Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) Hu...?? Did I miss my designated "admin for a day" day...??? No no, you bought the last package
  2. Finally after all of these years, Jason said something funny. This is from the thread about the White Sox fantasy experiences.
  3. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) Personally I think the Soxtalk Fantasy Experiences are a better value Dinner with Jason (Chisoxfn) @ Mortons - Free - Cover his meal and travel expenses and he'll be there, whether he likes you or not Post like 2k5 for a day - $100 - For one day you can feel what it is to be the great Southsider. We will inflate your post count to greater than 2k's, so you too can know what its like to be Soxtalk's leading poster Become an admin for a day - $1000 - This is Soxtalk's best buy. You can become an admin for a day. See what goes on in the admin board, who do we gossip about, whose the next person to get banned. We even have pools of when certain posters will get banned Ban a Poster - Sox Tickets, Travel Expenses, and lots of booze - Fly all the admins out to Chicago, give us tix to a few games and buy us beer and we'll ban whoever the hell you want. Heck, if were drunk enough, we may even ban ourselves So come try out the Soxtalk experience....all money will go to a great cause (the admins pockets). Sign up for the 2k5 experience... with a baby on the way and a house on the horizion, I could use the money
  4. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:12 PM) tell him his seats suck then. And Willie Harris=MVP
  5. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:48 AM) I have a lot of trouble understanding this comment... How exactly is it that you can't imagine what it has to be like for Londoners right now? Both nations have suffered their fare share of terrorism. Londoners have probably seen more bombings, while the U.S. has seen more devastating attacks. It isn't that complex. I can't understand it. I have never been through a terrorist attack, nor seen a potential terrorist base raided in my hometown. I have never seen a train in Chicago bombed, or a CTA bus bombed, and I have never seen dead bodies and the panic of an attack up close. How could I understand it???
  6. And for those who didn't think Eminent Domain would be abused... this is news from my hometown, written by the Michigan City News Dispatch
  7. QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:16 AM) All I can tell you at the moment is what I've heard on the car radio today. This being that early this morning 6 houses were raided, one by explosive force, in various areas of Leeds. A number of houses were evacuated to enable the authorities to blow there way into one house . this house was in Beeston (overlooking Leeds United Football Club). From evidence found here they moved to other houses in Leeds and then Luton. We are now hearing unconfirmed news reports that there have been some arrests. That, unfortunatly, is all I know to be fact. I can't imagine what it has to be like for you guys right now. If you hear anything keep us posted if you can. Stay strong Sorry IIRC means if I recall correctly...
  8. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:52 AM) Maybe I'm missing something ere, but the Basque terrorists bombed Basque territory? The warning phone calls ahead of time also fit the Basque techniques. They try to limit the loss of life in their attacks.
  9. QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:55 AM) I think team chemistry is way over rated.. If the team is good they will win look at the 70's A's teams that team couldnt stand one another but they won 3 championships and the yankees teams of the past they did nothing but fight in the dugout... Also the Bulls team with Rodman and MJ,Pippen &Kukoc not getting along. If we got K Rogers I would root for him because he is on the Sox and hopefully he would be a huge part of us winning the series.Do not think KW will go out and get him I think all you have to do is look at the talent levels of the 2003 Sox and the 2005 Sox in order to tell you how important team chemistry is in this day and age.
  10. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:18 AM) I have to agree with Eye's putting it in this forum, though. ^ I got a laugh when I saw one of the sports shows that likes to yell a lot debating whether Poker was a sport or not...
  11. QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:08 AM) I wanted the Sox to get Rogers 3 or 4 years ago when he was begging for a job and noone wanted him. Then the Twins sign him and he leads them to a division title. I remember that we were dying for a fifth starter for years and he couldn't get a job - he kept signing a 1 year deal for about 1 mil. but Kenny was never interested. I doubt that he'll be interested now with all this nonsense added to the situation. Actually your info is really wrong. #1 Kenny Williams was interested. #2 KW offered him 1 year at 1 million #3 The contract he signed with the Twins was 1 year at $2 million. That was the smallest contract that Rogers has signed since before he was arbit eligible #4 He signed the contract with the Twins 2 years ago, before that he was finishing out a long term deal with the Rangers.
