Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Soxtalk.com outing?
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:56 PM) How's game 7 of the WS, is everyone free? Game 7? It will be over in Chicago after game 2, and we finish the sweep in St Louis.
-
Soxtalk.com outing?
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:52 PM) You too? Well hell YES!!! Jason, notice he was much more excited when he heard I would be there :finger
-
Soxtalk.com outing?
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:50 PM) I'll be there Fri, Sat, and Sun of that weekend Sounds like I will see you on Saturday This time I am bringing a softball
-
PK Does It Again
QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:38 PM) Dude, its totally true, scotty knows that too.....trust me scotty knows we put forth a lot of effort, but he also knows people hate Jeter and the Yankees......he had just a little under 4 million votes in 3 days.....in the original ballot he had just over 1 mil.......so calm down He pretty much said the samething when he saw he was on the final ballot.
-
Thanks to Hawk & DJ
Welcome to Soxtalk
-
Bucks Seeing Redd Through 2011
Well Lebron is now 0-2.
-
London Bombings
Union Jack. We should add this to the smilies list as well, seeing as we have some Brits among us.
-
Podsednik to be on Carmen and Silvy
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 12:02 PM) Red Forman...the dad. "Root for the Sox, or you'll wear your ass as a hat" "Go to Sox games, dumbass"
-
hey, i am new here
Welcome to Soxtalk
-
London Bombings
Interesting story about Bibi Netanyahu changing his plans at the last minute... http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...in_explosions_1
-
London Bombings
Also interesting notes for those who follow the financial markets. The usual things happened in the overnight markets that you would expect after an event of this magnitude, stocks sold off, while gold and crude oil rallied a lot. But as the trading day has gone on, crude has actually gone negative, down as far as $2 a barrel at some points going below $60. Stocks have rallied hard from their lows, and the Dow Jones Index is almost postive for the day. The markets are giving a big fat up yours to these terrorists, its really strange to be honest. I expected panic and being busy, and the markets have been 180 degrees different. Weird.
-
Work dress code...
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:18 AM) I know this, one of the best things about working in downtown Chicago is casual Fridays in the summer. The eye candy is jaw dropping. Thank you, that is all. If there is one great thing about the hot summers, that is it!
-
London Bombings
QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 11:09 AM) It means bring your coffee on the train, read the paper and go to work like normal. The color coded system is meaningless cuz nobody cares. Besides, haven't we been at orange for a while now? Perhaps I missed it getting knocked back down to yellow before. To me an event like this only emboldens me. I will NOT change my daily life in order to appease a terrorist. That is exactly what I did after 9-11, and it is exactly what I will do when (not if) something happens here.
-
London Bombings
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) How can this people claim to be acting on a holy war, when they attack defenseless people that have nothing to do with their country and/or oppression? How holy is it to bomb defenseless people who are trying to get to work to feed their own families? For a nation of people who are trying to establish their identity in the civilized world, they ar taking steps back. Only savages and uncivil people would attack people in this way. ACtually from what I understand of Islam, these people are breaking their own rules, just like the Christians who kill in the name of God. The rules for Jihad are incredibly specific, and are very clear in that innocent people are not to be harmed at all, especially women and children. They also specify that both property and nature are not to be harmed either. If anyone has more speifics feel free to add to this, I am going off of memory from stuff I learned after 9-11 so I might be a little fuzzy.
-
London Bombings
The US just raised the warning level to "orange" for mass transit... whatever the hell that means.
-
Am I crazy, but is there any doubt....
The killer was Steinbrenner offering $1 million to anyone who had played with the Yankees as long as they picked a Yankee hat for the HOF.
-
POD's Girlfriend
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:07 AM) Is it possible at this point for Scotty to have a better life?? Wait until he gets his next contract
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 10:05 AM) Got my August 5th Sox-Mariners tickets with parking pass yesterday in the mail! Woohoo!!! Now to order 9/24/05 Sox-Twinks tickets!!!! That's our 5th anniversary... Enjoy it for us!!!
-
At least its not Timo
Dye looked like he had pretty soft hands on the groundball he fielded over at first base late in the game. The one thing I didn't like was that his eyes didn't watch the ball into the mitt.
-
Pods = All Star
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 02:00 AM) I just read about 30 pages of this thread ... and it was most of the most enjoyable Soxtalk reads I've ever had. This thread will definately being going to the archives with the 2005 season in review. This is what Soxtalk is all about..
-
Around The Majors
QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:41 AM) Astros have won 4 straight, Cubs have lost 6 straight, which means Houston is now in second in the Central and 5.5 out of the wild card, with 4 NL East teams ahead of them. W L Pct GB Atlanta 47 37 .560 - Florida 43 39 .524 3 Philadelphia 43 42 .506 4.5 NY Mets 42 42 .500 5 Houston 41 42 .494 5.5 aka... Lidge, Oswalt, and Clemens are going no where.
-
Happy Birthday BMac!!
Happy Birthday Brandon
-
Anyone going to Camden later this month?
We orginally were planning a vacation that included a trip to Camden Yards, well then a pregnancy changed all that...
-
Podsednik thanks the fans
Not a problem Pods, not a problem at all
-
Frank's homer last night
QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:22 PM) The shot last night had me hoping, but it didn't happen, so I still wonder........Who will be the first player to hit one into the fundamentals area? Realize that Joe Borchards HR that hit the concourse was about a section over in RF from the same spot in LF and that was 502 feet. You would still have to get more elevation to get it up onto that deck. I would guess you are talking a legitimate 550 foot HR or more. It isn't going to happen.