Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. My favorite part Who is Greg Maddux?
  2. Just to update... This was from Saturday's Trib The attendance average is up to 26,505 after the Sox drew 105k to the park for the weekend series with the A's.
  3. More ammo for the anti-China crowd... http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt.js...8&date=20050711
  4. Fat and slow people who have to get up before everyone to get off of the trains first, only have practically have a heartattack while going up the stairs and slow everyone else down. What is the difference if you get off the train first or not, it is going to take you a half hour to get up the stairs anyway, let people who actually can walk the stairs get off ahead of you.
  5. Luckily Dennis lost some intensity in the last few hours before making landfall. This area was just battered last year by Ivan, and hadn't really recovered from that. It will be interesting for us to see if we get some of the rain and storms from the remnants of Dennis. It looks like it might happen, as supposedly there isn't much of a jetstream to push this to the east.
  6. QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:45 AM) The same thing a lot of fans criticized Lee for. No I'm not criticizing the trade in any way, just making an observation. There is no doubt that Pods is a terrible LFer who is blessed with terrific speed to make up for some of his mistakes. People have ripped Everett's ability to play D, but I think he has more ability to make plays out there than Pods does.
  7. QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:32 AM) We'd have Pablo... Not if he is playing 3rd for Crede...
  8. All of the people who wanted Crede benched... Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. BTW who was the poster who had the bench Crede, start Ozuna fan club in his sig? LMAO.
  9. QUOTE(wallyburger @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:32 AM) Besides being one of the dumbest, most profane, spittingest managers in MLB, Ozzie has the benefit of having the worst excuse for a bench coach. Is anyone responsible for waking Harold up during the game? What does Harold The Mope do, besides reload Ozzie's sunflower seed bucket? The holes in this roster were glaringly exposed this weekend. P.S. Really bugs my ass when I see the starting SS and CF on Mariners roster. And it makes me feel a lot better when I see our long term, cheaply signed #2 starter go out and pitch like a stud.
  10. White Sox, f*** YEA!!!! Damn this has been an incredible half season of baseball. It has been so incredible to see the Sox come together and have just about every player on the team contribute directly to the success level here. Now let's go guys and finish it!!!
  11. QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 10:47 PM) The idea of supporting a bad team is crazy to me. I work too hard to piss my money away. I mean, I wouldn't pay to see a bad movie (Gigli, Ishtar). I wouldn't go to the zoo if the animals weren't out. Why in the hell would I go to a game to see a crappy team? As far as bandwagon fans, they're completely necessary to any team being able to spend money. Without them, every team is small market. PS I have no idea how knowing who the director of marketing makes one a true fan. That's just dumb. You all are making my point for me... If your desire to see a game of White Sox baseball depends on depends on the outcomes of previous games, to me that is the very definition of fairweather. To me a bad day at the ballpark is better than a good day just about anywhere else. To me the team's winning percentage is secondary to the game and my enjoyment of being at the ballpark and watching my favorite team play baseball. I just don't see how you can say that you won't go to games if the team is bad, yet you aren't fairweather, when your only reason for not going is because the team is bad? What exactly is a fairweather fan if it isn't that??? Oh they are winning, we can start going again... Just because some label it as astute and smart doesn't mean that they aren't fairweather fans. The labels aren't mutally exclusive; you can be a smart fan, and still be a fairweather fan. And I truely believe that the Sox are the biggest bandwagon fans in sports. I know that Sox fans are plentiful, but they only show up when the Sox win.
  12. Somedays it is better to look at the thread-starters than the threads themselves... something are so predictable.
  13. I so wish they would omit timo instead of Willie. Sending Willie down leaves them without any speed off of the bench and makes Timo your first option to PR. :puke
  14. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 04:23 PM) Some of Matt Cooper's email to his bureau chief involving Rove. Reveals that Rove didn't at this point reveal Plame's name but he was trying to discredit Wilson's trip. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8525978/site/newsweek/page/2/ lot more at link Call the Grand Jury and lets get this going...
