Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Still not over it.
QUOTE(sayitanitso @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:01 PM) I remember turing off the Illini Arizona game when Zona was 15 up with 3 minutes to go. Then i turned it back on and the Illini were down by 2. That was one exciting game to watch. Or not watch you in your case
-
Brown to return to Illini
Really it was his only move. With the injury he wasn't going to get drafted. The best he could hope for was to play himself on to a team.
-
Best Sox Promotion Ever?
Disco Demolition... nuf said.
-
The perils of the barter system
Goats for Cocaine OR Chickens for Sex
-
front page of the wall street journal
QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) baseball had a long strike in 1981. They didn't play at all for like 2 months or so.
-
front page of the wall street journal
QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:25 PM) what happened in 1981??? Long strike
-
Boston names famous foul pole after Pudge
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:21 PM) What's with that shirt? He must have went to the Ed Farmer school of fashion
-
Boston names famous foul pole after Pudge
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/base...k.sfoulpole.ap/
-
Bill Mueller could be traded to the White Sox
QUOTE(Iguana @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 12:06 PM) so is this set in stone or a rumor? Its not even a rumor, its an idea.
-
Not for the weak stomached
A KS abortion DR has been accused of eating fetuses... http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44779
-
Pitcher Brendan Donnelly of the Angels was ejected
QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:48 AM) Could this warrant a suspension? Using a foreign substance on a baseball is a 10 day suspension.
-
The story on Ross Gload
QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 11:22 AM) I agree he is done fro the year, they need to think that way now. I smell more trade coming. they have to at this point. Its either that or Greg Norton :puke
-
Schiavo autopsy reports due out today
Thanks for the post Soxy. What is interesting is now the big question is what caused it, and it seems both sides theories have gotten flushed down the toilet. I wonder what theories are left now?
-
Questions for Dave Wilder
QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 06:49 PM) Guys, one thing to think about when formulating these questions, note that Wilder is the Director of Player Development and as such, he will likely have less info on these new draft choices than the guy who's in charge of the draft, Duane Shafer. Dave, as I understand it, will have more knowledge and input on the guys who are already in the system. But it was noted he scouted Lance Broadway, so maybe some of his responsibilities overlap, which is why a good question is for Dave to outline exactly what he does on a week to week or month to month basis. I gotcha... OK how about this then. Tell us about Jim Bullard, and how much of a chance he has to make it to Chicago? Mike Michigan City IN
-
Schiavo autopsy reports due out today
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) The autopsy largely exonerates Michael Schaivo from the abuse allegations the Schaivo's were leveling against him. The likely reason for the coma is no more and no less explained after the autopsy – a potentially lethal osmotic imbalance brought on by an eating disorder. As far as the possibility of ever making any kind of recovery – I think the finding of a brain mass that was 50% that of a normal brain pretty much answers that. That's kinda what I figured, but I wasn't sure. And after reading a newish issue of National Geographic on the brain, I realized how little even doctors know about it.
-
Schiavo autopsy reports due out today
QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 10:26 AM) what can we conclude for this? The parents have some apologizing to do it sounds like... Also, did they find any evidence she could have possibily recovered?
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 09:23 AM) Oh yea, I almost forgot that you paid for my last trip up... Duh, how could I forget? LMAO Now really, if you would have paid for it the first time I would have $300 more in my account right now and I could come up for this one. Yea, right. You would have wasted the $300 on cocaine and hookers anyways...
-
front page of the wall street journal
Again no mention of the double digit increases in attentance.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 08:56 AM) Only one keg? Gage should be worth about a pint as much as he gages the board. Someone find me a cheap airplane ticket so I can come too. Well if you start driving now...
-
The story on Ross Gload
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 02:03 AM) so much for all the "fake injury" conspiracy theorists. Hmm I wonder where they all ran away to? Also, Gload is done for the year, I get the feeling.
-
Brower to the Whitesox????
If that happens, Marte goes to the DL. Personally I think the Sox are thinking about DLing Damaso right now anyway.
-
What's El Duque's deal?
One interesting thought. I have read that part of the problem with pitching in Denver is that the thin air makes recovery a lot harder, and thus even makes their next start rough, as their body hasn't caught up like it usually would. Now go back and look at the pitching preformances of Garcia, Contreras, and Hernandez in their first starts after Colorado.
-
ST Tailgate Friday June 17th
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 05:29 AM) Hey guys, is it alright if I bring Jason? You have to bring a keg to make up for it.
-
Most embarassing music ever owned?
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 08:01 AM) Hell yeah! Remember Z95 dances? There was about 1 a month by me. Yeah they had them at what used to be Shakey's out by me. I blame them for my buying Vanilla Ice.
-
NCLB question
QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 08:03 AM) You're attractive to me. No green required... I have seen the way you look at me on the train platform