Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) Personally, I don't see the Sox winning like this without a bat like Thomas' back in the lineup on a daily basis. I think our lineup goes from below average to above average just by having #35 in the middle of the lineup, but that's JMO. The question is, when will Frank Thomas hit like Frank Thomas, and how long can we afford to wait for that?
  2. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:08 PM) Yes, cheers to the Admins for holding this piece of s*** to 4 posts. Have fun, and make sure to send him and his school an email (or a nice mailing list) telling him what you think.
  3. QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) Wrong. The media hangs on (some would say twist) everything Thomas says. If you were listening, Frank has been saying stuff like that for months, then all of the sudden he saids he needs his ABs and it is front page news in both papers. Try again.
  4. QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) If Frank said it, the headline would be "Thomas Doesn't Want to Play". If Frank said that no one would care and nothing would get printed.
  5. QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:24 PM) just because we haven't lost EVERY time he's gone to Marte in the ninth doesn't make it right. but off the top of my head, he left garland in too long against the rangers, took mccarthy out too early against the cubs, really screwed the pooch with buerhle in the ninth inning on memorial day, brought in walker two days later in a one-run game, and this is all in the last week. i'd say he lost us about 10-15 games last year with his pitching management. So you are saying we should be something like 53-2?
  6. QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:48 PM) Did he? Sorry, I missed it. Pregame interview yesterday. Of course no one in the media actually caught wind of it, because there is no controversy there.
  7. QUOTE(I-HATE-CREDE @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:23 PM) If Everett is such a "team first" player he won't mind coming off the bench the rest of the season. Ozzie could get him in the line-up three-four times a week by sitting Frank once, Dye once, Rowand once(moving Pods to center). I'm worried they'll trade Carl and Thomas will down with another injury. That's almost exactly what Carl said. Whatever is best for the team.
  8. Just to stir the pot, did anyone else notice that Carl Everett didn't say anything like "I need my ABs when asked" about this? He literally said, whatever is best for the team. Now carry on.
  9. QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 09:26 PM) I should just put 'twins fan' in my sig or something hahah we'll get em tommorrow. but i wont be around. but take it easy. always a pleasure. andsee ya monday. How about a new member title?
  10. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 09:18 PM) but not greater than timo. that's for sure. And Willie is the MVP of us all.
  11. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 09:16 PM) gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes. 4 1/2 game lead>a Yankees win, for sure.
  12. QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 09:08 PM) I wish ozzie looked at this forum every once and awhile and realizes Timo sucks yeah right. Ozzie reaction after reading Soxtalk "BECAUSE I AM THE f***ING MANAGER, THAT'S WHY"
  13. QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 09:08 PM) gulp i hate saying this but LETS GO YANKEES CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP I just got done saying that I feel dirty rooting for the Yankees.
  14. QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 09:05 PM) :uhoh This is definately Uh-Oh, Bye-Bye.
  15. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    They did it sometime during the day on Friday. Literally when my wife went to work in the morning it was Oldies 104.3, and when she came home it was Jack radio or some s***.
  16. Wow. That was kind of funny after listening to DJ praise the guy all game long. It just goes to show you that DJ can jinx anything.
  17. QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 08:59 PM) Are you cheering for the Twinks? He is a Twins fan.
  18. I said it once, and I will say it again (only this time I don't feel like rigging it) one million votes for Timo.
  19. QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 07:34 PM) Uh????? That graph shows we are doing better than last year, which I knew even before starting this thread. But it still does not answer the question as to why we have only 23K on a Fri night with a winning team in June. You cannot be that stupid, Jabroni. Wake up and smell the coffee, and get with the program. Typical. Nitpick at a scab instead of looking at the whole body.
  20. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:18 PM) I give you permission to ban me if this ends up bad. About that close. Next time be quiet
  21. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:17 PM) Oh f***.
  22. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:16 PM) There's a lot of sun, but that was f***ing awful for Pods. Crisp has done that twice in LF.
  23. QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 06:15 PM) Hermy's to good to get jinxed. There now if we lose it's my fault. Try again
  24. DJ just jinxed Hermanson. If we lose, its his fault.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.