  15. AJ

    southsider2k5 replied to SkokieSox's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:31 PM) Hey...Frisco...THANKS FOR TAKING THE WORD OF TOMKO OVER AJ. I knew the moment he handed that $100 to Borchard in the Spring that i was gonna like this guy. Couldn't have said it any better myself. There is no doubt in my mind who our MVP is right now... and it is the guy behind the mask.
  16. QUOTE(osxfreak @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 01:37 PM) Does The Hawk actually get somthing for these? $$$$ That is??? Would rather let him profit from his saying then some guy on a corner street But then again, Shirts sound Cool... No Tickets to a game, but might have to head South to get me one now Trust me if it is some dude on a street corner selling them, Hawk isn't seeing a dime. If it were Hawks stuff, it would be in the Sox stores.
  17. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) Well, not to nitpick -- but the $130 mil is too high. First, the big thing, you added an extra zero. 10,000*1,300=13,000,000. Second, 2000 hours is too high -- Canadians work, on average, about 1750 hours per year. And you took the high end of the $4-5 range. So it could well balance out, even considering the health care savings by their present value. Just saying. Yeah, my math was bad Do Canadians not work a 40 hour week? What accounts for the 10%+ amount of work that Canadians don't do over American's? Also in that respect how many more Canadians would it take to do that work then with the lack of hours worked? Also nice caveat at the end of that, assuming that health care will stay at presant value. Health care has been rising at a double digit clip forever now.
  18. QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:58 PM) this is your third thread man cool it down, but i agree he will stop them, and hopefully we can score some runs off their pitcher Guy, we have mods for this kind of stuff. If we have problems with a thread, we will let people know... If the thread bothers you, just ignore it and it will go away. All you do by posting is legitimize it.
  19. QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:11 PM) I do this to the Bears, and I did it to the Sox. And I consider myself a better fan for doing it. If my team isnt in 1st place, or going to playoffs, I wont pay to see them. They arent worth the investment of my dollars to see a crappy team. The perennial 2nd place teams rarely earned my dollars and I havent been to a Bears game (dont want to until they win). I go to Sox games as often as I can when I dont have work because theyve earned to right to my dollars. Thats not fairweather. To me that is the exact definition of fairweather fan, no matter how you justify it. If you won't go except when the team is winning, but you aren't fairweather... what the heck is a fairweather fan???
  20. My first advice would be to ask people here if they know of any... then I would try Ebay and/or Stubhub... and last chance is day of game releases.
  21. QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:13 AM) To be fair, the article does also say that "Toyota turned its back on hundreds of millions of dollars in subsidies offered from several American states in favour of building a second Ontario plant." If true, those incentives may nearly balance out. Balanced out to the tune of about $1.5 billion over ten years when you factor in Canadians are forced to pay their own health care costs? Somehow I doubt it. Their subsidies to build the plant today might have been higher, maybe even significantly higher, but I doubt they come close to the $130 million a year in perpituity that Toyota would be saving according to their own numbers. All this is, is the corporate world forcing American's to pay their own health care costs through higher taxes, dispite the label of "government" health care making it sound like we are getting something for free. With the trillions of dollars of profits that corporate America makes off of their employees backs I think 10k a year towards the health of their employees isn't that big of a deal.
  22. Too bad for Kelly. He was always a classy dude while he was here.
  23. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 06:04 PM) I have it, I need to be meaner. But, I did get to Polka with an 80 year old at the Ukrainian fest! Top that! I spent 3 hours at babies r us registering :sleep
  24. I am sure it is nothing to do with this... Or this... By my calculations not only does Toyota get the $125 mil from Canada to build there... They also are going to save $10,000 an employee by making the employees pay their own health care through Canada's higher taxes, which by my math makes Toyota save $130,000,000 per year in employee costs in Canada (1300 employees x $10,000[$5hrx 2000 hrs worked for typical employee year]). Higher training costs my ass. But I am sure it was just how smart Canadians are... :rolly We as employees make companies rich by contributing billions to their bottom line, and we as American's are greedy to expect them to actually contribute what they promise to pensions, or to pick up some of their employees health costs... f*** that, and f*** Toyota. It'll be a cold day in hell before I ever own one.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.