Spod=Ratings

121 members have voted

1. 1. Bandwagon Fans

• Cand Stand them
    • Try and Avoid them
    • Dont hate them or Like them
    • Like them
    • Whatever gets people to the games

I've seen a lot of guys who have jumped this year,and i was wondering your thoughts on thats,. I personally cant stand them its just annoying when people dont support the team and then when they are good say i knew it i love the sox..even the people who were sox fans but when they got 2nd last 3 years they weren't seen now they are in 1st they are all coming out...whats your thoughts

Edited by Spod=Ratings

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
hate em, because I like it when the park is almost empty, its easier to get places, easier to get sweet tickets, and the beer line is shorter.

Of course! Less money for the teams betterment, more Cubby fans trying to throw attendance in our face, and less money to get better stuff around the Cell! YES!

:headshake

Love them, because I can't pay to keep Buehrle around...and enough of them working together could.

And no matter what they tell themselves...they know in the back of their mind that they're bandwagoners, and I know in the back of mine that I've sat here and watched collapse after collapse...just waiting for us to be the team at the top, while they haven't.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:45 PM)
Love them, because I can't pay to keep Buehrle around...and enough of them working together could.

And no matter what they tell themselves...they know in the back of their mind that they're bandwagoners, and I know in the back of mine that I've sat here and watched collapse after collapse...just waiting for us to be the team at the top, while they haven't.

:notworthy

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:43 PM)
Of course! Less money for the teams betterment, more Cubby fans trying to throw attendance in our face, and less money to get better stuff around the Cell! YES!

:headshake

Shake your head all you want, I go to over 40 games a year, and I dont mind when there are less people there, sorry buddy.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:39 PM)
Hate them with extreme passion

^^^

Quick Bandwagon Fan Quiz

1.) Name atleast 20 men on the current 25 man roster.

2.) What was the White Sox starting rotation in order the first week of the season>

3.) Who is the current closer of the Sox?

4.) Who is the Starting 2nd baseman of the White Sox?

5.) Who is the V.P. of Marketing for the Chicago White Sox?

6.) Who is the current Utility man on the White Sox?

7.) Who is Kevin Walker and does he suck?

8.) Is Timo Perez underpaid at $1mil?

#5 will show how closely you follow the team for sure.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:49 PM)
Shake your head all you want, I go to over 40 games a year, and I dont mind when there are less people there, sorry buddy.

I got no problem with that. I want starting an argument or anything it was just a real bonehead comment. Your 40 games, although it is 40 more games than me, does not equal 30,000 fans at every game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:50 PM)
^^^

Quick Bandwagon Fan Quiz

2.) What was the White Sox starting rotation in order the first week of the season>

I Passed with flying colors :headbang

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:50 PM)
^^^

Quick Bandwagon Fan Quiz

1.) Beurhle, Parkay, Ventura, Osuna, Ozuna, errrrrr...........uuuuuuum.

2.) Garcia, Burley, Contreras, Hernandez, Contreras

3.) Shingo Takatsu

4.) Ray Durham

5.) Brooks Boyland

6.) Mark Grafanino

7.) Kevin Walker = Reliever, awesome!

8.) Yes

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
I got no problem with that. I want starting an argument or anything it was just a real bonehead comment. Your 40 games, although it is 40 more games than me, does not equal 30,000 fans at every game.

Amen. I go to 50+ - but pay for ALL 81 thank you very much - I don't care who's sitting next to me rooting or how long they've been rooting. I pay attention to the game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
^^^

Quick Bandwagon Fan Quiz

yes, this will do the trick. though i think #1 would get most of these idiots. its also known as a cubs test, because about 95% of their fan-base can't name 10 players without saying sammy sosa.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:54 PM)
Amen. I go to 50+ - but pay for ALL 81 thank you very much - I don't care who's sitting next to me rooting or how long they've been rooting. I pay attention to the game.

Hell yes! :gosox3: :headbang BTW, for those who want to critiwue me on the few games I go to, I'm 15, have no job, car, or tickets. My 1st game this season will be on the 24th of July vs the BoSox. I start traffic on Monday and will get my liscence/car on August 27th. When I get a real goddamn job, My ass is buying season Tix! :headbang

Edited by SoxFan1

I don't mind bandwagoners. If we end up winning anything, we all know the real fans get ALOT more satisfaction out of it.

I know all of my friends that are the real fans and all the ones that are bandwagoners.

I went through it during the Illini run this year, it sucks dealing with the idiots. But real fans get so much more out of it.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
I don't mind bandwagoners.  If we end up winning anything, we all know the real fans get ALOT more satisfaction out of it. 

I know all of my friends that are the real fans and all the ones that are bandwagoners.

I went through it during the Illini run this year, it sucks dealing with the idiots.  But real fans get so much more out of it.

I got a lot out of the Illini run this year.. Thoughts of Brian in the fetal position on the Allstate Arena floor still bring a smirk to my face.. :P

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Hell yes!  :gosox3:  :headbang BTW, for those who want to critiwue me on the few games I go to, I'm 15, have no job, car, or tickets. My 1st game will be on the 24th of July vs the BoSox. I start traffic on Monday and will get my liscence/car on August 27th. When I get a real goddamn job, My ass is buying season Tix! :headbang

I'm 22, and can remember the days of being 15 very easily. I recently graduated, and now attend every game I have the chanec to. However, enjoy the days of being 15, with no responsibiliies and bills...

go sox.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:59 PM)
I got a lot out of the Illini run this year.. Thoughts of Brian in the fetal position on the Allstate Arena still bring a smirk to my face..  :P

:lol:

he was alot worse off than me because he saw that team grow through 3 years. I was spoiled my first year.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:59 PM)
I'm 22, and can remember the days of being 15 very easily.  I recently graduated, and now attend every game I have the chanec to.  However, enjoy the days of being 15, with no responsibiliies and bills...

go sox.

A-MEN!!!!!!!!!! :gosox3: :headbang

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Hell yes!  :gosox3:  :headbang BTW, for those who want to critiwue me on the few games I go to, I'm 15, have no job, car, or tickets. My 1st game this season will be on the 24th of July vs the BoSox. I start traffic on Monday and will get my liscence/car on August 27th. When I get a real goddamn job, My ass is buying season Tix! :headbang

when you can drive to games yourself, things change.

I used to go to 1 or 2 a year when i couldn't drive.

Now average around 15.

Having a job helps too :lol:

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
when you can drive to games yourself, things change.

I used to go to 1 or 2 a year when i couldn't drive.

Now average around 15.

Having a job helps too :lol:

Or friends who can't use their tickets sometimes.. :ph34r: