Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Maggs Rumor
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35420
-
Jackson Verdict is in...
Thank this guy for getting Jackson off... or we could put this in the old "Worst Human's" thread http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/news/0506/15a.html
-
Sorry fantasy GM's, Sox not ready to deal
Ozzie also defends Crede in there. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines
-
my absolutely last thread on Garland
QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:49 AM) Well to be fair the inning would have been over if Kong gets the ball out of his glove.. Not to mention that Clarks 3 run "homer" was nothing but a medium fly ball. Garland threw the ball fine. His sinker wasn't as sharp as it has been, but he literally had to have the entire ball over the plate to get a strike called, which never happens in this day and age. Then when you factor in two poor defensive plays, it is easy to see how the numbers lie once again. On the surface it shows that Jon gave up 6 runs and had 3 walks, in reality he probably should have been something like 7-8 innings with about 2 runs against.
-
It's Official
QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:32 AM) I would love to know who would do the pre&post game next year. any ideas I'll do it!!!
-
Mr. Decision?
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:31 AM) Also I got the impression that the Sox weren't to thrilled with the inconsistent strike zone yesterday. Yeah pitchers are supposed to get used to it, but when it seems like every other pitch is a close call...you start wondering. Actually I thought the turning point in the game wasn't Franks HR, but when Ozzie started yelling at the ump from the dugout about the strike zone. It seemed like almost immediately Russ Ortiz's strike zone shrunk to meet Jon Garland's strike zone.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:21 AM) I'm thinking about making the trip with a sixer of Pabst even though I don't have a ticket--just to see ya'll. Who knows. Plenty of room for all!!!
-
It's Official
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:25 AM) Correct me if I'm wrong, but MVP still has the Irish for collegiate athletics. Also, don't be so sure they won't make a run at Blackhawk hockey if contracts and such allow. Is that an MVP contract or ESPN contract? I know they are also on a local station in SB.
-
Woman could be arrested for keeping ball
Don't some families have anything better to do?
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:05 AM) valuing your job over soxtalk is not the soxtalk way. right southsider? oh yeah, steff too. Word
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:12 AM) See ya next week! Or next user name, whichever comes first.
-
Runaway Bride 2..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:59 AM) Hijacking jerks.. NEXT STOP CUBA!!!
-
Fired for blogging..
QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 11:04 AM) But would it get me *fired*? We could make sure of that...
-
Maggs Rumor
I have a crazy theory... if you don't want to play for a team that loses, don't sign with a team that hasn't had a winning record since 1993. You reap what you sow Maggser. You valued money over team, you got your money now. I hope you rot in that cesspool until your contract is out, and they never see the light of .500
-
Runaway Bride 2..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:08 AM) Uh. no. That's not at all what I said. And correct me if I'm wrong but did the players involved in fact get punished..? I was referring to kap's "analogy" saying that fans still supported the team after the incident. Of course they did.. there are other players on that team that got them where they are today. Because of 3 or 4 idiots the fans should have stayed away...? So I suppose because of the 3 or 4 idiot fans that caused trouble at Comiskey the past 3 years all fans should stay away..? :rolly I misunderstood your initial response then...
-
front page of the wall street journal
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:04 AM) I had the same problem last year, because of work and weather, I just could not commit to games in advance. There should be some kind of 'frequent walk up buyer' incentive. Actually something off of the top of my head that could be interesting... why not get something like a store card system like the grocery stores use for something exactly like this. Everytime you buy tickets day of game you get your card scanned, and after say 7 games, you get vouchers for free seats in whatever section you buy tickets in. Rules would be something like whatever increment you sign up to buy tickets in (2,4 etc) is how many freebies you get, and you get into what ever section of seating you pick to buy all of the time.
-
Durbin compares servicemen to Nazi's
QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:58 AM) More context: Here's the full relevant quote: Yeah silly me what was I thinking. He wasn't comparing servicement to Nazi's at all. Only George Bush is a Nazi. I should know better than that by now.
-
Runaway Bride 2..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 10:00 AM) Again Mike.. why are you asking me..? I don't agree with them getting a free pass. Based on your first response in here it sounded like that was what you were saying. They shouldn't get punished because it would harm the team, when in fact regular people get punished for the samethings that athletes get away with everyday, no matter what harm it inflicts on their "team" (family, company. etc)
-
The Cell sucks
This has all the makings of a fun thread...
-
Everett, Sox host Oak Lawn HS team
QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:55 AM) Is this Brooks' job? Should he be the one that calls ESPN and Fox and whoever else? Maybe we should start a letter writing campaign and attach local press stories. A couple of stories on "Outside the Lines" and Fox Saturday baseball would do wonders for this team and its image. I have no doubt that the Sox have someone who sends this stuff to the media. I see the press releases on whitesox.com all of the time when they happen. It is the media who never picks it up. Maybe its just me, but I would rather hear about Carl Everett visiting critically injured kids, than hear about Carl Everett rail against gays.
-
Runaway Bride 2..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:49 AM) Why the hell are you asking me...?? I think the assholes caught with coke, pot, meth, roids, etc, etc, etc.. should be IN JAIL. OK now why do athletes who committ assault and battery on a basketball court get a free pass over schmo's who committ it in a bar or similar place? Some would argue bar fights are just a part of the scene, just like a fight in a sporting event.
-
Runaway Bride 2..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:45 AM) Ok.. if you want to take this further... let's at least try to keep the comparison's even. Don't try tossing in a drug dealer or a corporate rapist and comparing them to an idiot ball player who was joined by fans in a a&b altercation. OK, how's this, we have drug taking (and I am sure dealing) athletes all over pro sports who are known by their teams to be using, and they don't get punished by the law, even though their drug use is public knowledge in many cases. Why is it different for them?
-
Runaway Bride 2..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:31 AM) So punish the entire team for the mistakes of few..?? No offense kap.. but that analogy sucked, IMO. What happens to families when their breadwinner gets sent up the river because he was dealing? Doesn't that punish the whole family? How about a group like Arthur Andersen getting procecuted as a whole for the transgressions of a few people? It happens in the real world everyday. For whatever reason it is viewed as different when it happens to famous people.
-
Constitutional Amendment on Flag Burning
QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 09:31 AM) Just cause doing something makes you a douchebag, doesn't mean it should be against the law to do it. Heck I'd be illegal then
-
Fired for blogging..
It was only a matter of time...