Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
In depth statistics
ESPN.com has lots of stats for individual players like that. I don't know if they have team stats like that though.
-
Bobby Jenks
QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 08:25 AM) I had the same discussion with my friend this morning. All those fast balls were up...which is good in that, hitters can't catch up to them, but it is bad cause a patient hitter will take the walk. My friend said he was around the strikezone and that's all he needs....I disagree...I think ya need to throw that fast ball for a strike at least once an at bat, but I don't want to really judge him on one inning anyway. I loved his stuff though. He could've been pitching up cause he was amped. I'm anxious to see his next couple innings. I'm not worried about his problems in the past...gimmie a break...he was in his early 20's. The key for a guy with a good fastball is to work up the ladder. Start at the belt, go to the letters, and if he is still swinging, go to the shoulders. The nice thing for Bobby is that he has a brutal curveball he can start up in the zone and drop to move the hitters eyes off of the high fastball.
-
Iguchi's boosts don't go unnoticed
QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 01:13 AM) He always, always, always gets the job done getting scotty over to 3rd. He's been a perfect 2 hitter, I can't even imagine where we'd be this year without him and Scotty, they've been absolutely fantastic at the top of the order. Look no further than last nights game for how key Tads is to this team. Twice he hit the hole on the right side, trying to move Pods along.
-
This one pisses me off
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 07:14 AM) Look at the thread title ... then look at this: What's wrong with this picture? Like I said, in the original post, for the Chinese to say that about the UNOCAL deal they had better armor-plate their glasshouses...
-
This one pisses me off
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:55 PM) Well what is your theory? I keep hearing that explosive growth in China's economy is driving up demand. War. How much oil are we using to support two separate war efforts involving something like 250,000 troops, not to mention all of their equiptment, including ships, planes, tanks, hummers etc. This has got to be a huge drain on energy supplies. I really would be curious to see in a vaccuum how much this affects the demand curve, which is the lone reason for the run up in prices.
-
London Bombings
Previously unknown Al Qaeda group claims credit for attack
-
Bobby Jenks
My take on Jenks... He looked like he was having problems getting the fastball down in the zone. The Rays were anxious and swinging at them, but a fastball like that is hard to resist, especially with the amount of movement he has on it. I could see that if you get a more disiplined team, he would walk some guys.
-
London Bombings
for everyone here. I am hoping for the best.
-
Nice shoutout!
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 09:48 PM) Audio Clip of the Shoutout Major Props to Mike for sending this email in and props goes to Kalapse for recording this and sending me the mp3 file of it. Definately owe a big thanks to Kalapse for capturing that file and transfering it to MP3 format. Like I said, you all deserve tons of credit. I really believe without you guys who voted their asses off, we'd all be b****ing about another Yankee on the All-Star team. All the credit goes to you guys.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!
What a night!!! Awesome
-
How much did Pod win by?
Pods got just under 4 million votes. I don't know what Jeter got yet.
-
Nice shoutout!
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:54 PM) I have successfully recorded the audio file. Please email me the file!!!!
-
Nice shoutout!
That was awesome guys!!! Seriously I wanted you all to get your props. I will swear til the day I day that you all got Scotty Pods on the All-Star team. Don't thank me, thank yourselves
-
Fighting the government
An update on this story... The guy took $4 million and ran. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/06/everglade...t.ap/index.html
-
TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8
QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:57 PM) yes I brought that up earlier in the thread and the genious Jim shot it down. I am so pleased others like yourself think the same way I do!! HAH I'm still not convinced that Ross Gload is healthy, and/or is going to be able to stay healthy. He obviously was rushed back before, and it doesn't seem like they gave him much time for the type of injury that was desribed.
-
Happy Birthday Mr. President!!
Sounds like George is having a rough birthday... this blurb is currently on Drudge
-
This one pisses me off
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:42 PM) The terror premium is part of it for certain but another issue that I keep hearing is that the supply capacity and demand are roughly balanced right now and any disruption.......or potential disruption......( oil is up almost 1.70 a barrel today because of some weak tropical storm which is making its way through the Gulf of Mexico ) causes the price of oil to get bid up. This is from Rick Santelli who does coverage of the commodities and bond markets from Chicago for CNBC. Back to your point though, are you referring to the fact that the government isin't serious about alternative energy at all? Alternative energy is only as good as the people who are willing to use it. There is not much appreciable demand for it, so it flouders in this current enviornment. Supply disruption fears are a product of extreme demand. It is mostly causation of the fact that we are at capacity. Anything causes supply disruptions now, whereas historical when you have spare production capacity, you just switch to the spare capacity. Right now you don't have that luxury, so something that 5 years ago wouldn't have mattered, now gives speculators a chance to run up the price of crude. The question that no one is asking is why are we at capacity? I think I know why, and I wish I had a way to test my theory.
-
Frank's homer last night
Are you guys kidding? 30 Hrs in about 3/5 of a season? 20 HRs would be a huge accomplishment for the big guy. 30 Hrs would put him at about 50 Hrs for a full season, which Frank has never really been that close to doing in a full year (I believe 43 was his high). The HR pace will slow, and the average will rise as he gets comfortable.
-
TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8
QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:42 PM) Ok then who do we get back if viscaino goes, this would make sense especailly if jenks can prove he can pitch. The Sox could use someone who plays 1st/3rd, such as Alex Cintron, who is out of a job there. They could also use a 1b prospect to possibly succeed Pauly if he leaves after this year.
-
Around The Majors
Fun stats... The Cubs are 6-21 when the opponent scores in the first inning, including 3-19 in the last 22 times.
-
TRADE THREAD II ~ July 2 - July 8
QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) Bullpen help. And maybe a wayward chick from Starbucks. Bullpen help no doubt. A guy like Vizcaino would be the Dbags 8th inning guy.
-
This one pisses me off
QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:33 PM) War in the middle east. It makes sense that this spike is worse than the last one because of the "terror premium" I mentioned before. You are right on the first part. On the second part, think differently. I am taking you guys down a road that neither party has had the guts to talk about. Its not terror premium I am talking about here.
-
Frank's homer last night
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:28 PM) I seem to recall Frank insisting that he was a power hitter last year or the year before, and that he would sacrifice batting average for bombs. Any chance you think he may be taking advantage of the ankle situation to continue this approach at the plate? ....just asking....put down the torches and the rocks..... HE'S A WITCH, BURN HIM!!!!!!
-
Pods = All Star
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 02:25 PM) ^ I was wondering what's the possability that MLB would add Jeter despite Pods recieving more votes? With injuries and Kenny Rogers situation, it is entirely possible that the loser will still make the team.
-
GAME THREAD 7-6-2005 SOX vs FISH
With all of the Pods-steria, don't forget to make your Picks to Clicks! The contest remains really close, and there are a lot of people who are very close to the top. Things are still WIDE open, and the numbers of people who are playing have been dropping, so that could open the door for some people. Remember a really cool prize will go the winner. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36079