Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Mags Best Player I Have Ever Play With
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:46 AM) Of course he does. As he's said several times he wants the focus on him and his comments. Not his players.. Paul just can't help himself. And Frank?
-
Supreme Court nomination could come soon
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...1800017_pf.html
-
Mags Best Player I Have Ever Play With
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:39 AM) Ozzie has plenty of quotes in there too, that is in the Trib version where they printed the whole story. And actually after rereading the article Frank Thomas has quotes in there about Maggs as well.
-
Mags Best Player I Have Ever Play With
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:33 AM) I'd agree no one else is talking about it. No one else cares.. no one else has quotes about maggs in the papers.. just Paul. :rolly Ozzie has plenty of quotes in there too, that is in the Trib version where they printed the whole story.
-
Cliches
Your mouth is writing checks your ass can't cash.
-
Mags Best Player I Have Ever Play With
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 08:23 AM) On one hand we dislike players who avoid the media and never give interviews. We love the guys like Barkley who will answer any question. On the other hand, I shake my head that Paul would have answered that. He should have broken out a tired cliche like "he's just another player on another team". Actually he pretty much did. PK also said this at the end of the article
-
Shingo to the Dbacks by today?
A Shingo deal makes sense sadly. Ozzie refuses to use the guy for long periods of time, and he is essentially a waste of a roster spot right now. We might as well get something for him. I am holding out hope for somekind of a deal to get Alex Cintron, but I doubt that will happen.
-
Cuban to buy cubs?
QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:28 PM) It said in the article he wants to buy the Pirates. If he bought the Cubs, MLB would have 2 teams w/ corrupt business: The Cubs and the Yankees. That would at least make sense. From a business standpoint, the Cubs are worth as much as they are going to be worth. As with Cuban's purchase of the Mavericks, he would be looking for something he could get some value out of. He would definately be looking at the perpetually downtrodden teams where with some changes their value could potentially explode.
-
ESPN Preseason Power Rankings
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 12:18 AM) Well its looking like I was wrong on the Santana/Radke aspect, although how much I don't know. I still think Santana is awesome though. Buehrle has just really stepped it up and Garcia is definately pitching more like he's capable of. Basically put though, for the most part I think my commetns were pretty accurate. I think I have been relatively dead on in terms of my El Duque assesment and than in regards to one of Contreras/Garland needing to step up for the Sox to really take off (which happened). I was also one of the people always preaching that the Sox didn't lose near the offense that experts claimed they did (specifically power). Hell, I'm thinking Soxtalk should write a column for ESPN At least we know it would be factually sound and acurate
-
GAME THREAD 7-17-05 SOX vs INJUNS
QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 11:02 PM) Anyone else here suddenly wish Youngstown Indians was still around? He would have done just like the Indians fans did at the Jake, and quit showing up once they started losing anyways.
-
Attendance Trends
QUOTE(Soxfest @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 03:48 AM) NO excuses from JR or KW not to spend the money anymore I'd respond with all of the facts, but you wouldn't listen again, so I won't waste my time.
-
Another failed Sox prospect
And I always thought apple was the only juice you needed to be on as a clown...
-
Mags Best Player I Have Ever Play With
Much more interesting is the rest of what he said. This tells you a lot about the questions that they asked, and what the DH left out of their article. This is from the Trib. I couldn't have said it any better myself. They don't care about Maggs, they care about beating whoever they are playing.
-
FBI Monitoring ACLU, Greenpeace
I don't know why they are monitoring the ACLU, but with all of the illegal and dangerous activities that Greenpeace undertakes, I have no problems with them being kept tabs on.
-
Batgirl on ESPN.com's page 2
QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:59 AM) Confession, so many times in emails and other communications I look for the green and realize, s***, it ain't Soxtalk. I like her. I shared a few emails a while back and she's funny as hell. If she was a Sox fan we'd be lining up at her koolaid stand. If she ever came down here, I'd buy her a kool-aid. She might not root for the WHITE Sox, but that doesn't make her any less funny. And for people who complain about b**** Sox, can you honestly tell me you have never used a stupid nickname to describe another team? And you have never used something like a gay joke to refer to Cub fans? If so you might want to check your reflection in the mirror.
-
My Rules for a Trade
QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 09:52 PM) Quite right, but I meant moreso the tandem to raise the point that maybe the scariest potential postseason tandem presented is the one of the White Sox. The only one that really comes close is the Astros. I'll tell you what, as hot as they are, Zito and Harden could be real impossible to hit come October.
-
The "Official" EAT CROW Thread
A couple of days ago I went back and found all of the Neal Cotts sucks threads and those were a great laugh. It is funny how many people want to hate a guy after such a short amount of time. Even funnier than that are the players like Cotts and Garland who guys gave up on and wanted traded are carrying this team in 2005. When you look at some of the other players in their same positions right now, you know you just have to be patient with guys like Bajenaru and McCarthy and give them a REAL chance to learn the major leagues and contribute.
-
My Rules for a Trade
QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 09:49 PM) Yeah, but Schilling/Pedro are no Schilling/Pedro this season, either. Pedro has been awesome. Schilling has been a non-factor.
-
Attendance Trends
The 4 game series against Boston is over 132,000 tickets sold ( 34k/game) and the Tigers series has sold over 86k (just under 29k/ game) Yeah we could make it to 30k average on the season and draw those 2.4 million people.
-
Red Sox ~ Yankees
The Yankees and Red Sox played this weekend? I guess I was too busy watching the best team in baseball sweep a 4 game series on the road to notice...
-
Whitesox article
QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 09:40 PM) I vote for a night where we play the twinkies in minosota. Good idea.
-
AJ Burnett News
Keep this in mind. The White Sox are not in panic mode. They do not have to make a deal. They are in the drivers seat. There will be no kind of deal for a guy like Schmidt or Burnett where mulitiple key players for the Sox get traded for either a guy with mediocre numbers, or a guy who is over the hill.
-
Whitesox article
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 17, 2005 -> 09:03 PM) It doesn't matter who it is, if the Sox make it to the Series... that will be one kick ass October... /runs and checks on additional bandwidth... We need to have a "crash the server" night, where we pick a road game where we see how many people we can put on this site. We will really see what this server can do.
-
Young Canadian girl gangs...`
http://www.canada.com/vancouver/story.html...bf-62feff174091
-
Tiger Woods
So in all 4 of Jack Nickolus's final majors, Tiger Woods won each of them.