Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:29 AM) The sox definitely need a long man in the bullpen, someone who can eat innings, keep the team in the game and throw strikes when he gets in. Bmac makes sense. Esp as he's struggling a bit [in AAA and in the bigs]. Having him around the big league club [working with Cooper, et al, and having success a few innings at a time] could help get him back on track. It might only be a temporary thing. Then again, if it works out, having him up here throwing zeros for the club isn't a bad thing, even if it's from the bullpen With Hernandez on the DL, there is going to be a minimal need for a long guy. This is a mistake for Brandon, if we are going to go with 4 starters, we need to go with a guy who is a reliever, and let Brandon get his innings at AAA.
  2. southsider2k5 replied to Y2HH's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(ISF @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:38 PM) "Speed never slumps" Speed hit .244 last year. I'd call that a year long slump. I like what Pods has brought this year, and I was skeptical for a long time. But anyone bashing Lee as abad fielder needs to pay attention, because the past 2 years he was a better fielder than Pods will ever be. Lee can throw you out. Pods cannot. I throw harder than Pods. Pods has had several plays this year where he didn't even move on a hit ball until it was way too late to make a play. Pods has brought a new dynamic to this team. A very important one. I'm glad we have it. But to suggest he's an improvement defensively, or to insinuate we lost in previous years because we had Lee is ludicrous. We lost in previous years because our bullpen sucked, our 5th starter sucked, and we played poor fundamental baseball. Nobody could bunt worth a s***. Carlos Lee is contending for NL MVP right now, and I for one am happy for him. I wish we still had him, he's a hell of a ballplayer. I wish we could have traded someone else. I wish we didn't have the dumb ass budget constraints that forced KW to jettison him in order to dump salary. Speed doesn't = batting average. Speed = 70 stolen bases.
  3. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:58 PM) Just because we might not have been caught doens't mean that we didn't deserve what we got when we did. Exactly. The whole, "it ain't wrong til you get caught" theory is half the problem with the country today.
  4. QUOTE(ISF @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:46 PM) Then send him down. We're not doing him any favors by having him on the bench. He did well for 4 innings and then made a mental error in a bad situation. He'll learn. Get him out there now while we can afford for him to take his lumps. Its only two extra days, it doesn't make that big of a difference in the grand scheme of things. If its me, I make Brandon sit on the bench in between Mark Buehrle and AJ Pierz, and talk about nothing but the mental aspect of pitching.
  5. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 04:26 PM) I don't see 2642 posts as something to be proud of. Most that number is just fluff, useless posts that are posted for no reason but to raise post counts. I'm not including Knightni in this or even Jabroni but there are a few people on the board lately that have been posting crap. ^Irony
  6. All right, all of the other stuff has been edited out, please stick to Mr Stark, thank you
  7. http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwheels/..._pay/index.html
  8. You guys need to work on the All-Star team instead...
  9. Stop the presses, Rich Daley weighs in with his thoughts.... I would think he would be kinda busy with the indictments and the like flying around City Hall, and the potential collapse of the O'Hare expansion. http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=3502171
  10. I went ahead and joined... hopefully I didn't take anyones spot.
  11. QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:05 PM) Take away Southsider's posts and that number drops to 8. Surprisingly I was barely on yesterday. Knightni had almost 200 posts, and Jabroni had 150. I had 50 posts yesterday, and only had the 10th highest total for the day. What is more impressive, a new Soxtalk posting record, or me not being a part of it????
  12. Seriously, when Frank is elected, if we are still all here, we should organize a bus trip to Cooperstown.
  13. 2642 posts yesterday. I guess the old saying about not being able to look away from an accident is true. The post total from yesterday destroyed the old record July 28, 2004 when we totaled 2367 posts. No one can say you guys aren't prolific
  14. Glad to see they convicted him of something. Too bad it took this long to happen.
  15. That is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Somebody should fire the GM who put that s***ty team together. :puke
  16. QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:05 PM) Wait, wouldn't HSers be able tp play anyway, considering they would be 19 by the time they play in the NBA? If no, this would be effective this year right? So no HSers to the draft? You have to be that age by the day of the draft, not the start of the season.
  17. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) Is there going to be a ticket release before this weekend? Usually there are some reserved tickets that get released. With our season ticket base being so low I can see that they sold all 3 days out bases on a combo of season tickets/ozzie&minnie plans. If it is going to happen, it will be the day of the game, and it will be at the stadium box office. Good luck.
  18. Now this is a Darwin Award.
  19. Is it full? I'll play if not...
  20. southsider2k5 replied to kapkomet's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) Wow, Laazdotcom was here and went. That quick! Fastest ban in the west Not sure why the guy wastes his time spamming here... He should get out of his mom's basement more often.
  21. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:41 PM) Please Jim, retype that again. I didnt get it the first billion times it was written If only it wasn't necesary for that to be posted all of the time
  22. Nice job hi8is!!!
  23. One more interesting thing I have not seen mentioned on here, which I heard on the radio broadcast last night, was that because Hernandez neglected to tell Oz and Kenny that he was still hurting until Sunday, Brandon threw a side session on Sunday at AAA. I wonder if this was affecting Brandon's arm last night?
  24. Da Mare was at the game last night as well. Glad to see he left his Cub hat in Atlanta.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.