Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) I think Politte has developed a taste for closing. He is nearly unhittable when runners are in scoring position in tight games. I would trust him no problem. AND, if Politte excelled, I would consider flipping Politte and Hermanson in their roles when Hermanson came back. Politte rules. I like the fact that we can use Politte at anytime from the 6th to the 9th inning, against another teams top RH hitters. I wouldn't want to see him closing with Hermanson around, just for that reason. Personally if I am Ozzie, I throw Shingo out there and give him a chance to prove himself again. After the season Takatsu had last year, he deserves a second chance at closing.
  2. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 04:32 PM) All those years I lived in Florida I never went into the ocean past my ankles. I would see my family out there and just cringe. I don't get the allure. Sand, salt, smelly, people going to the bathroom in it, sharks, etc, etc.. I'll take a pool over the ocean anyday. I don't go in lakes either. Ick. Would this be the wrong time to tell you that I peed in your pool?
  3. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:39 AM) For future reference, green is used for sarcasm. Not when it is that obvious
  4. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:38 AM) Funniest joke: Cub's payroll: $87,032,933 Cubs record: 39 36 .520 (2nd place) Closely followed by 1906
  5. QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:32 AM) I'm on other forums that add 'em all the time. I guess it's just not worth the effort in your opinion. Its not about the effort, its about the attitude of your post. If you want to have a discussion, that's fine, but if you want to post something like... ...you'll get just as assinine of an answer.
  6. for the Hermanson family. Also, right now it HAS to be Baj coming up for this time. Just let Jenks bide his time and show a sustained period of sucess before we bring him up during a pennant race. Baj has put up a couple of solid years, and doesn't have the mental issues that Jenks has.
  7. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:24 AM) There was a good article about BMac in the Trib this mornin...it seems that he at least understands what his problem has been; throwing his changeup for strikes. That changeup is the key for McCarthy, with it his curve ball and fastball both become out pitches, without it he's a 2 pitch pitcher with an average fastball and a good curve. Cooper's had more than a week to work with him, hopefully he's had the kid throwing a lot and working hard on throwing that changeup for strikes. Come on BMac, it's time. You've been with Cooper again for a couple weeks, get that changeup workin again and shut these bastards down. 1 good start out of you and we can slam the mouths closed on those guys who are desperate to sacrifice your whole career to get Schmidt for 1 season. I still say even if Brandon isn't ready right now, the biggest thing from him is soaking up the mental aspect of pitching from these guys. The technical stuff can be taught by most any pitching coach, but learning first hand what it takes to be a stud pitcher in this league mentally is the toughest lesson of all. Ergo my favorite part of this article is that BMac is sitting on the bench next to Mark Buehrle while MB is pitching.
  8. QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 11:19 AM) Softball? What's the matter with you? It's freakin' 95 degrees outside. Oh well, more PBR for your elders. Man up, Sissy!
  9. QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:46 AM) Separate. Trade. Forum. how hard is it Get your own message board and find out.
  10. Absolutely sweet. Incredible.
  11. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) She's gonna need to get her job back right? Come on Adam use ur imagination! illicit sex in return for her job. Quiet Porkchop
  12. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:50 AM) The way it was explained to me this morning.. recording AT the game is against the law.. recording it off TV is not because the station broadcasting the game has paid MLB for the rights.. but if you resell it from the TV recording that is also against the law. That makes sense.
  13. QUOTE(daa84 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:37 AM) agreed, i know ppl get pissed off at multiple threads talking about teh same thing, but the rumors thread is too big and should be branched off into one talking about schmidt one about burnett etc. that way we dont have to scroll through pages and pages of worthless crap to find what we are looking for The problem is that everyone with a guy that they think should be trading for, or might be on the block starts a new thread, and the whole front page ends up being covered with trade threads. It is much easier to navigate this way. Plus many, many people have requested it this way.
  14. My personal all time favorite
  15. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 09:25 AM) http://www.nraila.org//issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=78 Wow, they don't even need search warrents to search for guns, and they have no protection against self-incrimination? Wow.
  16. You all need to bring some SnR magic to McCarthy!!
  17. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:08 PM) That's what I thought.. Thanks Actually I believe stuff like that falls under the same category as taping stuff at home on your VCR. People are allowed to replicate it for their own usage. Previously the Supreme Court ruled that it was legal to tape copyrighted movies and shows off of TV, as long as they weren't replicating them and/or selling them. If it was for just your own viewing pleasure it was OK. I believe the way the teams get around it is by banning the equiptment itself from coming into the park (banning camcorders etc)
  18. Just because I have no idea... What do Canada's gun laws look like? What is outlawed, who can't buy guns, etc? Also does Canada have constitutional provisions protecting arms the way the US does?
  19. Here have a beer Well on second thought... maybe not
  20. From the look back at the last couple months thread... QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:22 AM) This thread proves why absolutely none of us should, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever think about getting into the gm business.
  21. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 02:22 AM) This thread proves why absolutely none of us should, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever think about getting into the gm business. Quote.of.the.Milenium
  22. Wait where is the question here?
  23. -1995 Indiana HS final 4 (Valpo vs SB Clay) as a broadcaster -1997 NCAA title game (Kentucky vs Arizona OT game) -2000 ALDS playoffs game 1. (Sox vs M's) -1996 ICAC day at the dome (broadcast college football from the visiting owners pressbox at the Hoosier Dome)
  24. This could help him on his road to Sainthood. http://www.nbc5.com/irresistible/4659988/d...382&dppid=65192
  25. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:07 PM) Wow. I hope they take it. I really do. They won't, though. I SOOOOO hope they do it, but you are right they won't. I just think it is hilarious that someone is trying this.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.