  12. QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:03 AM) Doesn't Bo come to Sox spring training still to be a guest instructor sometimes though? I think he has more continuing ties with us than the Royals. Also, I know Jose Canseco is not the most looked up to guy, but he speaks very highly of Bo Jackson in his book. He talks about how amazed he was with Bo because he was the only guy in baseball bigger and faster than Jose. Amazing because it was all natural.
  13. QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 06:17 PM) The story and ending in Saw was absolutely awesome, the acting was some of the worse ive seen since the last Keanu Reeves movie ive seen. The ending was horrible, and the acting was worse. I kept having people tell me how great the ending was and how you would never guess it. Well of course you couldn't figure it out because it didn't make any sense. I HATED that movie more than I have hated a movie in a long time.
  14. No there isn't unfortunately. I have the same problem, and am probably on the samekind of connection you are (T1 or higher). The vid avs suck.
  15. The Brits blasted their way into a house suspected of holding information about the attacks in Leeds. IIRC one of our British posters is from Leeds, right? If so tell us about this if you can from your perspective? It would be really interesting to hear. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/12...acks/index.html
  16. QUOTE(crash @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:41 AM) It's a woman's league, and Title IX is about a bunch of crap involving equality in sports. B/c of that s*** program, Illinois Urbana-Champaign doesn't have a men's swim team. BTW, Title 9 deals with college sports.
  17. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:35 AM) I'm taking the day off of work tomorrow so I can see the launch. I wish I could be there... One of the things I want to do before I die is see a launch in person. I spent 3 years during the beginning of the Shuttle program living about a mile away from JSC, and it was some of the neatest moments of my life to experience that stuff first hand.
  18. http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/20...afx2133718.html Dennis managed to disrupt an oil platform in the gulf that was scheduled to start pumping 250,000 bpd
  19. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:18 AM) He had one problem, thats it. And he was sorry for it. He was immersed in contract problems when a member of the pressed accused him of faking an injury. Thats hores*** to say that he is a problem because of one incident. So if he can't handle the Texas media, what makes you think he will be able to handle guys like Kotex-boy who make up lies for a living? Also with Scott Borass is his agent, what makes you think that his contract negotiations aren't going to go bad here? All of the problems he snapped because of in Texas would be just as bad, if not worse here.
  20. First I would soak it in like I have been all of this season, so that I never could forget what it felt like. Then I'd have to go back and read all of the irrational threads from the off-season and game threads, and laugh myself silly.
  21. As well you and Phil Rogers should be... Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen have stated on numerous occasions that they want to be careful not to disrupt the perfect chemistry on this team, and then they would go out and get a problem like this? No way.
  22. The launch of Discovery will be covered live by the networks http://channels.netscape.com/ns/news/story...0&w=RTR&coview=
  23. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:18 AM) SS2K5, put that guy on the terrorist watch list! In fact, all cub fans should be on that list. Believe me, he is right on top of the list. I believe in racial profiling when it comes to Cub fans.
  24. QUOTE(TimoandAaron @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:03 PM) PAT FOLEY is a bit better than the Hawk. 1 - Foley 2 - Hawk 3 - Bears radio guy. If you are referring to Jeff Joniak, you might well be referring to the worst announcer in professional sports. This guy has Friday night high school football announcer written all over him. He is HORRIBLE. I would rather listen to the 6th string CBS/Fox announcers than to listen to the "home team call". Pat Foley is as good as it gets. Professional, passionate, articulate, intelligent, and personable all at the sametime. I love Pat Foley, he is the only thing worth paying attention to with the Hawks right now.
  25. QUOTE(crash @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 12:13 AM) Maddux isn't that good anymore in the first half, and I'm a Cubs fan. I only root against the Sox when they play the Cubs. And they've beaten Big Z. Hmmm something tells me that you aren't going to be here long...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.