Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The one thing I would definately disagree with is that the Twins were supposed to be better. They lost their starting left side of the infield, along with some of their OF depth. They also have had some injury problems, and signed no one in the off season. And I don't see any big improvement in the Tigers or the Indians yet. The Tigers starting pitching still sucksand hasn't stepped up. Their bullpen even with Farns and Percival, has been shakey. Their offense will always struggle for consistancy in Comerica, and also depends on Rodriguez, Ordonez, and Guillen who also have big injury histories. The Indians bullpen is still terrible and is relying upon two guys with terrible injury histories to pitch the 8th and 9th. Their offense is full of guys who had career years last year, and are off to slow starts. They also lost the heart and sole of their team in Omar Vizquel. The starting pitching hasn't lived up to its billing yet, but does have CC coming back soon.
  2. QUOTE(gsoxs1 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:56 PM) Aren't we suppose to beat up on the bad teams? Why is that such a negative. A ggod team should and the Sox will beat up on the bad teams. Its a negative because that means we still have games left against good teams.
  3. QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:55 PM) which is the main problem I have with this...I know I cannot go to that many games so I really can't call out other people who do the same Especially since we all know what drives attendance. If we win, it goes up. If we suck, it goes down. It is that simple.
  4. Don't forget to make your picks to clicks and YNOTs!!!
  5. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:49 PM) I think the AL Central overall is gonna surprise a lot of people this year. I think people just repeat what they hear and read and that's all we've heard and read the past 3 years. IMO, the West is weaker than last few years, the East is weaker that the past few years. The central is better than the past few years. I wouldn't say Detroit and Cleveland suck.....not just yet. Personally I am not repeating anything. I sat and watched almost every inning of all of the games we have played this year. Those two teams might be better, but they are definately not good teams IMO.
  6. QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:27 PM) 4 out of the 6 teams we played are .500 or over. I'd say we've played one weak team. Dispite what the records say, Oakland and Minnesota are the only "good" teams we have played. Seattle I could accept as good, but they were also missing their best hitter at the time, and we ducked their best pitchers. Detroit, Cleveland, and KC just flat out suck.
  7. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:30 PM) ..but maybe if parents didn't let it bother them, the thrill would be gone for the kids. Trust me, I have a whole different set of problems with parents... don't get me going there
  8. QUOTE(Calderon's Crew @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:17 PM) The ALCU is a joke. They spend more time on b.s. like this and nothing about real issues, Patriot Act etc. Any chance they could put a twins logo above the "I love my Vagina" shirt? Now that would be great
  9. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:09 PM) SS, I see your point, I'm just being a smartass. You have to admit though, there is some irony there. Take off the LOVE button, it's disrupting my history lesson on war and killing. Sometimes I don't think we give kids enough credit. Meh, seeing teenagers today at a pretty close level, sometimes I wonder if we give them too much credit. We all know if it is something that could attract attention, good or bad, teens are drawn to it like moths. If it involves sex and offends teachers/parents all the better. If teens could act like adults, this wouldn't be necesary, but seeing as teachers hear giggles everytime the word "penis" or "vagina" is mentioned in sex ed class, I know these things would cause problems.
  10. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) Can someone explain why this was such a highly contested battle?? What's the big deal? Hoosiers are backwards and fear change... next question.
  11. I am still not convinced we will win the AL Central either. We have played weak teams, and are still only 2 1/2 games ahead of a 2nd half team. It isn't hard to imagine the Twins winning the Central IMO. And based on history, you know the Twins will have a big run in them. We might have already seen ours.
  12. Attendance is going to explode if we keep playing well. Luckily we have 6 games against Detroit and KC, so that should help the record, as long as these injuries heal up.
  13. Bumped for Wino...
  14. Congrats for Jon. After all of the abuse he has gotten, I am glad to see he is getting at least a moment in the sun .
  15. QUOTE(Nokona @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) ...People live in Indiana? Yeah, and we are all related.
  16. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 11:56 AM) It took til almost noon for this thread to get started. Yeah, I had first thing this morning in the "attendance thread" pool
  17. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 11:16 AM) Kids, hate your bodies and hate yourselves, but don't you dare go ape s*** and shoot up your classmates. Or just disrupt class and make sure no one learns anything...
  18. What a dope. This guy is just pissing away the rest of his life.
  19. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 10:49 AM) I'd be OK if Contreras' game got washed tonight. I read that the hammy has been bothering him for a while, it seems like he would benefit from more time off. And it would also give the infield warriors another day to rest up.
  20. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) They love a part of their body -- it is not disruptive and does not cause a threat to school discipline, so the school technically according to the SC has no recourse legally to ban them from using the shirts. COme on Apu, you aren't that far removed from HS... a bunch of teenagers running around with the word "Vagina" on their shirts isn't disruptive? These are the people fart jokes are made for. These are the same kids that snicker everytime an anatomically correct term for any reproductive organ is used. It IS disruptive, I don't think that is even an issue.
  21. FWIW, the meridian line that is supposed to be the divider between CST and EST goes through Columbus Ohio. Indiana should be on central time.
  22. That is a thing of beauty. Indiana finally hits the 19th century.
  23. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 10:10 AM) yeah i saw that, dont think it will happen Why? It is a perfect fit if you think about. The Cubs desperately need a SS, and they have great minor league pitching. The Phillies would love to unload his salary for anything you can get.
  24. QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 09:51 AM) Pat Hughes: "Fly ball to left, Brown is there....HE DROPPED THE BALL!!" Ronnie Woo Woo Santo: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Definately a personal favorite of mine.
  25. I hope they do something. No one cares about the state tourney anymore... The problem is it might be too late.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.