRIGGIN'BELIEVABLE!!! On first viewing, I say it is easily one of the greatest films I have ever seen! Smack dab at the top of the Sci-Fi greats of all time. Putting this film side by side with the Pal original, man, what a pair of films to carry that title. The tri-pods were sooooo dang cool to finally see. Plus the sound they made is just chilling to the bone by the end of the film. The look of the killing ray and the disintigration of the people is just brutal! I haven't been this excited about a movie in YEARS! I was happy with Lucas and pulling off a decent close with Star Wars: Revenge Of The Sith, I was thrilled with George Romero and his 4th part with the wonderful Land Of The Dead, and I didn't have very high expectations for this film, aside from my loving Speilberg. But man, this film just CRUSHED those other two films, and to say that about Land is HIGH praise!!! Isn't the church scene exclusive to the Pal film though? I haven't read the book since I was a kid, but from what I have heard and I remember, this film is a VERY faithful adaptation of the book, period aside. I haven't read the book in 20 years, and went back and watched the original movie again today, so I can't remember if that is in the book or not. I just remember it being one of the key scenes. After rewatching the original, I am even more impressed with the new version.
  19. Has Kevin Walker been cut yet? :puke
  20. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:17 PM) I finally saw it and enjoyed it quite a bit as well. Good action scenes. There were some cheasy parts, but as a whole I liked the movie. I had to look past my dislike for Tom Cruise. I used to not mind him, but now I find myself calling him a deuche Good movie though, don't know if I'd say great...thats reserved for Batman Begins. Tom Cruise did alright, pretty much what I expected from him. The little girl in the movie was incredible. She portrayed the terror so well, and didn't have to give that shrill little kid cry to do it. She stole the movie.
  21. Saw the 6:30 show tonight. I LOVED it. SPOILERS BELOW!!!! I was disappointed they left out the scene in the church towards the end, but overall they did justice to the story. The other thing they changed was the aliens coming out of the ground vs coming out of space which bugged me, but again you have to adjust the movie for the 21st century vs the end of the 19th century when HG Wells originally wrote the book. They did a great job of reenacting lots of the key scenes, like the eye following them through the basement and fight over the pickup truck. Overall it was excellent. Spieberg did a great job capturing the panic and raw human emotion that went with the original. I was on the edge of my seat the whole movie, even when knowing exactly what was going to happen next. I highly recommend everyone who loved the original movie to go see it.
  22. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:54 PM) Did you stop over last night... ?? Yeah I was going to uh... walk the dogs... yeah that's it
  23. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:56 PM) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  24. Cross your fingers to hear those magic words.... "Houston, we have lift-off." http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/front/3248664
  25. http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...fox_interview_3

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.