Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
July 2005 Posts of the Month
On yet another Jim and Quick discussion... QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:00 AM) JimH and Quickman They're like the Marx Brothers...if one of the Marx brothers was dead and the other two weren't funny. JK
-
Dream Aquistion
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:27 AM) and bacon? And Plushies?
-
Drinking on the fandeck . . .
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:21 AM) You already drank with him.. you should pick someone you haven't had beers with. Why? Carl was great. Bah, stupid poll rules :finger .... I pick AJ or the Soxtalk guys then.
-
Supreme Court Decision on Property Rights
QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:47 AM) Gotta get on the gravy train somehow, eh? You know how well local politics pays Here is my rough draft. What do you all think, is it too much?
-
Supreme Court Decision on Property Rights
QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:29 PM) I'm lucky to be in New Jersey. Eminent Domain has been a big deal out where I live for a long time... and being an election year, a lot of Dems are trying to make themselves look better by trying to restrict eminent domain rights of municipalities. There's movement on the New Jersey level, and its my assemblymen that are behind it no less. If you care about this issue, petition your alderman, legislator, state senator to take it up. Because its the only way to see it saved. I am starting the movement in Michigan City as we speak. I am working on a letter to the Anvil Chorus to challenge Oberlie and company to do something. This is going to be one quality fire and brimstone letter. Maybe this will be the kickoff to my budding political career...
-
AJ as clubhouse cancer?
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 08:08 AM) Oh hell no.. Willie aint worth anywhere near that!! 5 years?
-
Sheffield won't play in 'something that's made up'
QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:39 AM) I did not lose any respect for Gary Sheffield with that comment. Why? Because I never had any for him to begin with. ^^^ If I am a reporter, I just follow Gary Sheffield around and ask him stupid questions, because sooner rather than later he is going to say something ignorant.
-
Dream Aquistion
George Stienbrenners checkbook.
-
Drinking on the fandeck . . .
Carl Everett would be my first choice, that dude is hilarious. AJ would be on my list to as from the sounds of it, he has the same cynical sense of humor that I do. Also meeting any of the Soxtalk guys for a beer would be cool as hell. (Baj, Bull, Bmac, Cotts)
-
AJ as clubhouse cancer?
QUOTE(3E8 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:44 PM) That surprises me. You'd keep AJ over Buehrle, Hermanson, Thomas, Garland, etc.? That would have to be the case if he is your 'most valuable' player. Widger has an idential OPS to AJ with our staff having a lower ERA with Widge behind the plate and that dude was playing softball last year. I'm not saying Widge is better but come on. Has anyone of those players singlehandedly made multiple players better around them? What would be the net effect of having Ben Davis behind the plate for all of those games vs AJ. Tell me that guys like Garland and Contreras would be having the years they are having with Jaime Burke behind the plate. Tell me how many key hits that Chris Widger would have had if he was playing everyday. No one is denying that those guys you listed are important, but the guy that is most valuable to this team is AJ.
-
Are Any Of You Pissed?
The Trib called Pods "Moonlight". I like it, and I hope it sticks.
-
Blag-daddy earmarks money for Stem Cell Research
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:44 PM) The money was ear marked for research anyway, so I don't think this is a misappropriation of funds. . . Earmarked ahead of time? This is the Trib article today. It sounds like it was an endaround to me, and the only people who knew the money was there were two people. They never gave anyone a chance to vote on this, dispite knowing the controversy it would start. George Bush and company were taken to the matt with controversy when they tried sneaking a rider into a bill dealing with the IRS, but now things are seemingly quiet, dispite how this was done. Whether you believe stem cell research is right or wrong, Blago's techniques here were at very least a gross misuse of power, and I await all of the ethical screamings that accompanied the samething from the other side of the aisle.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:20 PM) My wedding dress arrived today woohoo lol. That has got to be a thrilling day for you... Congrats
-
Discovery Countdown has begun!!!
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:24 PM) The great Meg trip. Nope. PM. Post Meg.
-
Supreme Court Decision on Property Rights
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 03:40 PM) Congress is too ball-less and chicken s*** to even touch this. Constiutionally it isn't their place to do so. This a state and local level problem.
-
AJ as clubhouse cancer?
I hope that KW has a 3 year deal in his back pocket for our MVP.
-
Discovery Countdown has begun!!!
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 05:02 PM) I remember seeing a launch in 1986 from Daytona Beach - yes - you could see it that far. However, I would LOVE to go to the Cape and see, hear, and better yet, feel the power, of a launch. I saw a night launch from Daytona when I was down there in 1996 with the track team. It was about 3 am and it was awesome. I want to be on the Cape though.
-
Has anyone done any of these?
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 03:24 PM) So 2k5, how soon can we have this little schindig!?! As soon as the check arrives my man
-
TRADE THREAD III ~July 9 - July 15
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 02:51 PM) I think my whole perspective on this trade discussion can be summed up by these words from Gammons. That's an interesting twist and a good perspective on when the Yankees fell apart. The thing is you don't want to get 5 years down the road and look back and see Jon Garland and Dontrelle Willis at the All-Star game, meanwhile still looking for guys to fill their shoes. Tomorrows stars come from somewhere, and it isn't todays 35 year old declining players. There is a delicate balance here. If you aren't the Yankees you can't afford a $10 million starter at every position and you need some $500,000/yr starters to go with your $10 million/ yr starters. You can't just rape the farm system hoping to win today or you end up in a hole like Detroit, Yankees, Mets, Orioles etc, where it takes years to recover.
- I [heart] Spam
- This gave me a snicker...
-
Bringing back the 80's
And the winter of the Hollywood's discontent continues... Geesh, and they sound surprised when Hollywood keeps reporting declining ticket sales, gee I wonder why?!?! :puke
-
Home run Juicer Derby
QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 02:23 PM) Sosa was hardly what I would call scrawny. He was ripped. I'm not saying he didn't take steroids. He clearly did. Did you see Sammy when he got called up? He was scrawny.
-
London Bombings
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/050712/1/3tflw.html The first arrests have been made in Britian.
-
Has anyone done any of these?
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 01:17 PM) Sign me up! "Samuel Jackson beer! IT'LL GET YA DRUNK MOTHAf***ER!" I would proceed to ban everybody but me and the lady posters of SoxTalk.... You can paypal the expense money right to me...