Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
The Gooch
QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:11 PM) If gooch is batting when pods is on he makes many sacrifices. Taking a pitch so pods can run so many times gooch ends up with just one good chance to hit the ball. Hitting 250 avg in front of pods I think is unbelievable.. Gooch is also being fooled by changeups which he didn't see in JAPAN. Also when umpires give an extra inch or two on the outside corner and the ball continues to break outside another 2 or 3 inches it is impossible for him to hit. Example Maddux non strike curve balls umpire like to call strikes against us. Your first point is another excellent point. Being a GOOD two hole hitter means taking pitches that you would usually attack in order to give your leadoff hitter a chance to steal a base.
-
Sandra Day O'Connor retiring
Interesting op-ed in the Trib yesterday about the history of this court.
-
What is the price of gasoline near you?
QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 09:44 PM) About $2.45 here...I keep putting in $10 every other day hoping it will come down sooner rather than later so I can fill up but no such luck the past few days. Unless crude falls to about $50, gas isn't going down until at least Labor Day. As a matter of a fact if crude stays around $60, don't be surprised to see gas go up about another quarter a gallon in the short term.
-
Jackson Sued Over Beatles Library Finances
Even if Paul doesn't get the catelog back, get it away from Michael Jackson... The sheer memory of "Revolution" being used in a f***ing Nike commercial boils my blood to this day.
-
Legal?
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 04:15 PM) I guess I am a b**** (me thinks Brian would agree with you lol). If someone would keep their damned promise (either dad, godfather or Brain), I might learn how to drive with a manual transmission this lifetime. Guys love a girl who can drive a stick
-
Hurricane Dennis packs a punch
BTW that rain... say Hi to Dennis. The old eyewall is stalled over southern illinois right now, it will be interesting to see how long the storm keeps its westerly track, and when exactly it begins its journey eastward. The All-Star game could be a washout tonight under the right scenario.
-
Bandwagon Fans
QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:24 PM) Excellent point. Well said. And DukeNukeEm....I understand where your coming from. I dont have too much money to give out for free either lol. But cant you argue that when a team is down, that is when they really need the fans??? Then the arguement changes. People who started out by saying that they didn't go because the team wasn't winning is different than saying I don't have a lot of money so I can't go. It doesn't change my POV that a fairweather fan lets the team dictate whether he goes or not.
-
Boone to Minnesota (Official)
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:15 PM) Ha, I don't blame you one bit. I don't think anybody in their right mind would blame you. This kind of makes me giddy. It almost seems like a desperation move... Its a lottery ticket. If it hits, you got a winner. If not, you throw it away and start over again.
-
63 yr old prostitute hanging it up
QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:14 PM) f***ing quitter.... ^^ Porkchops hero.
-
The Gooch
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:11 PM) The point about him giving up outs to Pods is a very good one. Either way, he looks way better than willie harris ever did... I was just noticing a downward trend. You are looking too much at the numbers and not enough at the games in front of you. I would be willing to bet that there is a direct inverse correlation between Pods OBP% and Tadahito's BA. The more often that Pods is on base, the more often that Tads gives up an AB to move him over. Ever since Pods average has climbed closer and closer to .300 it seems like Tads is giving up at least an AB a game to move him over. If their were justice in MLB these would be deemed SACs just like a bunt would, as it has the same affect, but it is not, and counts as an out, just like when Willie failed to get Pods over. The difference being that Tads moved him over, and gave the middle of the order two chances to gets Pods in from 3rd. For Iguchi the least important stat out of everyone you can give me is his batting average, and it is just for the reason that I just outlined.
-
Patterson & Dubois Sent to the Minors
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 12:36 AM) ^^^^ I don't think they'll let him fester in Iowa. He'll be moved. I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to see Ozzie have a spring training with KPat and see how he turned out...
-
Harry Potter site gets author a golden ticket
- Sox and Roll Sunday
QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 10, 2005 -> 11:46 PM) Getting drunk and cursing about the White Sox. So basically a game thread with music- Congrats Sox/Sox Fans
Thanks for the nice post Jim. The biggest compliment you can ever give to an opposing fan who posts on their rivals board is that you never knew they were a fan of that team, and I can't say how many times I have seen that exact comment made about you. You hold yourself with a ton of class, and are always welcome around these parts.- Discovery Countdown has begun!!!
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050710/...SHUTTLE-DC.html :usa- Attendance Trends
QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) I think people will be gobbling up a lot of tickets...2.5 would be awesome and I think possible! Like I said in another thread averaging 2.4 million would be near impossible. 2.4 mil people would be 30k a night. In order to that we would near to average 33,5k to balance out the 26.5k we have averaged at the halfway mark. It is possible, but difficult when you factor in the most we can get into a game now is about 39k. I think about 2.25 million is where we will end up for the season.- Your favorite 1st Half Memories...
57-29, 9 GA of Minnesota, best record in baseball.- What is the price of gasoline near you?
$2.25 again. It went from 2.25 on Thursday to 2.49 on Friday right back to 2.25 on Sunday. And honestly I don't know how gas isn't closer to $3.00 a gallon with the way that crude has gone up in the last month.- A White Sox election heist
It was awesome to see Sox fans come together and work so hard to win that.- War of the Worlds..
Excellent post Kid. I think people who have ripped on the WOTW ending aren't appreciative of the history that it came out of.- Why is Ronny Woo Woo Wickers at the Cell
Bandwagon.- Attendance Trends
QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:27 AM) We need to get that average up to 28,000-30,000 by the end of the year 28K is a pretty likely number... 30k would be difficult as we would have to average about 34k in the second half to do it.- Attendance Trends
Another note from the weekend, the Sox drew over 7800 people as walk ups for Sunday's game alone.- Pet Peeves
I dispise cab drivers and just about every ignorant driving method they use. They were all complaining they didn't make enough and needed a fare hike, what they needed to do was yank about 5000 cabbie medalions and make the rest of them actually follow the rules of the road!- Pet Peeves
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 10:06 AM) Stupidity is the inability to learn. Ignorance simply means that you simply don't know something. Its possible to be both stupid AND ignorant but you can be ignorant without being stupid. Ignorance is willful lack of knowledge, that has always bugged me waaaaaaaaaaay more than people who just can't learn. - Sox and Roll Sunday