Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Here is the Jon Garland comparision WITH AJ 6 IP 3 ER 7 IP 2 ER 8 IP 2 ER 7 IP 2 ER 7 IP 3 ER 6 IP 7 ER 6.2 IP 4 ER 7 IP 1 ER WITH WIDGER 8 IP 1 ER 9 IP 0 ER 9 IP 0 ER 5.2 IP 6 ER TOTALS WITH AJ 54 2/3 IP 24 ER 3.95 ERA WITH WIDGER 31 2/3 IP 7 ER 1.99 ERA
  2. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 11:01 AM) I received the Mariah Carey christmas album from my parents for some odd, godforsaken reason when I was like 12. Revelations like that explain the way you turned out
  3. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:13 AM) You suck! I love Air Supply! Mine would be Snow - 12 Inches of Snow. :puke I have a lot that some would consider embarassing, but I bought for nostalgic reasons: Tiffany's - Greatest Hits New Kids - Greatest Hits Debbie Gibson's - Greatest Hits ABBA - GH You win
  4. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) This just turned into the thread of the year. Not until the pics get posted... Then it is the thread of the century.
  5. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...1400349_pf.html
  6. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 10:01 AM) I met and rode Dumbo with him at Disney when I was 8.. I'll bring the pictures Friday. You can't make up stuff like that
  7. I was going to put CD, but that might disqualify some of our disco fanantics.... But looking back, what is the most embarassing CD, album, tape, 8 track etc, that you have ever owned? For me I think it would have to be Vanilla Ice- To the Extreme
  8. QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 09:51 AM) I liked his music back in the day also.. Saved up 2 months of allowance to buy Thriller. That gives me a thread idea...
  9. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 03:19 AM) The new Arlington Stadium is brutal during the summer. We went on a 4th of July a couple of years ago, and no wind was moving at all.
  10. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:17 AM) But he still manages to get the JR must spend more message across; http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay14.html Of course if Kotex boy had actually paid attention to the man who controlls the purse strings he would have heard JR say that there is more money to be added to payroll. Then again that would have involved things such as research, and fact, which don't belong there at all...
  11. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 01:50 AM) It was a car window and he was acquitted. So was OJ.
  12. If Ozzie can repeat this years preformance he will shoot up that list, but as is now, upper middle of the pack seems about right to me.
  13. Jesus his ankle is still swelling up? That can't be good.
  14. Sounds like because of a favor to the Godfather, I am going to be in for this!!! I'll have a mitt and some beer
  15. I have commented a few times that during the season, I think AJ Pierzynski is the BIG difference in the way that Jose Contreras has been pitching this year. Now after watching that disaster last night, it inspired me to do some research. It will be interesting to see if this trend continues this year but here are the starts were AJ has caught Contreras, in order. 6 IP 1 ER 6.2 IP 4 ER 4.2 IP 4 ER 3.1 IP 1 ER 6 IP 1 ER 8 IP 1 ER 7 IP 1 ER 7 IP 3 ER 6 IP 2 ER 6 IP 2 ER Now Widger's three starts with Contreras 5 IP 4 ER 6.1 IP 4 ER 6 IP 8 ER For totals of... AJ 60.2 IP 16 ER 2.52 ERA Widger 17.1 IP 16 ER 8.30 ERA Its not even close right now. Now it will be interesting to see if this is an aberration, or if AJ literally makes Contreras a better pitcher.
  16. QUOTE(zach23 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 03:02 PM) The famous Johnnie Cochoran "Chewbacca defense". If Mike was playing with full grown Wookies instead of little Ewoks he wouldn't be in all this trouble.
  17. Because typing with two hands just isn't practical sometimes http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8204555/
  18. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 02:29 PM) WIGERMANIA TONIGHT Wiger was on the radio earlier saying that Ozzie told him he would start. THEY BEST BE STOCKING UP ON FIREWORKS TONIGHT, WIGERMANIA IS GOING TO RUN OVER THE SNAKES That's not good. Widger doesn't catch Contreras nearly as well as AJ does.
  19. Along the 9/11 theme, this is the story of a widow of a United pilot who was killed on 9-11, whose widow is losing their pension. http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/j...1,1521123.story
  20. QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 01:53 PM) Who is happiest today? Rafael Furcal. After Cabrera and Rollins getting $8 per and Renteria getting 10, his contract perameters are pretty good looking And how big of a bargain is Uribe at 3 years $10 million?
  21. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a. It's fun to stay at the y-m-c-a. They have everything for you men to enjoy, You can hang out with all the boys ...
  22. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2083626
  23. I watched a great special on the History Channel about the Oracle of Delphi in Greece, and what gave it its mystical powers. Here is more about it from National Geographic. http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...lphioracle.html
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:58 PM) I don't know where else to post this, and it doesn't deserve its own thread, but I'm in a mood to rant... I'm a graduate student in Geology. I'm at Caltech, and I've been in California for 2 years now. I've walked on at least 5 active faults while out here. I haven't felt an earthquake my entire time here. The White Sox have now felt more earthquakes than I have. Wow. Be careful what you wish for
  25. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2005 -> 12:52 PM) I was certain for the first month, now I'm not so sure. It's not like he's getting regular work in against people, with all these close games, and it's not like pitching in Coors field is the answer for him either. Actually last night would have been an interesting spot to use Shingo. He would have had a 3 run lead, and a big ballpark to pitch in.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.