Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. When we get a date, you all will be the 2nd to know... For now, just prelimary interest based on a probable week night patio party with WSI is all that's needed. No firm commitment is needed as of now.
  2. QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:25 PM) The Sox website says: U.S. Cellular Field Capacity – 40,615 I thought it was around 38,000 since they cut the upper deck off, but... They were at 39,600 I believe for the Cub games, so I would say just under 40,000 seats is about right.
  3. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 01:06 PM) It drives me up the wall! I usually sit through the entire game without going anywhere that isn't my seat. And I hate missing the game. I definitely think there should be some kind of thing that the ushers won't let you go down the aisle during an at bat. Definitely common courtesy. I am the exact sameway. I hate leaving my seat during a game. If I do, I hustle up to the bathroom and get back ASAP.
  4. Brooks Boyer recently emailed both Soxtalk and WSI to see if there would be interest in doing some sort of a joint Patio Party and/or group game together. We kinda kicked around the idea between the admins and mods, and it seems to be something that could be fun. We don't have details yet, as we are in the early stages of talking about this, but I wanted to check with you all and see just a guess how many people might be interested in something like this. Now just off the top of my head I am going to guess it will probably be a week night game, as ticket sales for the rest of the year have been really high, and that might be the only thing left. I don't know that for sure, but just a guess there. That being said, who would be interested???
  5. http://wgntv.trb.com/news/weather/weblog/w...ther/?track=fif
  6. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Hannah Storm would have to be the announcer for the game.
  7. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:35 PM) Though KW keeps trying to get Carl Everett back as well, it just the GM refuses to call KW back..He can't figure out why that is. Yeah Carl Everett, the guy with the 2nd most RBIs on the team... he really sucks.
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:32 PM) His numbers when he was playing almost everyday in Sept. 04 were by far the best numbers he put up. He was adequate in the months before that coming off the bench, never having his average drop below .250 in any month. He hit .299 against Righties, and a whopping .425 against lefties, from the left side of the plate in 04. Is that considered favorable conditions? So we are basing his ablity to start on one month of starting? Eep.
  9. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:24 PM) The only downgrade would be in power numbers, every other statistic would go up, including defense. That is assuming he would hit for the same averages playing everyday instead of being matched up in favorable conditions coming off of the bench.
  10. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    What Would Jesus Do?
  11. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) You really don't like Gload much, eh? When healthy Gload is a great utility guy, and a solid PH/defensive replacement. As a starter, no, he would be a huge downgrade.
  12. And now for the Beatles portion of the soundtrack Rain Fixing a Hole Helter Skelter Yellow Submarine
  13. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:06 PM) ....but AJ ended up on the team with the best record in baseball. And I am not complaining one iota about him being here either
  14. QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:05 PM) Since he will be the starting 1bman here next year(Or atleast he better be), he deserves to show what he can do now. Ross Gload will not be the Sox starting first baseman in 2005, mark my words. Even if Paul Konerko does not come back, Kenny Williams will go out and get a real first baseman.
  15. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) In terms of greenpeace/ELF, etc. Yes, ELF is a terrorist group. They have hurt and killed people, and many of their members should likely face at least charges of conspiracy. But just because there are terrorists who are environmentalists one should not conclude that all environmentalists, or all leftists for that matter, support those terrorists. And in no way should they... Groups like the Sierra Club I have no problem with, they follow the law, and there isn't a problem in my eyes. Greenpeace has routinely broken the law, and I have no problem with them being watched... Even more so in the case of ELF.
  16. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Here's a quarter, call someone who cares.
  17. [Puts on tinfoil hat]
  18. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) Again, I see your point and how it might apply to the average man. But Maggs has how many millions of reasons to not give a f***? Assuming Maggs puts up good numbers and decides to leave Detroit, do you really think his little media tussle with the Sox will hurt him? That's naive. It didn't, but it can. Just ask AJ.
  19. QUOTE(fry the twinkies @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:35 PM) They're already free from So-So's contract. They payed Baltimore $16M to take So-So. There was even an article in Tribune business section that that payment hurt 1st-quarter earnings. So which years budget did that affect?
  20. QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:05 AM) It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls Which we all know is permanently in Tex's CD player..
  21. There is one simply reason that Adkins will be up here over Baj, and I said it before, and I'll say it again. They don't want two rookies in the pen down the stretch run.
  22. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 11:31 AM) In response to your 1st paragraph, your answer might be No, but for other it's a HELL YES. People do it every day and for far, far less money. And my response would be that they reap what they sow as well. Those people will never get good reviews or recommendations by burning their bridges, and they will never have their old bosses or customers respect, just like Maggs.
  23. QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) I cannot argee more with you.. Let me ask the Board this.. IF you were offered double your salary to do your job and competitors work place woudl you honestly say no? And for those that would not.. please put the crack pipe down sober up then answer the question! I Know I get s*** here, for being right and making a couple of bad calls, but people let this thing die already, Jesus fa-king christ. He plays for Det who cares..Worry about the Sox not SX sox people who did the exact same thing we all would do in his situation. But the question is would I lie to and about my former bosses to other potential employees and customers? Would I cover up certian things that are vital to the ability to preform my job to the ability that they are paying me for? If you are going to paint analogies, make them apt. For those who want to make the Maggs thing, just about the money... it isn't. Do you see threads about people wanting to boo anyone else from the Sox who contibuted, yet left through free agency? Did Robin Ventura ever get booed when he came back here? Did Harold Baines ever get booed? No, and it is because they handled things like professionals. If Maggs would have handled his business like an honest adult, everyone would still love him around these parts. Instead he got exposed for what he is.
  24. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:56 AM) I've seen a couple of reports that the Red Sox and Twins are working on a Mueller for Romero deal. Yet, KW says that AL teams are not willing to help the White Sox. Seems to me, the we might have the respect of the competition in the AL, if not the Eastcoast Sports Programming Network. I think it is more of a matter of how teams match up. The Twins always have a surplus in the pen, while the Red Sox have Kevin Youklis who is the next "thing" at 3B. I am sure if we were offering an equivilant pen pitcher (Marte or Cotts for example) that Boston would be talking to us too.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.