southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
AJ Burnett News
QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:47 PM) Find me some relievers ( can you find any left handed?) that over the last three and a half years ( time marte has been with the sox) has an era of 2.57 and held both lefties and right handers to a .201 baa. Have fun. Thank you.
-
Sox to be on ESPN again
A little more national exposure
-
Hurricane Emily
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) See the yellow line as it moves inland? I'm about halfway from the symbol and the cost directly on the yellow line. I am about 50 miles from Brownsville. The biggest worries I will have are torrential rains and tornadoes that will spin off the hurricane. Well, that and my ability to log in and post I may have to call Kap and have him read me all the threads. It is a little scary looking at the map and seeing a straight line to my house. I guess paybacks are hell for my how many times FlaSoxxJim was going to get hit thread So you are still in the Harligen Valley? I was down through there as a kid on a vacation. We basically went beach hopping all of the way down from Matagorda Island off of Victoria Texas where my Grandpa lived, all of the way down to S Padre and into Matamoros. I loved it down there.
-
Tickets are getting harder to get...
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) When I was talking to Tex, I told him that you KNOW the Sox are going to win it this year. You know why? Because that baby's coming during game 6 or 7 of the World Series and you're gonna miss it. So, in the baby pool, I want the date for game 6. All I can say is TV in the delivery room, if not I have my am walkman...
-
AJ Burnett News
QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:33 PM) I would rather keeps Cotts than Marte. That brings back some memories... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=19297&hl=cotts http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=19762&hl=cotts and my personal favorite... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...=32235&hl=cotts
-
AJ Burnett News
QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:17 PM) Alright, this is a stupid question, but is it Beckett or Burnett who gets freakin blisters every other game? Beckett is the blisters. Burnett is the bad elbow.
-
Tickets are getting harder to get...
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:16 PM) Tony wants to know how you guys pee They don't pee... they tinkle
-
Hurricane Emily
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:05 PM) It sure looks that way. He's about where the TS inland logo is. Personally, I'm hoping it will curve north. There's a weak low pressure sitting over southwestern Texas that might spin it north... It'll take more than a weak low to move it. Hurricane's make their own weather by and large. Heck even the remnants of Dennis did their own thing up here, even moving east for a while.
-
We are Stuck With Willie&Timo
QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:05 PM) I don't think Gload would really ruin any chemistry. He played with these guys in Spring Training and at the beginning of the year. It just doesn't make sense that they have Deadweight Willie on the bench. I haven't heard a bad word said about Gload ever. Right now he just doesn't fit into what the team needs, he is way to one dimensional with the shoulder injury.
-
NASCAR being sued as a monopoly
http://www.voluntarytrade.org/newsite/modu....php?storyid=62
-
US lifts Canadian beef ban
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/14/us.canada...w.ap/index.html
-
Tickets are getting harder to get...
This is all good news. I wish I could be there more often... I'll have to make sure to remind my kid for years that this is all her fault as she grows up
-
Hurricane Emily
Tex how far are you inland? You might get your wish...
-
Trades are Flying now.
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) If Thome was healthy I wonder if the Phils would be as willing to deal him. The guy has produced during his tenure in Philly and my guess is he will continue to produce. As long as his back is still alright (and this injury isn't related to it) I'd have to think some teams would take a flyer on him. He'd be an impact pick-up assuming he'd be healthy enough to play down the stretch. Still he won't fit on the Sox. Not this year at least. I'm not thinking of this year in terms of Thome. I am thinking of the next 3 years.
-
Stepping Up
QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:50 AM) No, I like it fine, it just seriously slows down the PC when scrolling thru the posts, no other user avatar does that. Don't know why, but it definitely slows it down big time. Hey Jim, get off of Quickman's Tandy!
-
Trades are Flying now.
Wow would Thome be an incredible pick up. The thing would be that we have payroll room because we would pick up 8.75 million just by not bringing back Konerko. At that point we are only looking at about $6 million extra a year. Plus that gives us some legit lefty thump in the middle of the line up.
-
Best UTL guy Available?
Tony G would be a perfect addition, too bad we probably won't deal with KC.
-
We are Stuck With Willie&Timo
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) Gload can be used once a week to spell Konerko. In a late inning, he can pinch run for Konerko. He's not fast, but he's probably twice as fast as Konerko and can score from 2nd on a base hit. He can come in later as a defensive back-up because he's a great defender. We could also use a PH like Gload. Konerko isn't going to sit once a week. Probably closer to once a month.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
-
Wedding Guest Shot
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:30 AM) LMFAO... I think you still have all that crap from 10 years ago that you stole from me while you were drunk off your ass... so give her back her silverware. Now you know that was CHIP!
-
Oh boy...
I can't wait to get rid of my Cingular service. It is the worst service I have ever had. I get infinately more dropped calls, and no signal problems than I ever did when I had Nextel.
-
Wedding Guest Shot
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) Considering the time before that when they were with us the Missus was making me Cosmo's and I don't remember the entire second half of the Superbowl... I can only imagine.. I told you we don't have your silverware NOW LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
-
Novak told Rove about Plame and Rove admits to
The last 3 points are all predicated on the assumption (while probably true) that everyone knew who Plame was, and everyone knew that Rove told these people about Plame. That is a big leap of faith until there is proof of who else knew that stuff.
-
The lockout WILL BE OVER TODAY
Something else that has leaked out, the NHL also has a tough new drug policy. First offense is a twenty game suspension or about 1/4 of the season, just like the NFL. Second offense is 60 games. http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2108304
-
We are Stuck With Willie&Timo
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 10:01 AM) Dye, Rowand, Pods, Everett, Timo, and Harris/Ozuna (to an extent) can play the OF or have shown that they are passable out there. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why we need Gload to be able to play the OF. It makes me just think that somebody doens't like Ross. Why bring a guy up who can only play one position so he can play like once every two weeks? Konerko is going to play almost everyday, so needing him at 1B is a joke. All he can do is PH and play 1B. He can't run, he can't throw, and he can't play the OF. Just from a utilitarians point of view, Gload isn't nearly as helpful as some other guys. I have to laugh that everytime someone doesn't get called up, someone hates them. We need to get a tinfoil hat smilie.